Should front 3pt. hitch come off until next winter?
Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By keane
  • 3 Post By Johnd32
  • 2 Post By Roger47
  • 3 Post By jgayman

Thread: Should front 3pt. hitch come off until next winter?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Thanks

Should front 3pt. hitch come off until next winter?

I just got delivery of my new 2032R (had it for 5 days) and have lots of questions but I'll limit this thread to one. I received the unit with the FEL attached plus the front 3pt hitch kit attached. It also came with a new 59" snowblower that is now sitting in my garage and was never used this winter as again I just got this unit (apparently 59" snowblowers were hard to come by as it took 6 weeks to get it here). Should I remove the front 3pt hitch as I won't be using it until I put the snowblower on next winter? What do other owners do? My hesitation about taking this off is getting it back on correctly next winter. I appreciate any guidance here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Thanks
    Take it off. It's not hard to put back on. You'll have to disconnect the hydraulic hoses anyway if you use the same ports for the FEL.

You don't want the driveshaft for the snowblower hanging low all summer for FEL work.

Please see this thread for an easy way to do it:

Easy Installation of Snow Blower Drive Shaft
    1025R SCUT
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54D MMM
    54 Snow Blower
    54 Front Blade
    JD I-match
    10P Dump Cart
    Heavy Hitch: Receiver hitch w/rack, 2" receiver 8-Weight Rack, 2" front & rear receivers, synthetic blade
    Ken's BOGH: Grab Hooks/ Clevis Mounts, Oblong Ring Slings, Differential Pedal, backhoe step, etc.
    Everything Attachments: Pine Needle Rake, Aerator
    Bxpanded: Ripper Claw, Trenching Bucket, Quick Change for 260 BH
    Artillian: 3K fork frame & 36" tines
    Miller Tire: R4 tire chains

4. The Following User Says Thank You to keane For This Useful Post:

Johnd32 (03-20-2019)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    I have already removed the driveshaft. Came off easy. It's the bracket and hydraulics diverter that I am questioning if I should take it off or not. I grade my mechanical aptitude a "C" but I'm not afraid to try. Just don't want to screw it up when I re-install next November. And the JD manual on the front pto kit is not at all user friendly. Hard to make out the photos.
    OxPath, jdforever and Roger47 like this.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    06-17-2019 @ 01:42 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnd32 View Post
    I have already removed the driveshaft. Came off easy. It's the bracket and hydraulics diverter that I am questioning if I should take it off or not. I grade my mechanical aptitude a "C" but I'm not afraid to try. Just don't want to screw it up when I re-install next November. And the JD manual on the front pto kit is not at all user friendly. Hard to make out the photos..
    Take your own photos.

At least you got a front PTO manual. I did not. Nor one for the front hitch.

Good luck with it.
    OxPath and jdforever like this.
    2032R classic, H130 Loader, 46 Backhoe, 54" Snowblower,
    214 (1978), 46 mower with powerflow bagger, 31 tiller, 37A snow thrower
    some other stuff

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Roger47 For This Useful Post:

Johnd32 (03-20-2019)

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger47 View Post
    Take your own photos.

At least you got a front PTO manual. I did not. Nor one for the front hitch.

Good luck with it.
    Take lots of photos!!! You will not believe how valuable they will be when you go to reassemble things. I took a lot of photos of my tractor and snowblower when it first rolled off the delivery truck and it is amazing how many times I have referred back to them over the years when there was a question about what things looked like from the dealer.
    OxPath, jdforever and Roger47 like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jgayman For This Useful Post:

Johnd32 (03-20-2019)

11. Top | #6

Last Online
    05-05-2019 @ 07:38 PM
    Thanks
    You paid a ton of money for this machine. Doesn't the dealer have service people to answer your questions and actually mount and dismount your attachments for future reference ? When I bought a mid mounted mower I actually helped the service person take it off the tractor on the floor. He instructed on how to remove it in sequence for an easy task and explained the mounting process. On my machine ( non auto connect or drive over ) it is a complicated process. After many complaints I assume the procedure was made less complicated as many older owners are buying these tractors. Check with your dealer. They want continued service , parts, and attachment sales .

12. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by agent blue View Post
    You paid a ton of money for this machine. Doesn't the dealer have service people to answer your questions and actually mount and dismount your attachments for future reference ? When I bought a mid mounted mower I actually helped the service person take it off the tractor on the floor. He instructed on how to remove it in sequence for an easy task and explained the mounting process. On my machine ( non auto connect or drive over ) it is a complicated process. After many complaints I assume the procedure was made less complicated as many older owners are buying these tractors. Check with your dealer. They want continued service , parts, and attachment sales .
    Great question and I will do my best to give you a short answer so I don't go on a rant about this purchase. But I easily could...
    After several emails and phone calls, dealer agreed that if I have questions about my tractor, he will send someone out to go over the fine points of operating my tractor. I've got the operating part figured out, it's the attaching and taking off of key parts underneath that I don't have much experience with. The day it was delivered, the guy from the dealer had to scoot out of here due to weather conditions. Zero follow up from dealer until my many phone calls and emails.
    At the end of the day, I'm sure I will figure this out. Just haven't had time to get at it yet.

But you do raise a good question.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements