Long time lurker, first time poster. I've currently got an LA115, 42" deck and 44" Front Mount Snow Blower. This has done a fine job on our 1/3 acre with large patio and driveway. With that said we just upgraded our home situation to a much larger home with 1.5 acres. The new place is mostly flat, with a moderately large ditch at the end of property along the road, all grass and some larger trees. I have a few question and am looking for recommendations on the route to go.
- Snow removal - This is the big one, we live in Minnesota and will live on a long cul-de-sac with only one other house. I don't foresee us being the first ones plowed
- Landscaping - minor bucket work, mulch, compost, etc
- Gardening - We currently have a 8x12 raised bed but I'd like to up that game.
The first two obviously take priority, and I know I could get by with an x500 series but I'm starting to think $6-8k is a lot to spend on something that JUST mows and blows snow. I know the cost difference would be 50-100% more but I foresee myself actually using a 3pt hitch and a bucket a fair amount. We have the smallest lot in the neighborhood and everyone else has a Zero turn. I really don't want two machines though and cut quality isn't something I'm terribly concerned with. I don't want it to be trash but I think the SCUTs would be plenty "good enough" for me.
- What would you do!?!?
- How capable are the SCUTs? - My stepdad is a bit of a curmudgeon and thinks anything less than 30hp and 2000lbs is a toy. I want to disagree
- Budget is 10-15k depending on the scenario. That 0% interest on the 1 series is tempting.
Thanks for the read and I look forward to getting your thoughts!