Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Dealership Woes...venting

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:21 AM
    Thanks

Dealership Woes...venting

I am willing to accept a percentage of the responsibility on this but here is the abridged story.

Back in August, I traded in my 1025R Loader after a year because...(1) when I bought it in May 2017 I was told I would be getting a 2017 MY unit. Ended up taking delivery of a 2015 MY. I'll own it, because there was no documentation on that, and it wasn't until a few months later that I checked the VIN (always irked me because I don't keep my equipment outside. I use it, wash it, park it in my garage. My equipment doesn't stay outside over night, let alone 2 years on the lot. (2) My dealer was running a special on the 2018 MY 1025R TLB. Didn't think I would need a hoe, but jobs kept popping up.

Decided to add on an SB1154 3 pt snowblower with the new tractor. Went all out, ordering the hydraulic chute rotation. After taking delivery of the tractor, dealer called informing me that the hydraulic cute rotation was not compatible with the power beyond and I would have to get the manual chute rotation. "Okay, make the change and deliver when it arrives."

Mid September snowblower gets delivered - Hydraulic chute rotation and all.
    "Well okay, what do we do now?"
    "It will take 2 months for us to get you the manual chute rotation"
    "If I get the valve, will you guys set it all up with the power beyond at no extra charge?"
    "Sure, we can do that. Just bring your tractor up once you have the valve and we will get you rigged up."

Fast forward to October 27, 2018. I have the valve in hand and scheduled my drop off at the dealer.
    "Not rushing you guys, but it's basically November and I just want to know when I can pickup my tractor as I have some work to do with it before it snows."
    "Our turn around is no more than 21 days, you'll definitely have it by then."

11/16 called the dealer (approx 21 days)
    "Just calling to check on status of my tractor..."
    "To be honest, we haven't even started on it."
    "Okay, I know there are a lot of farmers with equipment issues right now with all the rain we have had, and I have only spent $40k with you guys. I get that I'm not a high roller for you guys, but I will check back in after Thanksgiving to check again".
    "Okay, don't worry you will have it before the first snow falls.
    2 days later, first snow falls.

11/24 called the dealer again (almost 30 days since dropped off)
    "Just calling to check on the status of my tractor..."
    "Okay, again, I get that I may not be a high priority for you guys, but after our last conversation you at least sounded like you would be getting started and that this would be done sooner, rather than later."
    "Well the thing is, we are still waiting on parts, and our guy that usually fabricates brackets has been out."
    "Oh okay, when do you expect parts and your guy to be back in?"
    "Parts should be in soon, but our fabricator has been out since June, so we do not know when he will be back in. If you want to come pickup the tractor, we don't need it until the bracket is fabricated and mounted."
    "So should I not count on this getting done before the next snow falls?"
    "Oh I'll have it done by the end of the month."
    *seriously considers punching myself in the face, because the dealer can do it through the phone*
    "Okay, I'll give you until the end of the month, that's next week. But I really need that to be done so I can get my work done before the ground freezes and it snows again."

So that's my venting. Like I said, I am willing to own up to the fact that I sorta set myself up for this, and that I should've known better than to do business with these guys again. I'm honestly, most chapped because my tractor, PTO shaft, and Valve have been sitting outside in the rain, sleet, snow, and freezing temps for the past month. This is why I don't let anyone borrow my tractor, because others do not treat my equipment like I do. I know beggars can't be choosers, and they are doing a few thousand worth of parts and labor since they ordered the wrong snowblower to begin with.

You all have never lead me astray, am I being a douche about all of this or do I have a legitimate gripe with this dealer?
    Gizmo2, pappa, Levi and 8 others like this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gtmedic For This Useful Post:

BarryNWa (11-25-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Thanks
    I would say you have more than a lil reason to gripe.
    All shops I have worked in have their shop split up. Large AG guys dont mess with lawn mowers, gators or most compact tractors. That way their seasons dont get in the way of the other.
    Most dealers have set up guys. They add all the goodies to the tractors. Others add goodies to lawn tractors and gators. Large ag will install their own goodies.
    Not being able to fab a simple bracket cuz someone is out long term is BS and a red flag.
    Parts not being there is BS. Parts/kit should have been there before you dropped it off. 21 days and then a month are unacceptable. Period. If parts are backordered with no ship date then you should have been told that first. This is a very very rare occurrence and there are ways around it.
    IMHO it boils down to piss poor management and screw stick techs that aren't willing to step up and do their job.
    If possible find another dealer. Call others and see if they can do the do.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    Levi, OxPath, BigJim55 and 9 others like this.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xcopterdoc For This Useful Post:

gtmedic (11-24-2018)

6. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:52 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,506 Times in 1,233 Posts
    I don't buy it, sounds like they're yanking your chain to me, I'd be fuming if I were you.
    xcopterdoc, Levi, OxPath and 6 others like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    03-10-2019 @ 04:44 PM
    Thanks
    If you want it done on time & right install it yourself. You’re dealership sounds shady. That’s strike 2 or better in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BigJim55 and Oscar Leroy like this.

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 12:45 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmedic View Post
    I am willing to accept a percentage of the responsibility on this but here is the abridged story.

Back in August, I traded in my 1025R Loader after a year because...(1) when I bought it in May 2017 I was told I would be getting a 2017 MY unit. Ended up taking delivery of a 2015 MY. I'll own it, because there was no documentation on that, and it wasn't until a few months later that I checked the VIN (always irked me because I don't keep my equipment outside. I use it, wash it, park it in my garage. My equipment doesn't stay outside over night, let alone 2 years on the lot. (2) My dealer was running a special on the 2018 MY 1025R TLB. Didn't think I would need a hoe, but jobs kept popping up.

Decided to add on an SB1154 3 pt snowblower with the new tractor. Went all out, ordering the hydraulic chute rotation. After taking delivery of the tractor, dealer called informing me that the hydraulic cute rotation was not compatible with the power beyond and I would have to get the manual chute rotation. "Okay, make the change and deliver when it arrives."

Mid September snowblower gets delivered - Hydraulic chute rotation and all.
    "Well okay, what do we do now?"
    "It will take 2 months for us to get you the manual chute rotation"
    "If I get the valve, will you guys set it all up with the power beyond at no extra charge?"
    "Sure, we can do that. Just bring your tractor up once you have the valve and we will get you rigged up."

Fast forward to October 27, 2018. I have the valve in hand and scheduled my drop off at the dealer.
    "Not rushing you guys, but it's basically November and I just want to know when I can pickup my tractor as I have some work to do with it before it snows."
    "Our turn around is no more than 21 days, you'll definitely have it by then."

11/16 called the dealer (approx 21 days)
    "Just calling to check on status of my tractor..."
    "Okay, I know there are a lot of farmers with equipment issues right now with all the rain we have had, and I have only spent $40k with you guys. I get that I'm not a high roller for you guys, but I will check back in after Thanksgiving to check again".
    "Okay, don't worry you will have it before the first snow falls.

11/24 called the dealer again (almost 30 days since dropped off)
    "Just calling to check on the status of my tractor..."
    "Okay, again, I get that I may not be a high priority for you guys, but after our last conversation you at least sounded like you would be getting started and that this would be done sooner, rather than later."
    "Well the thing is, we are still waiting on parts, and our guy that usually fabricates brackets has been out."
    "Oh okay, when do you expect parts and your guy to be back in?"
    "Parts should be in soon, but our fabricator has been out since June, so we do not know when he will be back in. If you want to come pickup the tractor, we don't need it until the bracket is fabricated and mounted."
    "So should I not count on this getting done before the next snow falls?"
    "Oh I'll have it done by the end of the month."
    *seriously considers punching myself in the face, because the dealer can do it through the phone*
    "Okay, I'll give you until the end of the month, that's next week. But I really need that to be done so I can get my work done before the ground freezes and it snows again."

So that's my venting. Like I said, I am willing to own up to the fact that I sorta set myself up for this, and that I should've known better than to do business with these guys again. I'm honestly, most chapped because my tractor, PTO shaft, and Valve have been sitting outside in the rain, sleet, snow, and freezing temps for the past month. This is why I don't let anyone borrow my tractor, because others do not treat my equipment like I do. I know beggars can't be choosers, and they are doing a few thousand worth of parts and labor since they ordered the wrong snowblower to begin with.

You all have never lead me astray, am I being a douche about all of this or do I have a legitimate gripe with this dealer?
    My local John Deere dealer is lacking on a number of issues when you start to ask technical questions for these sub-compact tractors. Their bread and butter is the six figure equipment they sell to these multi-million farm operations. I can appreciate being last in line when the crop is ripe for harvest and someone's major piece of equipment goes down. I always check, by name, who says "X" is going to work if I purchase the item. The parts and service people have the service flags that tell them if they are or are not compatible. That only works if they read them before pulling the trigger on an order. I'd be wanting some rush shipping at their expense if they dropped the ball. They may also have a demo unit they can loan you until they make it right. I hope they get you squared away soon. Good luck.
    Levi likes this.

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:08 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,029 Times in 2,509 Posts
    There are many threads in the Hydraulic forum about adding aftermarket valves even with the PB option. Having a dealer do "custom" work is a complete crap shoot-all they generally know is how to add and service OEM parts and accessories, and cannot think outside of the box.

Disclaimer: No disrespect indented to our resident JD technician.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    There are many threads in the Hydraulic forum about adding aftermarket valves even with the PB option. Having a dealer do "custom" work is a complete crap shoot-all they generally know is how to add and service OEM parts and accessories, and cannot think outside of the box.

Exactly!!! Dealers are not usually able to custom design anything. If they cannot add manufacturer provided components, they generally will not do it due to a number of reasons. Mostly, due to corporate policy.

Even if a dealer has a technician that is capable of doing such work, many times they are not permitted to do it due to policy.
    Kennyd, Levi and PJR832 like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Thanks
    Wait until you get the bill for storing your machine until they could work on it.

Probably won’t happen but had it happen to a Neighbor once with a hi vis tractor color.
    Levi and PJR832 like this.
    2007 2305, New to Me 12/15
    62c MMM, Independent Mid Lift
    H130 FEL, Heavy Hitch, , IMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks,
    N1 Sunshade, 48" Flex Hitch King Kutter,
    72" CTA Snow Pusher, CIDAttachments Forks
    LP 60” Grader Scrapper, R2 Edge Tamers
    Hitch'N Can

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmedic View Post

Mid September snowblower gets delivered - Hydraulic chute rotation and all. "Well okay, what do we do now?" "It will take 2 months for us to get you the manual chute rotation""If I get the valve, will you guys set it all up with the power beyond at no extra charge?""Sure, we can do that. Just bring your tractor up once you have the valve and we will get you rigged up."

Fast forward to October 27, 2018. I have the valve in hand and scheduled my drop off at the dealer. "Not rushing you guys, but it's basically November and I just want to know when I can pickup my tractor as I have some work to do with it before it snows.""Our turn around is no more than 21 days, you'll definitely have it by then."

11/16 called the dealer (approx 21 days)"Just calling to check on status of my tractor...""To be honest, we haven't even started on it.""Okay, I know there are a lot of farmers with equipment issues right now with all the rain we have had, and I have only spent $40k with you guys. I get that I'm not a high roller for you guys, but I will check back in after Thanksgiving to check again"."Okay, don't worry you will have it before the first snow falls.

11/24 called the dealer again (almost 30 days since dropped off)"Just calling to check on the status of my tractor...""To be honest, we haven't even started on it.""Okay, again, I get that I may not be a high priority for you guys, but after our last conversation you at least sounded like you would be getting started and that this would be done sooner, rather than later.""Well the thing is, we are still waiting on parts, and our guy that usually fabricates brackets has been out.""Oh okay, when do you expect parts and your guy to be back in?""Parts should be in soon, but our fabricator has been out since June, so we do not know when he will be back in. If you want to come pickup the tractor, we don't need it until the bracket is fabricated and mounted.""So should I not count on this getting done before the next snow falls?""Oh I'll have it done by the end of the month."*seriously considers punching myself in the face, because the dealer can do it through the phone*"Okay, I'll give you until the end of the month, that's next week. But I really need that to be done so I can get my work done before the ground freezes and it snows again."

I am curious, what valve did you get? Did the dealer have input into what type of valve you needed?

If a dealer says they can install rear hydraulics on a 1 series without telling the owner what type of valve to get, they are blowing smoke, which may have been what happened here.

I hope this works out OK for you, but right now, it looks like the dealer is dancing!!!!
    Levi and PJR832 like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:21 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MeagerHair View Post
    Wait until you get the bill for storing your machine until they could work on it.

Probably won’t happen but had it happen to a Neighbor once with a hi vis tractor color.
    I wouldn’t object paying for inside storage. But just sitting outside without any cover. Yeah that would make things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post

Yeah I appreciate it. I tried getting and understanding the explanation of how to setup the valve. What seems like it should be simple to me is considerably more complicated and I also did not want to foot the bill for fittings at $50/per and hoses, and everything else. I also do not have the equipment to fab the mount. Well honestly the toolbox bracket would have worked just fine. Gotta remove the toolbox anyway for this.

I am a paramedic not a hydro tech so I need the dumbed down version of how-to grade level explanation until I’ve done it. Specific fitting sizes etc. I am just not familiar enough with parts to do it in my own and the dealer agreed to cover it.

DRobinson, Levi, Ray_PA and 2 others like this.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast