Like Tree67Likes

Thread: First Storm of the Season

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    03-28-2019 @ 04:55 PM
    Thanks

First Storm of the Season

Finally got to play, oh I mean work....lol

halfway thru this job I had to remove all jackets, hats and gloves the heater in this cab will roast you out.

Setup

2018 John Deere 1025r
    Curtis Cab
    54" Quick Attach Front Plow (with rubber cutting edge and rubber wings)
    SB1154 3 point snowblower

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rbmurray210 For This Useful Post:

BigJim55(11-17-2018), ColonyPark(11-18-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Thanks
    Very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Levi, OxPath, SulleyBear and 2 others like this.

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbmurray210 View Post
    Finally got to play, oh I mean work....lol

halfway thru this job I had to remove all jackets, hats and gloves the heater in this cab will roast you out.

Setup

2018 John Deere 1025r
    Curtis Cab
    54" Quick Attach Front Plow (with rubber cutting edge and rubber wings)
    SB1154 3 point snowblower

now that is a action shot i say thanks for the video.
    ColonyPark, Levi, OxPath and 4 others like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,955 Times in 2,915 Posts
    Nice setup Rbmurray210. Thanks for the post.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    05-07-2019 @ 04:32 PM
    Thanks
    Nice looking unit! Got a bit of snow there, how much did you end up getting? Thanks 👍
    Levi, OxPath, SulleyBear and 1 others like this.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Thanks
    Nice. Great video
    Thanks Bob
    Fire trucks are Red/Tractors are Green

2005 JD 790. 419 FEL, Frontier Forks, 6' brush Hog, back blade,7'FEL Snowplow.
    1963 JD 4010. 7' Lucknow 3pt Snowblower
    JD 24T Baler
    JD 14T Baler
    2013 JD 825i-Cab,winch,led lights 6' Snowplow.
    1951 JD MT.
    2011 JD Z445

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Good job......

Are you plowing in Low in the transfer case?

I hang one of the Duluth Trading Shirt jackets on the coat hook in my cab and just go with the long sleeve fleece I often wear in the winter. When I do get out of the cab, I can put the coat on but I am not able to run my cab heat at more than about 50% of the heat control valve or it roasts me out of the cab. I never wear a coat in the cab or its uncomfortable real fast.

I find I don't need a heavier coat as I am not out of the cab long, plus it keeps it out of my rear window, etc.

I strongly suggest you check into a back up monitor, the wireless kind. They are worth their weight in gold and with the rear snow blower, you will be able to see where backing and if anyone comes up behind you which is important. The camera and monitor make the operation of the tractor really enjoyable and in my opinion, even safer.......

Cab Safety Light, Rear Window Wiper and Back up Camera install
    Levi, OxPath, jdmich and 1 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmich View Post
    Nice. Great video
    He needs to throw a little snow from the chute the direction of the camera operator to keep them on their toes.......I know if I did that, the next image would be of the camera being dropped into the snow and Mrs. Bear headed towards the house and ALL DONE.......

Heck, I haven't even been able to talk her into running the camera outside while I am plowing. She did offer, to the extent that she could film from inside the house through the window......

The smaller the camera, the harder they are to hold and shoot good video. The Go Pro cameras are really tough to hold in your hands and shoot as the smallest movement really changes the camera's aim on the subject. Even with the stabilization built into many of the small cameras, they still are a little tricky to hold and get a smooth video. So the camera operator in this video deserves credit for a job well done.

I had my 9 year old buddy next door film me plowing snow but he had some camera control issues which made me get motion sick when watching the video of me he shot. So, its been relegated to the "recycle bin" in the video file.....

I have some Go Pro camera mounts for inside and outside the cab and this year, I am going to run two cameras simultaneously, one from inside the cab and the other mounted in varying locations, on the grill guard, on the rear of the tractor, on the FEL side frame member for a unique angle, mounted just above the top flap of the plow, etc........Now, if I can just take some time to learn the video editing software......
    Levi, jdmich and Rbmurray210 like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveX730 View Post
    Nice looking unit! Got a bit of snow there, how much did you end up getting? Thanks 👍
    Dave,

we ended up getting 8" with drifts over 12", just the beginning of many many more to come.....
    Levi and greenharley like this.

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Good job......

Are you plowing in Low in the transfer case?

I hang one of the Duluth Trading Shirt jackets on the coat hook in my cab and just go with the long sleeve fleece I often wear in the winter. When I do get out of the cab, I can put the coat on but I am not able to run my cab heat at more than about 50% of the heat control valve or it roasts me out of the cab. I never wear a coat in the cab or its uncomfortable real fast.

I find I don't need a heavier coat as I am not out of the cab long, plus it keeps it out of my rear window, etc.

I strongly suggest you check into a back up monitor, the wireless kind. They are worth their weight in gold and with the rear snow blower, you will be able to see where backing and if anyone comes up behind you which is important. The camera and monitor make the operation of the tractor really enjoyable and in my opinion, even safer.......

Cab Safety Light, Rear Window Wiper and Back up Camera install

Sully I usually plow in low for the first pass, then usually go to high range to speed the process up as you can see I have a lot of driveway to get done. Usually isn't bad if I am off and home but on those work days its a swipe down and back to just get in and out until I get I home in the evenings (try to keep the "finance committee" happy)...lol I just have to be careful when backing my driveway as you saw I have a ditch on one side and hill on the other, but you are 100% correct its a lifesaver when I am working near the main highway as I can see cars coming way off in the distance to give me time to get out of the way even though my attention is focused out the front windshield.

I actually do have a rear camera hook up, its not wireless but for $28 I decided to run a couple of wires to the rear.

Click image for larger version.

Name:	Image-1 (1).jpg
Views:	15
Size:	355.5 KB
ID:	657230

Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_0632.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	660.3 KB
ID:	657232
    Gizmo2, ColonyPark, Levi and 5 others like this.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast