Dealership in Colorado (Denver)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Dealership in Colorado (Denver)

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:26 AM
    Location
    Idaho Springs, CO
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts

    Dealership in Colorado (Denver)

    My dealer just told me they are closing their doors on May 31. He tells me I should call Potestio Brothers in Parker, or 4rivers in Longmont.

    Both of those places are about 140 miles round trip for me. :-(

    One of the big selling factors when I chose my dealership was pickup/dropoff services for warranty work. I do not own a trailer that I can transport my tractor on.

    Would anyone happen to have any positive or negative experiences with these colorado dealers that would help me decide which one to contact?

    Thanks for any pointers.....
    Gizmo2, rtgt and jdforever like this.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    SulleyBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Location
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Posts
    7,003
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamk View Post
    My dealer just told me they are closing their doors on May 31. He tells me I should call Potestio Brothers in Parker, or 4rivers in Longmont.

    Both of those places are about 140 miles round trip for me. :-(

    One of the big selling factors when I chose my dealership was pickup/dropoff services for warranty work. I do not own a trailer that I can transport my tractor on.

    Would anyone happen to have any positive or negative experiences with these colorado dealers that would help me decide which one to contact?

    Thanks for any pointers.....
    Sorry to hear this as its tough to be a distance from the dealer(s). Just curious, how far are you from your current dealer?

    From your description, I would assume you must be west of those locations as those two towns are primarily north and south of Denver and that would be the easiest way to be an equal distance to both. And it looks like on the map when you get east of Denver there are a series of 21st Century dealers in the area east of Denver, but clearly not nearly the coverage of dealers when you get west.......

    Based upon what I see, is the dealer which is going out of business Berthod brothers in Glenwood Springs? Looks like everything other than Berthoud Brothers is part of a Big Dealer Group, like U.S. Tractor and Harvest except one dealer way down in the southwestern corner of the state.

    It is interesting looking at the dealer locator and in the greater Denver area, one is Potestio, the next 4 Rivers, the next Potestio, the next 4 rivers, when going north to south and it looks like they each have several locations in the general area. Definitely looks like those two are competing against one another as they seem to have alternating locations, if the general locater map is accurate.

    1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

    John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

    ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products





  4. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:26 AM
    Location
    Idaho Springs, CO
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Just curious, how far are you from your current dealer?

    From your description, I would assume you must be west of those locations as those two towns are primarily north and south of Denver and that would be the easiest way to be an equal distance to both. And it looks like on the map when you get east of Denver there are a series of 21st Century dealers in the area east of Denver, but clearly not nearly the coverage of dealers when you get west.......

    Based upon what I see, is the dealer which is going out of business Berthod brothers in Glenwood Springs? Looks like everything other than Berthoud Brothers is part of a Big Dealer Group, like U.S. Tractor and Harvest except one dealer way down in the southwestern corner of the state.

    It is interesting looking at the dealer locator and in the greater Denver area, one is Potestio, the next 4 Rivers, the next Potestio, the next 4 rivers, when going north to south and it looks like they each have several locations in the general area. Definitely looks like those two are competing against one another as they seem to have alternating locations, if the general locater map is accurate.
    My current dealer is about 45 miles from me. I live due west of Denver. It does look like I only have the choice of 2 competing chains - neither one of them gets very favorable reviews on yelp. 4rivers in Strasburg seems to be the most highly rated location. It is 80 miles from me. Ugh.

    Curious - is getting your tractor picked up and dropped off when it requires warranty work a standard operating procedure for Deere dealerships?
    rtgt, BigJim55 and jdforever like this.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    mjncad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:13 AM
    Location
    Front Range of Colorado
    Posts
    6,945
    Thanks
    1,785
    Thanked 547 Times in 432 Posts
    Graham:

    4Rivers has been buying up the dealers along the Front Range, and I'm surprised Potestio hasn't been acquired by them...yet.

    I bought my X754 from 4Rivers in Greeley without much hassle.

    However; other than warranty work on my 4200 back in 2001 I haven't had to use dealer service. I buy my parts from the Longmont (formerly Long's Peak Equipment) location as they are the closest to me.

    I don't put much stock in Yelp reviews.

    I wish I could be of more help.
    Gizmo2, rtgt, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.
    I have more ideas than ambition.


  7. Top | #5
    BigJim55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Location
    Schellsburg, PA
    Posts
    11,138
    Thanks
    3,002
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,084 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamk View Post
    My current dealer is about 45 miles from me. I live due west of Denver. It does look like I only have the choice of 2 competing chains - neither one of them gets very favorable reviews on yelp. 4rivers in Strasburg seems to be the most highly rated location. It is 80 miles from me. Ugh.

    Curious - is getting your tractor picked up and dropped off when it requires warranty work a standard operating procedure for Deere dealerships?
    -my old dealer would not pick up or deliver ur machine for warranty work, even where i bought my 835R gator at.

    clear back in 2006 even the smaller dealer would not pick up and deliver for free--and then that dealer got bought out by a bigger outfit, and they wouldn't do it either.


    it's a good hr to where my old dealer is at.
    mjncad, Gizmo2, rtgt and 1 others like this.
    jim

    2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

    2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

  8. Top | #6
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:44 PM
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    34,180
    Thanks
    5,769
    Thanked 3,949 Times in 2,912 Posts
    [QUOTE=BigJim55;3264052]
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamk View Post
    My current dealer is about 45 miles from me. I live due west of Denver. It does look like I only have the choice of 2 competing chains - neither one of them gets very favorable reviews on yelp. 4rivers in Strasburg seems to be the most highly rated location. It is 80 miles from me. Ugh.

    Curious - is getting your tractor picked up and dropped off when it requires warranty work a standard operating procedure for Deere dealerships?[/QUOTE]
    -my old dealer would not pick up or deliver ur machine for warranty work, even where i bought my 835R gator at.

    clear back in 2006 even the smaller dealer would not pick up and deliver for free--and then that dealer got bought out by a bigger outfit, and they wouldn't do it either.
    it's a good hr to where my old dealer is at.
    My dealer charges everyone for pickup except me.
    mjncad, rtgt and jdforever like this.
    Keith

    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

  9. Top | #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:34 AM
    Location
    Northeast SD
    Posts
    417
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 36 Times in 26 Posts
    [QUOTE=BigJim55;3264052]
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamk View Post

    clear back in 2006 even the smaller dealer would not pick up and deliver for free--and then that dealer got bought out by a bigger outfit, and they wouldn't do it either.
    We sell boats and pontoons.
    We will provide warranty services at customers lake homes at no charge. To be clear, we do NOT get any compensation from the manufacturers for this service, we absorb it. We are not obligated to provide these services, it is by choice, to make it very difficult for competitors to do business in our back yard.
    Last edited by Dr Maphesto; 05-21-2019 at 06:13 AM.
    mjncad, Gizmo2, rtgt and 3 others like this.

  10. Top | #8
    coaltrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:31 PM
    Location
    NW Penna
    Posts
    19,811
    Thanks
    1,058
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    Iím in a similar situation. My ďlocalĒ dealer closed down over 10 years ago due to Deereís process of only wanting mega dealers. Since then my closest dealer is a 3 hour round trip. I know where it is but have never been there.

    Iíve had Deere equipment all my life. First lawn & garden tractor was around 1974 I think.

    My last purchase was my 2520 back in 2007. Iím sure I would have purchased more green equipment since then as I got to be friends with the manager and would stop in there almost every trip to town.

    Itís a shame really but I guess there just isnít enough business around here in the boonies. At one time when you drove down the road all you would see are green tractors.

    Warranty service would be a big concern for me also.
    mjncad, Gizmo2, rtgt and 1 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

  11. Top | #9
    rtgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    6,346
    Thanks
    1,774
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 798 Posts
    Most dealers charge for pickup and delivery, even for warranty work.

    If I remember correctly, even JD's warranty statement says that transportation is not covered under the warranty.

    Some dealers will send a truck out and do warranty service on-site, but like Dr. M posted, this is likely a dealer service.

    Some dealers will do annual service on site. Don't know what the charge is compared to bringing it into the shop, but it might be worth checking on.
    mjncad, Gizmo2 and jdforever like this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

    3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

  12. Top | #10
    JROC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:40 PM
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts
    Probably smoking that legal, potent dank got them not caring how business is do. Lol
    Gizmo2 and jdforever like this.

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. GTT/TTWT Friends between Vegas and Denver?
    By Tractor Tim in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-10-2017, 08:29 PM
  2. Denver auto show
    By mjncad in forum Trucks, Trailers, & Towing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-14-2014, 08:29 AM
  3. 35-acres of land east of Denver.
    By mjncad in forum For Sale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2013, 01:51 PM
  4. Dealership evaluator
    By saxamc2 in forum Forum Help & Suggestions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 04:00 PM
  5. Screamin' deal on a part at a dealership? Yes, it is possible.
    By Caledon Hills in forum Sub Compact Utility Tractors (SCUT)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 05:46 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts