What's your preferred lifting sling set up?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: What's your preferred lifting sling set up?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 06:06 AM
    Thanks

What's your preferred lifting sling set up?

I'm getting used to my new tractor and learning how to use it. I can see some uses for the fork frame that wouldn't involve actually picking something up on the forks, but rather lifting the load with a pair of slings off the forks or off a clevis in the receiver on the Artillian frame.

What size and length straps do you prefer for this type of work? Any tips for how you run the straps for the safest lift?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Thanks
    I use chain and some bolt on hooks on my bucket. As for the safest way to do it, that has more to do with what is being lifted then anything else.
    Treefarmer and PJR832 like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Thanks
    Chain and hooks here too.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1165.JPG
    Tomfive, rtgt and PJR832 like this.
    John Deere 4310 tractor, New Holland 575E backhoe, John Deere F725 mower

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 06:06 AM
    Thanks
    How about things that you'd rather not scratch with chain? That's where I'm thinking straps.

Also, I have the 4 in 1 bucket, so BOHs are not an option (I asked Ken)
    rtgt and PJR832 like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    09-05-2019 @ 12:14 PM
    Thanks
    I used to use chains but I mainly use kens straps now the oblong rings fit right into the grooves on the artillian fork frame

Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk
    rtgt likes this.
    brian
    2016 2032r, h130 fel, 62d mmm, ballast box, frontier box blade bb20065,jd I match quick hitch, frontier land plane lp1160, jd independent mower lift, kens bolt on hooks, artillian forks and front hoe bucket, r2 3" edge tamer tarter 6 foot land rake

1989 jd 826 walk behind snow blower

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:18 AM
    Thanks
    Most of the stuff I lift is chains with hooks on my bucket.

I don't know where we got it or what it is called for sure but we have a sling for our 3000w generator that I use with the FEL to put it up on the front of the camper. It is made with nylon straps and has 4 sets of hooks with PVC pipe spreaders. The hooks are all coated to not scratch the generator. Each of the 4 corners has 2 hooks (like those on a ratchet strap) that face opposite ways. This way you can hook the handle twice at each corner and it is less likely to slip off while you get it hooked up to the tractor and start lifting it.

It can be used for lots of stuff but we just use it for the smaller 3000w generator. The big generator has a cage which a lift point in the middle so I just use a chain with that one.
    rtgt and PJR832 like this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 01:11 PM
    Thanks
    I think that it depends on what you're lifting. I have slings (from Ken!! ) and a chain (and hooks from Ken! ).

A couple of months ago I loaded a 7' rear blade on to my trailer by using the slings and forks. Last week I used the chain (and a chain shortener from Ken! ) to lift the front of my zero-turn so I could change the blades on it.

There's no "right answer" as to how to run the slings/straps except to say make sure they don't slip and don't get under anything while you're moving/lifting. As to the best size of sling - I think mine are 6' and they work well. But, to be safe, I'd order a pair of each size that Kenny sells! You just never know!
    glc, Tomfive, rtgt and 3 others like this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Found it but they don't appear to have it anymore.

Product: LiftAll Generator Lifting Harness

It was made by LiftAll and they have a thumbnail photo of it. The company is still in business but haven't found any for sale in a quick 2 minute search. They do have other things that might fit into what you are trying to lift.
    rtgt likes this.

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MN3046 View Post
    How about things that you'd rather not scratch with chain? That's where I'm thinking straps.

Also, I have the 4 in 1 bucket, so BOHs are not an option (I asked Ken)
    I donít own much that I care about scratching.

If you want slings just find ones with an appropriate working load rating, and be careful to avoid sharp edges.

I actually have weld on hooks, and Iíve seen as many places to mount them as there are different tractors. All have pluses and minuses. And there is no law against mounting them on your forks if thatís the what you prefer.
    rtgt, BigJim55, sennister and 2 others like this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rydplrs View Post
    I donít own much that I care about scratching.

If you want slings just find ones with an appropriate working load rating, and be careful to avoid sharp edges.

I actually have weld on hooks, and Iíve seen as many places to mount them as there are different tractors. All have pluses and minuses. And there is no law against mounting them on your forks if thatís the what you prefer.
    Another thing I have seen some people do is to drill a hole through a fork so they can mount a ball for moving a trailer. That might help prevent a strap from slipping off a fork as well. The ball can be removed easily for times where you want a traditional fork for moving pallets.
    Tomfive, rtgt and rydplrs like this.

JD X585, 54C deck,

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast