Snowblower vs Stump
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Snowblower vs Stump

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Snowblower vs Stump

    Round 1 goes to stump...

    Tonight I ventured in places unknown and was rewarded with a small tree stump. Of course it snapped the shear pin, but it also bent the auger slightly. Using a short 2x4 and a hammer Iíve bent the auger back fairly well...still a little out. So now when lifting the blower all the way up @2000 rpm the blower wobbles back and forth pretty good, enough to rock the tractor with it.
    1) Would a slight bend in the auger create the new wobble? How perfect does it need to be?
    2) Could I have damaged the quick hitch and it is allowing the blower to wobble? What are the common points of failure to check on the quick hitch?

    We have another six inches coming tomorrow right and Iíll need to use this thing, but I donít want to cause further damage with the wobble.
    Thanks in advance,
    Adam


    2018 - 1025R
    120R, 60D, 54SB, iMatch, Ballast Box
    Gizmo2 and Toughsox like this.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Online
    08-20-2019 @ 12:37 PM
    Location
    I'm standing right here!
    Posts
    250
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
    IF you could post some pictures and possibly a video of it running that would be fantastic
    Toughsox likes this.
    Some Green and Orange toys

  4. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by powerline View Post
    IF you could post some pictures and possibly a video of it running that would be fantastic
    Yep, I should have known better



    How do I post a video?



    2018 - 1025R
    120R, 60D, 54SB, iMatch, Ballast Box
    rtgt, jdforever, PJR832 and 1 others like this.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    John Deere 1025R TLB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:53 PM
    Location
    Scranton, PA Area
    Posts
    2,449
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 169 Times in 157 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMulcher View Post
    Yep, I should have known better



    How do I post a video?



    2018 - 1025R
    120R, 60D, 54SB, iMatch, Ballast Box
    You may have tweeted the shaft. The auger itself only rides on the shaft and not turning fast enough to cause the wobble from a balance issue.

    Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    rtgt, mike01, PJR832 and 1 others like this.
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

  7. Top | #5
    John Deere 1025R TLB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:53 PM
    Location
    Scranton, PA Area
    Posts
    2,449
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 169 Times in 157 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMulcher View Post
    Yep, I should have known better



    How do I post a video?



    2018 - 1025R
    120R, 60D, 54SB, iMatch, Ballast Box
    You have to post the video to you tube or some other site, then post the link.

    Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    rtgt likes this.
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

  8. Top | #6

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:30 PM
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    My 425 wobbled somewhat and my brand new 1025r with 10 hours on it wobbles too. Are you 100% sure it didntnwobble before swallowing the stump? Ive seen other people mention on here that its normal to a certain extent, not all the time. I thi k Id cjexk it over but not be too concerned unless its shaking you out of the seat.
    arlen, rtgt and PJR832 like this.

  9. Top | #7
    dombougie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 11:01 AM
    Location
    Rockyview, Alberta
    Posts
    293
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 45 Times in 34 Posts
    Mine looks to be fairly straight as far as I know. I’ve broken a few sheer pins on 6x6 blocks I use for my trailers jacks to sit on. Mine from new wobbled and made some noise when new. Could be that now you’ve bumped it your getting the “worry” noise
    rtgt, PJR832 and Toughsox like this.
    John Deere 1025R, Frontier RB2060 Rear blade, JD 647 Tiller, JD Quick hitch 60HD" Broom, 54" Blade with clip on extensions, 54" Blower, BX42 Wood chipper, Homemade pallet forks, 60" Snow pusher, Land plane. Lots of other cool things.

  10. Top | #8
    Superglidesport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Location
    Littleton, MA
    Posts
    7,708
    Thanks
    694
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 994 Posts
    It's not uncommon for the blower assembly to wobble when raised. The implement drive / driveshaft is at an extreme angle and the u-joint is in a near bind. This condition causes the output shaft speed to rise and fall and the blower will wobble. I don't believe it's related to the condition of your auger.
    Gizmo2, ctrider, goat704! and 2 others like this.
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

    John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

  11. Top | #9
    jgayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Location
    Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,762
    Thanks
    366
    Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superglidesport View Post
    It's not uncommon for the blower assembly to wobble when raised. The implement drive / driveshaft is at an extreme angle and the u-joint is in a near bind. This condition causes the output shaft speed to rise and fall and the blower will wobble. I don't believe it's related to the condition of your auger.
    Yeap - my 54" front blower wobbles back and forth when it is raised up. Plus it has a little vibration when running at full PTO speed. Just the nature of this well engineered beast. :-(
    Toughsox likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

  12. Top | #10

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 10:21 PM
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    255
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMulcher View Post
    Round 1 goes to stump...

    Tonight I ventured in places unknown and was rewarded with a small tree stump. Of course it snapped the shear pin, but it also bent the auger slightly. Using a short 2x4 and a hammer Iíve bent the auger back fairly well...still a little out. So now when lifting the blower all the way up @2000 rpm the blower wobbles back and forth pretty good, enough to rock the tractor with it.
    1) Would a slight bend in the auger create the new wobble? How perfect does it need to be?
    2) Could I have damaged the quick hitch and it is allowing the blower to wobble? What are the common points of failure to check on the quick hitch?

    We have another six inches coming tomorrow right and Iíll need to use this thing, but I donít want to cause further damage with the wobble.
    Thanks in advance,
    Adam


    2018 - 1025R
    120R, 60D, 54SB, iMatch, Ballast Box

    Crap happens, hope the repairs can be made and your back to business ASAP.
    BigJim55 and Toughsox like this.
    2018 John Deere 1025r, Mauser cab, rear wiper, rear light, FEL, Piranah tooth bar, Heavy Hitch weight bar, 8 suitcase weights, 55 amp alternator, Kens hooks and seat springs, 54Ē MMM, 66Ē Loader mounted CTA plow, Artillian 3d function diverter kit. New Green equipment =less green in investments

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 1025R FILB vs 2720/2032R TLB vs 3x20 TLB (Tractor Loader Backhoe) vs 110 TLB or 4x20
    By quatro2b in forum Large Frame Compact Utility Tractors (LCUT)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-17-2017, 11:11 PM
  2. X750 vs 455 vs 445 vs 318 vs ?
    By Brian in forum Lawn & Garden Tractors
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 11:18 PM
  3. Pulling a stump with a 2305
    By dellwas in forum Sub Compact Utility Tractors (SCUT)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 06:46 AM
  4. Manly stump grinder/shredder
    By mjncad in forum Implements & Attachments
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2011, 12:44 PM
  5. Stump Removal With 2520
    By Runner in forum Medium Frame Compact Utility Tractors (MCUT)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-21-2011, 12:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts