Deere website - Build your own question

Thread: Deere website - Build your own question

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Thanks

Deere website - Build your own question

Going through the "build your own" for a 4044M and when you choose any added options you have to select a Dealer.

When the thing totals the final price, is that the price for your options "installed" or not?

I'm not sure why the Dealer should be an option. I would think Deere has their prices set across the board for all Dealers.
    Do the boys in Texas make less money installing added hydraulic systems than the boys in Iowa, or ?????

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkpuller View Post
    Going through the "build your own" for a 4044M and when you choose any added options you have to select a Dealer.

When the thing totals the final price, is that the price for your options "installed" or not?
    Go back and look at the Build Your Own site again. Note that the base tractor price is listed as "List Price*". Do you see that little asterisk there?
    Now scroll down to the bottom of the page and it says:

"* Manufacturer's suggested list price shown. Retail prices may vary by dealer. Unless stated otherwise, taxes, freight, setup, delivery and other dealer specific charges not included in the pricing. Options noted with 'Net Item Charge' will have additional costs. Pricing and specifications subject to change without notice. Special program pricing may be available on certain models. Ask dealer for details. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars and valid only in the United States."

I'm not sure why the Dealer should be an option. I would think Deere has their prices set across the board for all Dealers.
    Do the boys in Texas make less money installing added hydraulic systems than the boys in Iowa, or ?????
    Dealers can set their own prices on items as highlighted above. They aren't the same across the board. IME, they are usually fairly close to each other but they aren't identical.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    thank you sir.....

Well then that's about as accurate as a stopped clock.

And when I choose a Dealer, this website knows what they charge for each option?

Hard to try and figger what a Dealer quotes me compared to the build my own quote.

Retail prices may vary by dealer. Unless stated otherwise, taxes, freight, setup, delivery and other dealer specific charges not included in the pricing. Options noted with 'Net Item Charge' will have additional costs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkpuller View Post
    And when I choose a Dealer, this website knows what they charge for each option?
    My understanding is that dealers can go in and tweak pricing if they choose to do so. By default everything lists as MSRP unless the dealer tweaks it. From what I've seen, most don't bother and leave it at the MSRP. The dealers want you to contact them directly to get the price they'll actually sell it to your for.

Hard to try and figger what a Dealer quotes me compared to the build my own quote.
    Create your "Build Your Own" quote and save it. Send a quote request in to the dealer and see what they come back with. Line the two up and see what you get.

I've never heard of one coming back with the same numbers. The Build Your Own site is only good for getting a rough estimate. If you read through the hundreds of discussions on this here, you'll find that pretty much everyone has gotten somewhere between 10% to 20% discount from the Build Your Own price.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks again Jim.

That's what i was trying to accomplish. Compare the dealer quote to what the website told me.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:28 PM
    Thanks
    Corkpuller, (Glad to see your are not a Corksoaker)

I can attest to what Jim is saying.

I built my 2018 3046R on the Deere website. I checked about every box. My list was $67,500 and I ended up at 56,000. That was with all options installed. No labor was listed on my final invoice. So that is about 17% discount from list. (Technically more than that if you take into account my dealer charged no labor for set-up and I had a TON of stuff for them to install.) See my signature.

The Deere list prices will give you a worst case scenario. It is up to the dealer on if, or how much they want to discount your machine and implements. I've never heard of anyone on this site paying close to list. It is much like a car dealer, often times there are bonuses for moving a certain number of units. Deere also requires dealers to meet certain sales figures to remain a dealer. So if your dealer is a little behind he may take a small hit to move a few machines.

Jeff
    Last edited by Jet Dr.; 07-06-2019 at 06:21 AM.
    2018 3046R - Deluxe Cab, air ride seat, R4 tires, 3rd ESCV, diverter valve with 4th and 5th SCV's, mid PTO, 72D autoconnect MMM with independent lift, power beyond, 375A backhoe, 320R loader with 3rd function lines, L&R external mirrors, Frontier 60" 4 in 1 bucket and factory stereo with dedicated Sirius tuner.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements