2025r
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 2025r

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Online
    06-08-2019 @ 08:51 AM
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    2025r

    Just acquired this tractor. Came with a dozer bucket and a blade on the 3 pt. Am operating a hops farm. Wanted to grade my road to the farm. Have a 3 mile drive way. Does this tractor have a "float" for the 3pt hitch? All I seem to be able to do is dig. Can't seem to keep the blade at a constant height. Any help would be AWESOME! The salesman told me there was a float, if there is I can't seem to figure it out.

    Thanks!!!!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Last Online
    06-10-2019 @ 10:28 PM
    Location
    East TN
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I know there is a float function for the loader but I am not sure there is for the 3pt hitch . Position control is the only setting I think, but I am not 100% sure.
    wildbranch2007 likes this.

  4. Top | #3
    jgayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:51 AM
    Location
    Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,497
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 1,173 Posts
    Since the 3PH doesn't have any down pressure other than gravity it is basically always in float. There is nothing to stop it from raising up and the only thing limiting how far down it goes is the position of your rock shaft lever.

    Having said that, I have experienced a similar situation as you describe when using my back blade to grade. It is a bit tricky setting how far down the rack shaft goes as depending on how you have the top-link set the blade will typically want to dig in.

    You can reduce the angle of attack on the cutting edge by shortening the top-link.
    wildbranch2007 and Roger47 like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:58 PM
    Location
    East Central Indiana
    Posts
    1,450
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 240 Times in 172 Posts
    The 3 point is always in float. It does not have down pressure. You have to set the height with the handle.
    What kind of rear blade do you have? I like a box blade over a regular rear blade.
    PJR832 and Roger47 like this.
    Kioti CK3510SE HST, Kioti KL4030 Loader, John Deere 655 Tiller, Frontier LR2072 Landscape Rake, Virnig V50 Pallet Forks, Woods GB60 Box Blade
    John Deere X739 AWS 4X4, 60HC Auto Connect Deck, Front grader blade.
    John Deere 825i Gator

    John Deere Tractors I have owned in the past.
    425 AWS, 455, 4400, 2210, 4710, 2320, 2720, X475, 1026R, 4120, 2025R

  7. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Online
    06-17-2019 @ 01:42 PM
    Location
    Montana - East slopes of the Rockies
    Posts
    322
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 34 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hops guy View Post
    Just acquired this tractor. Came with a dozer bucket and a blade on the 3 pt. Am operating a hops farm. Wanted to grade my road to the farm. Have a 3 mile drive way. Does this tractor have a "float" for the 3pt hitch? All I seem to be able to do is dig. Can't seem to keep the blade at a constant height. Any help would be AWESOME! The salesman told me there was a float, if there is I can't seem to figure it out.
    It sounds as if you have a rear blade. As jgayman pointed out, shortening the top link makes the blade less aggressive. Also, as others have said, the 3-pt is inherently floating.

    I have a A&B Eagle grader ditcher blade. http://ab-eagleline.com/download/i/m...er%20Blade.jpg I can rotate the blade 360°. I rotate it 165, 180, or 195 from straight and basically drag it backwards. That works on my gravel driveway. That being said, a box blade would probably be much better and is on my wish list. Rear blades tend to naturally cut the low spots and dump on the high spots. Not what one wants. I have considered adding rear wheels to mine to make it behave more like a grader and cut the high spots and dump in the low spots.

    I got the blade used from the dealer when I got the tractor. Probably someone traded it for a box blade.

    Just out of curiosity, where in Northern Idaho are you. Many years ago, I used to regularly travel US 95 into Canada. There were hop poles in a field East of 95 between Bonner's Ferry and the border. I don't recall ever seeing hops growing there though.
    Last edited by Roger47; 05-17-2019 at 01:23 PM.
    2032R classic, H130 Loader, 46 Backhoe, 54" Snowblower,
    214 (1978), 46 mower with powerflow bagger, 31 tiller, 37A snow thrower
    some other stuff

  8. Top | #6
    Kbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Location
    -Western WA
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 56 Times in 51 Posts
    It’s a technique your going to have to figure out with time. Unfortunately, blades aren’t just drop and drive on. I used to run road graders and they are one of the more challenging contraptions to master. Just take your time with it. Go slow and use your tires to tell you where the dips and humps are. Once you feel the rise of a hump, drop your blade delaying it to how fast you think the blade will get there. When you feel the dip, lift up slowly timing it. Depends on your speed and it takes a minute to get it down. Maybe turn it 180 degrees and drag it with the “flatter” side if you don’t want to dig in so much. What’s a dozer bucket?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Herminator and PJR832 like this.

  9. Top | #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Location
    Drain Oregon
    Posts
    510
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkyj2007 View Post
    I know there is a float function for the loader but I am not sure there is for the 3pt hitch . Position control is the only setting I think, but I am not 100% sure.
    What about the draft control? That should keep it at the set level

  10. Top | #8
    jgayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:51 AM
    Location
    Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,497
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 1,173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd4445 View Post
    What about the draft control? That should keep it at the set level
    These small tractors don't have draft control.
    wildbranch2007 likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

  11. Top | #9
    userjh160's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:48 AM
    Location
    North Louisiana
    Posts
    319
    Thanks
    157
    Thanked 50 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    It’s a technique your going to have to figure out with time. Unfortunately, blades aren’t just drop and drive on. I used to run road graders and they are one of the more challenging contraptions to master. Just take your time with it. Go slow and use your tires to tell you where the dips and humps are. Once you feel the rise of a hump, drop your blade delaying it to how fast you think the blade will get there. When you feel the dip, lift up slowly timing it. Depends on your speed and it takes a minute to get it down. Maybe turn it 180 degrees and drag it with the “flatter” side if you don’t want to dig in so much. What’s a dozer bucket?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is what I finally learned to do on our driveway. If the blade is heavy enough, running it turned backwards produces much better results, and I can drop it all the way down and let it work. Smooths and fills in the low spots much better, in gravel or dirt.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2017 3038E; RC2048, 4' Box Blade, Forks, 5' Rear Blade, 2017 Z920M

  12. Top | #10
    raco232's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:59 AM
    Location
    Memphis, Mississippi
    Posts
    562
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Sounds like a land plane would be more friendlier to him, than a box blade.
    SRG likes this.

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What a conundrum... 2320/2025R - new 2025R - 2720
    By JohnM45 in forum Medium Frame Compact Utility Tractors (MCUT)
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 03-12-2018, 07:23 PM
  2. 2520 vs. 2025R
    By thegriz in forum Medium Frame Compact Utility Tractors (MCUT)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-10-2014, 09:41 PM
  3. 2520 or 2025r
    By Medic75 in forum Medium Frame Compact Utility Tractors (MCUT)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-08-2013, 12:06 AM
  4. 2025R now on JohnDeere.com
    By cheesetrain in forum Medium Frame Compact Utility Tractors (MCUT)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-21-2013, 03:34 PM
  5. 2025R AND 2032R Still Yanmar built units
    By JD790 in forum Medium Frame Compact Utility Tractors (MCUT)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-02-2013, 07:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •