John Deere 3033r Plowing Snow QUESTION!!
Like Tree26Likes
  • 2 Post By JDCNS
  • 5 Post By dev
  • 4 Post By arlen
  • 4 Post By Sergeant
  • 2 Post By JimR
  • 1 Post By JD4044M
  • 4 Post By JDCNS
  • 3 Post By Ross_Olsen
  • 1 Post By Gizmo2

Thread: John Deere 3033r Plowing Snow QUESTION!!

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 08:41 PM
    Thanks

John Deere 3033r Plowing Snow QUESTION!!

So I have a 2018 3033r with a Cab. Both front and rear tires are filled, and I have a HLA 2000 angle plow on the loader.

I also have a 54' snowplow for the 3pt hitch.

My driveway however is over 1/2 mile of gravel (Well maintained and decently packed) with a large gravel parking area at the end.

I have found myself to never use the snowblower when I had my 1025r setup with a plow on the loader, and I really feel like I wont have to use it with the 3033r.

I do want to sell it to free up some funds for other implements, my question is, will I regret selling it, should I get a godzilla like snowfall? Or will I have no Issues plowing with the 3033r Cabbed, Filled tires, (I will also add a JD ballast box)) no matter how much snow is down.

Let me know your opinions!!

Thanks!!
    Gizmo2 and PJR832 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    dev

Last Online
    04-03-2019 @ 03:38 PM
    Thanks
    I think you really answered your own question - not like it's a new home to you and if your previous set-up did it fine then why are you having second thoughts? Personally I like to have the blower to get the snow far away and also eliminating building up banks but just personal.

Nice tractor and congrats! - Happy New Year!

I live in Ontario - crazy weather we have been having +16 today but suppose to drop but then back up. Just received my new 3046r w/cab which now sitting in my garage yawning with boredom saying bring on the snow - not even enough worth well hooking up my broom LOL!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181129_115127[1].jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	302.4 KB 
ID:	664186Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181129_115100[1].jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	664188
    Gizmo2, fdmars, arlen and 2 others like this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:34 AM
    Thanks
    I’m a big fan of blowers, and I hate selling things!
    Last edited by arlen; 12-28-2018 at 09:27 PM.
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Thanks
    Well I have a Blower for My 2025R & it can also be used On My X748 Just changing the Shaft out Prior to That Blower I just used a Blade or a Loader for 11 Years and Prior to That I had a Blower which I used a Handful of times on a JD 425. Living In the Watertown/Fort Drum NY area I mostly used a Loader for snow removal with the JD 425. Prior to That I used a single stage Thrower On a JD 240 But Honestly even though we would get feet of snow In a snow Fall Up in NY I always Found Myself using a Blade over the Blower . If You Keep Up On the snow even with a Blizzard The 3033R with Handle It.

For those 11 years I used the Loader or Blade. I did Have another tractor with a Thrower and in that time I only found I truly need the Thrower Once Just to get snow away from the Garage Door. In 2014 I bought a Blower again and since the winters have Been Getting more & More Mild In the Last 16 years Here In Northeastern IL The Blower spends More Time Not Being used Because what snow we do Get I Can Handle with a Blade. The Only thing the Blower Has Let Me do is wait to Remove snow. Our 1st and so Far Last snow fall so Far of this winter I used the Blower as It was Heavy wet snow and I waited Until it stopped snowing before I started it's removal. Still used a Blade On My 2025R to clean Up the driveway. So to a Point the Blower has seemed Like a waste since I Bought it in 2014

But if we ever do have a Winter Like 1967 or 1979 I will Kick Myself If I got ride of the Blower. I Guess I come from the school of Being Prepared( Better to Have it & Not Use. Then Not Have it and Need it ). Because I have a feeling Next Year Winter 2019 to 2020 I bet I ended Up with a Lot of White stuff.

You'll Probably be fine without it

Just Make sure Your 1st Plowing You Push your snow as Far Back as You Can so You'll Have enough room through the winter for snow storage.

I don't Bother with that. Because I can use the Blower to get the Piles out further Later On if I need to
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 10:31 AM
    Thanks
    I haven't run into a storm yet where a loader mounted plow couldn't dig me out. But it's all about whether you have the space to push snow. If you've got a tight driveway and can't push the snow off to the side, the blower becomes a necessity. I have a SB1164 rear blower that I've only used a handful of times but it's nice to know I have it just in case.
    arlen and PJR832 like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:31 AM
    Thanks
    Only time I have used a blower is my walk behind one when I moved here 23 years ago. Since then I used a rear blade for 20 years and now I have a loader on my new 4044M and it has been nice but I still use my rear blade 99% of the time. Last winter I could not open up a friends driveway it was way deep and it would have taken forever to do backing out load after load. No way to turn and dump the snow that was 2ft plus deep. A guy with a old beater tractor backed down with his blower and opened it up then I cleaned the rest out with my loader and rear blade. I still want a blower I remember the winter of 96 it was nasty!! I also need one for other people who don't seem to plow or build there roads to be able to do them with a rear blade no place to put the snow when they call me to help! I will be buying a 6 ft one for $750.00 soon probley after winter is over from a friend nearby moving. Then nothing will stop me plowing snow!
    Last edited by JD4044M; 12-28-2018 at 11:39 PM.
    PJR832 likes this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 08:41 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the replies.

I think I agree with Sergeant and the rest of you.

I think Its best if I keep it, just in case snowmageddon comes my way ;)

Happy new year everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post

But if we ever do have a Winter Like 1967 or 1979 I will Kick Myself If I got ride of the Blower. I Guess I come from the school of Being Prepared( Better to Have it & Not Use. Then Not Have it and Need it ). Because I have a feeling Next Year Winter 2019 to 2020 I bet I ended Up with a Lot of White stuff.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    09-12-2019 @ 03:22 PM
    Thanks
    The hardest thing to remember and practice about blowing snow is to only clear what you need to.
    If you clean only what you need the driveway will dry faster in the spring because the frost will only be on the cleared part. And the snowbanks will melt down instead of across your traveled path.
    With low Banks, drifting is less of a problem also.

Plowing is only faster if you don't plow to make room for more snow.
    IMHO blowing is better.
    Again it's hard to remember to only clear what you need to.
    When I was real little my grandpa used to plow his driveway with a Farmall M
    And a snow plow. It was about 24 X 75
    We had great big Banks to play in and slide down. When I was about 10 he bought an Ariens 8 24 walk behind.
    He figured it took all little longer but only used 1/4 the fuel and there were no banks to make drifts, didn't tear up the yard and made less work overall.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Gizmo2, wildbranch2007 and PJR832 like this.

11. Top | #9
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:08 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,948 Times in 2,911 Posts
    All good points from others.
    I've never used a blower, don't want a blower. IMO, waiting for the BIG ONE is not a reason to keep the blower.
    Last edited by Gizmo2; 12-29-2018 at 06:54 AM.
    PJR832 likes this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:25 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,508 Times in 1,234 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    I haven't run into a storm yet where a loader mounted plow couldn't dig me out. But it's all about whether you have the space to push snow. If you've got a tight driveway and can't push the snow off to the side, the blower becomes a necessity. I have a SB1164 rear blower that I've only used a handful of times but it's nice to know I have it just in case.
    Same here, but like you said, one must have the room to move the snow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    All good point from others.
    I've never used a blower, don't want a blower. IMO, waiting for the BIG ONE is not a reason to keep the blower.
    I agree, no way I'll spend money on an implement that I MIGHT need once every 5 years or so when the plow will get me through it with a little extra effort.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements