Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Um......how MUCH is that part.....$$$$

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    06-22-2019 @ 02:06 PM
    Thanks

Um......how MUCH is that part.....$$$$

Let me start out by saying I purchased a hydraulic lift kit for my 1025R from a fellow member. I seemed to be saving a few bucks so I pulled the trigger. When the parts arrived I was missing a few guide brackets that help support the hydraulic hoses. I figured no big deal I would call the JD dealer and have the parts ordered. So today, I sent the wife to pick up the parts since she was driving by the dealer and I had just gotten off work.

When she got home, she showed me the bill for the 3 guide brackets, 1 was $14.26 and the remaining 2 were $192.72 (96.36 X 2). I thought to myself.... you have GOT to be kidding me! I have no problem paying a premium price for a custom gear or something of that nature, but SERIOUSLY....can you tell me the reasoning for the MAJOR price difference between the two brackets..?

Mark

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bracket Picture.jpg Bracket Receipt.jpg
    Gizmo2, BigJim55 and Herminator like this.
    JD 1025R (2016) ** 60" MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** SB1154" snowblower ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Titan Forks w/42" Forks ** Titan - 3-Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer **CTA 66" Snowplow**

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Thanks
    Wow, something doesn't seem right there. I see the tag that says 18 pack, maybe they scanned that and you paid for all 18? At any rate I would look up the part online and see what it sells for at Green Farm Parts or someplace, and maybe return those if they made an obvious mistake based on others prices (or get them to refund the overage).
    glc, OxPath, BigJim55 and 3 others like this.

4. Top | #3
    Big
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Thanks
    Whoooweee those are the most expensive hose supports I've ever seen. You could buy a barrel of zip ties for that price. May not work in that situation but you could still buy some round stock at a metal supply for much cheaper.
    glc, OxPath, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.
    -2017 2032R, 220r Loader, I-Match, Ken's Extended Top Hook, MMM, JD Ballast Box, Dual rear SCV's, Single Point Hydraulic Connection, Landscape Rake, Tarter Tiller, Boom Pole, Middle Buster/Potato Plow, Drag Harrow, Single Row Hipper, 5' Enorossi sickle bar, 3 point spike drag, Titan 42" Forks, 60" Box Blade, Landpride 3 point spreader, Leinbach 5' Disc.

-Bobcat 325G Mini Ex
    -Toro Dingo 322 with many attachments
    -Honda Pioneer 700

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,504 Times in 1,231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Leroy View Post
    Wow, something doesn't seem right there. I see the tag that says 18 pack, maybe they scanned that and you paid for all 18? At any rate I would look up the part online and see what it sells for at Green Farm Parts or someplace, and maybe return those if they made an obvious mistake based on others prices (or get them to refund the overage).
    I'm thinking this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ if that is not a mistake, take them back and make your own.
    glc, Gizmo2, DRobinson and 5 others like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

7. Top | #5
    glc
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cabowabodude View Post
    Let me start out by saying I purchased a hydraulic lift kit for my 1025R from a fellow member. I seemed to be saving a few bucks so I pulled the trigger. When the parts arrived I was missing a few guide brackets that help support the hydraulic hoses. I figured no big deal I would call the JD dealer and have the parts ordered. So today, I sent the wife to pick up the parts since she was driving by the dealer and I had just gotten off work.

When she got home, she showed me the bill for the 3 guide brackets, 1 was $14.26 and the remaining 2 were $192.72 (96.36 X 2). I thought to myself.... you have GOT to be kidding me! I have no problem paying a premium price for a custom gear or something of that nature, but SERIOUSLY....can you tell me the reasoning for the MAJOR price difference between the two brackets..?

Mark

They screwed up royally!! You need to call them on Monday, and get your transaction straightened out!
    Greg from western pa

2009 2520
    FEL/61" HD bucket/replaceable cutting edge
    62D2 MMM
    IMatch Quick Hitch
    A "REAL" snow blade ---- JD 380A modded to fit
    Homemade 3PT Receiver
    Homemade Ballast Box
    Woods GB65 Box Blade

2019 JOHN DEERE X390 with 48" ACCEL DEEP DECK

MY 2520 SE SEAT MOD:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...d-for-the-2520

MY BALLAST BOX
    https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...llast-box.html

8. Top | #6
    Big
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Thanks
    Found part # LVU31518 at a couple of sites...same results=expensive.

Click image for larger version.

Name:	Screenshot_20181124-183858.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	335.9 KB
ID:	658424

Click image for larger version.

Name:	Screenshot_20181124-183928.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	319.8 KB
ID:	658426
    glc, Gizmo2, OxPath and 5 others like this.
    -2017 2032R, 220r Loader, I-Match, Ken's Extended Top Hook, MMM, JD Ballast Box, Dual rear SCV's, Single Point Hydraulic Connection, Landscape Rake, Tarter Tiller, Boom Pole, Middle Buster/Potato Plow, Drag Harrow, Single Row Hipper, 5' Enorossi sickle bar, 3 point spike drag, Titan 42" Forks, 60" Box Blade, Landpride 3 point spreader, Leinbach 5' Disc.

-Bobcat 325G Mini Ex
    -Toro Dingo 322 with many attachments
    -Honda Pioneer 700

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,504 Times in 1,231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Found part # LVU31518 at a couple of sites...same results=expensive.
    Same here, I'll damned, what would make it cost so much. I'd take it back and make something myself.
    glc, DRobinson, OxPath and 5 others like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    06-22-2019 @ 02:06 PM
    Thanks
    "Whoooweee those are the most expensive hose supports I've ever seen. You could buy a barrel of zip ties for that price. May not work in that situation but you could still buy some round stock at a metal supply for much cheaper."

I agree....I think who ever was pricing parts at the JD factory put the decimal in the wrong spot. I keep thinking to myself...."This is INSANE $192.72 for 2 guide brackets"...? The brackets are going back on Monday!
    glc, jgayman, OxPath and 5 others like this.
    JD 1025R (2016) ** 60" MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** SB1154" snowblower ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Titan Forks w/42" Forks ** Titan - 3-Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer **CTA 66" Snowplow**

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    Same here, I'll damned, what would make it cost so much. I'd take it back and make something myself.

They are made with screwewetonium.
    glc, OxPath, BigJim55 and 9 others like this.
    332 GT w/ 50" deck, trac vac
    LT178 w/ 38" deck

I heat my home & workshop with two coal stokers and have a vintage JD smoker!!!

The EPA just loves me.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:47 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,589 Times in 1,208 Posts
    I discovered this parts price earlier in the week. I had been looking for the P/N for those square brackets because I thought they might work better on my 272 than the current round loops I have. I almost fell on the floor when I saw the price. I too checked around on-line and kept finding the same price.

Just by the sheer madness of it all it would seem like a mistake in the parts system. But I guess if folks are ordering and paying the price they have little reason to question it.

What did the dealer say? I mean, I know it's JD (i.e. the Snap-On of tractors) but didn't they ever see a parts price so outrageous that they called HQ to verify if there was a mistake in the parts system?
    glc, OxPath, BigJim55 and 3 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast