• 4 Post By JimR
  • 1 Post By JimR

Thread: R1 Tires for 2014 2032R

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    05-07-2019 @ 07:58 PM
    Thanks

R1 Tires for 2014 2032R

I have been in the forums, Iíve been in contact with 2 John Deere Dealers, I still cannot come up with a size rim and tire for R1 tires on my 2014 2032R.

This tractor is not a lawn mower, I have soft ground in many places, I have steep hills, loggers are leaving me with a road to navigate our 24 acres. I need to be able to access the tops / limbs for fire wood. Iím also trying to work on trails for ATVís and snowmobiles.

Today I purchased a set of R1 tires off of a 4110 that the dealership said should work but I have my doubts. The front tires are 7-12ís and I believe are fine, the rears are 9.5-16ís. My rear R4 tires sit about 35Ē tall and these R1ís are about 33Ē tall so I donít think they will work. I would assume if the fronts are the same size and the rears are different the overrun is going to be off.

Thereís no way Iím the only one going through this incredibly painful and expensive process to try and make my $20,000+ tractor go through more than 6Ē of mud / soft ground. The dealer suggested I look into buying another tractor which is absolutely absurd. The new models have an R1 option but the hubs arenít the same, older models have an R1 option but they donít sell the rims for them anymore.

Any help would be appreciated, the guy on YouTube that has them had them custom made which probably isnít an option for me.

Iíve attached pictures of what I have because everyone likes pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan B View Post
    Today I purchased a set of R1 tires off of a 4110 that the dealership said should work but I have my doubts. The front tires are 7-12ís and I believe are fine, the rears are 9.5-16ís. My rear R4 tires sit about 35Ē tall and these R1ís are about 33Ē tall so I donít think they will work. I would assume if the fronts are the same size and the rears are different the overrun is going to be off.
    The OEM R4 tires on the 2032R were 23x8.5x12 on the front and 14-17.5 on the back. Those have a rear-to-front rolling circumference ratio of 1.5:1 so that is what the MFWD system on your 2032R is designed to work with.

The OEM R1 tire sizes on a 4110 are 5.00x12 on the front and 9.5x16 on the back. If those were what you had, then the rear-to-front rolling circumference ratio for them should be 1.48:1. That's well within any MFWD system tolerances and should work fine.

So someone swapped the OEM 5.00x12 front tires out with 7-12's. That's where your potential problems lie.

I'd measure the circumference of those front tires. If they're between 68" and 70" your fine.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JimR For This Useful Post:

Herminator†(01-27-2019)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    The OEM R4 tires on the 2032R were 23x8.5x12 on the front and 14-17.5 on the back. Those have a rear-to-front rolling circumference ratio of 1.5:1 so that is what the MFWD system on your 2032R is designed to work with.

The OEM R1 tire sizes on a 4110 are 5.00x12 on the front and 9.5x16 on the back. If those were what you had, then the rear-to-front rolling circumference ratio for them should be 1.48:1. That's well within any MFWD system tolerances and should work fine.

So someone swapped the OEM 5.00x12 front tires out with 7-12's. That's where your potential problems lie.

I'd measure the circumference of those front tires. If they're between 68" and 70" your fine.
    Thank you very much. Where do you get the ratios and tire circumference data from? Is there a chart or website somewhere?

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan B View Post
    Thank you very much. Where do you get the ratios and tire circumference data from? Is there a chart or website somewhere?
    For the OEM R4 tires I looked on the Carlisle web site. For the R1s I ended up using the numbers from the Firestone web site. Most tire manufacturers will have tire circumference listed for any tractor/skid steer tires in their documentation. Once you have the circumference you can calculate the ratios with some simple math (Rear tire circumference divided by front tire circumference).

Keep in mind though, those numbers are for new tires. Once you put them on a machine and they start to wear the circumference will change. I assume Deere is aware that tires wear over time and that they account for that in their equipment design.
    PJR832 likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:46 PM
    Thanks
    Tractor Data should have the type and size tires combinations listed. Never been an R1 fan found that they had less floatation and a tendency to dig with side motion....I think they've now come out with another type that is a compromise to R4 and R1. I can tell you from experience if you spin and dig much with R1 you'll be bottomed out.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by machineryman View Post
    Tractor Data should have the type and size tires combinations listed. Never been an R1 fan found that they had less floatation and a tendency to dig with side motion....I think they've now come out with another type that is a compromise to R4 and R1. I can tell you from experience if you spin and dig much with R1 you'll be bottomed out.
    Iím not sure which is worse, getting stuck in nothing or bottoming out at times. There is no factory R1 option from the dealer. I was told that the 4115 tire sizes would be a direct bolt on but I might need spacers.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements