Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Deere Quality?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-09-2019 @ 03:06 PM
    Thanks

Deere Quality?

Ok all, I havent picked up my tractor yet.
    Am looking forward to picking it up later this week.

Have read some threads about decks not working well from the dealer, issues with setup, long adjuster bolts falling out etc.

I like tinkering... but for the next 3-4 months - I don't have time. I'm hoping to get the tractor and have it work.

Did most of you have your 1023/1025 work well from the dealer? I am hoping so. Hopefully these are just occasional issues?

I don't mean to have this sound negative- just hoping that green is the right choice. I want it to be.

If I buy a new truck I don't expect to have to adjust things and "oh don't worry just pull the tailgate and doors off and follow this handy guide"
    rtgt and Herminator like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:13 PM
    Thanks
    From the many threads and posts I have read, it seems to depend greatly on the individual dealer to have your initial setup correct. The guys at my dealer (since closed) were complete morons. I was delivered an unusable 1025, the pedals were so out of adjustment it would kill the engine the moment you engaged the pto and tried to move forward. It was leaking antifreeze, missing parts, nothing set up correctly, because the dealers shop was manned by incompetent dipsh-ts.

Since I made them take it back and re-fix it, and I had the time to fix and redo their screw-ups, I’ve had virtually no troubles. And it seems most other dealerships are much better than the one I dealt with.

Finally my 2 cents on the mower deck, if you get a mower and do not want to deal with setup and adjustment headaches, do like I did and get the manual-connect mower driveshaft. It requires crawling under the tractor to slip the driveshaft on or off the pto output when you take the deck on or off, but it’s freakin fool-proof. No setup required. (Others will disagree with me and say get the autoconnect pto setup).

I’m very happy with my 1025, and a little common sense and attention to detail goes a long way.

Edit: one other thing, when you get your tractor delivered, insist they give you the setup / installed instructions for any dealer-installed accessories, read the steps and CHECK THEIR WORK to make sure they did it correctly.

Good luck!
    Last edited by AJgrn78; 07-07-2019 at 10:10 PM.
    rtgt, OxPath, theduke and 2 others like this.
    1984 JD 316 w/ cat 0 3-pt hitch and 2000 rpm pto, 48" tiller, 49" snowblower, 42" belly mower
    2015 JD 1025r, 60d MMM, 54" front mounted snowblower, Heavy hitch, Ballast box
    1980 JD 1050 4wd, JD 75 loader, IH 60" brush hog
    1980? Satoh S550g Elk, 60" belly mower
    McCulloch Saws - 1970's Mini Mac 30; Mac 10-10
    1978 Ariens Sno-Thro 32"; Troy-Bilt 24" snoblower
    1996 Polaris 680 Ultra Snowmobile, 2004 Yamaha Raptor 660, 2016 Polaris Sportsman 570
    1996 KTM EXC 300
    Gravely ZT-HD 60"

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AJgrn78 View Post
    ...Finally my 2 cents on the mower deck, if you get a mower and do not want to deal with setup and adjustment headaches, do like I did and get the manual-connect mower driveshaft. It requires crawling under the tractor to slip the driveshaft on or off the pto output when you take the deck on or off, but it’s freakin fool-proof. No setup required. (Others will disagree with me and say get the autoconnect pto setup).
    The only issue I am aware of that the manual connect PTO would eliminate is the necessity of having that long bolt (which sets the angle of the PTO coupler) adjusted correctly. Perhaps it would also allow you to connect more easily on uneven ground?

If the deck is going to stay on the tractor most of the time then the auto connect PTO may not be worth it. I think headaches arise only when it isn't put together correctly.
    rtgt and OxPath like this.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDeere View Post
    Did most of you have your 1023/1025 work well from the dealer? I am hoping so. Hopefully these are just occasional issues?

I don't mean to have this sound negative- just hoping that green is the right choice. I want it to be.

If I buy a new truck I don't expect to have to adjust things and "oh don't worry just pull the tailgate and doors off and follow this handy guide"
    I think most people don't have issues.

The problem is that unlike a factory assembly line, the decks are installed by (potentially) the newest, least experienced employee at the dealership, and there is likely no quality checks other than it seems to work when they are done.
    rtgt, OxPath and theduke like this.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:57 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDeere View Post
    Ok all, I havent picked up my tractor yet.
    Am looking forward to picking it up later this week.

Have read some threads about decks not working well from the dealer, issues with setup, long adjuster bolts falling out etc.

I like tinkering... but for the next 3-4 months - I don't have time. I'm hoping to get the tractor and have it work.

when the dealer delivers it you make sure everything works and have him go through all the functions untill you know them, by heart.
    rtgt, OxPath, theduke and 1 others like this.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:03 PM
    Thanks
    I've had my 1025r for almost a year and a half. The only problem I've had is a clogged fuel filter. Can't blame that on anything except some bad fuel.
    Last edited by jimmylh; 07-08-2019 at 07:07 AM.
    rtgt likes this.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:08 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,029 Times in 2,509 Posts
    The thread title should read "Dealer Quality", while there is certainly some things mother Deere can do better...most issues you read about here are caused by the dealers IMHO.
    DRobinson, rtgt and kylew like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,059 Times in 2,224 Posts
    You have to remember something - this is a public forum.

What does that mean? People will come here when they have an issue with something either looking for advise or just to rant. Probably 90% of tractor owners are 100% happy with their machines and have no reason to search us out and/or post here.

So what you are seeing here is maybe 10% of the tractor owners of which you will see issues.

Just the nature of online forums.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:52 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,506 Times in 1,233 Posts
    I don't remember seeing a lot of posts of poor quality, be it from Deere or dealer, it might seem like it at times but for reasons. You don't very often see people post when everything is set up perfect and working great, maybe if there were more of that you'd see that the good would outweigh the bad.
    DRobinson, rtgt, bvbearcat and 1 others like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 796 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    I don't remember seeing a lot of posts of poor quality, be it from Deere or dealer, it might seem like it at times but for reasons. You don't very often see people post when everything is set up perfect and working great, maybe if there were more of that you'd see that the good would outweigh the bad.

Just like the evening news, good news isn't news worthy.

When they deliver it, check it out and try it out.

I would still recommend going over the machine a couple times after you use it and just check it over.

Stuff happens.

A little preventative maintenance goes a long way.
    DRobinson, PJR832, kylew and 1 others like this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast