• 1 Post By DRobinson
  • 1 Post By Treefarmer

Thread: Wth

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Thanks

Wth

Customer comes in with recently purchased 1025R with MCS. States that the "blower" is not picking up grass. States that he needs it fixed NOW!
    Gave it a quick look over. Chute is completely clogged at the power flow intake at the deck with heavy wet grass. Under deck is so clogged there is only room for the blades to turn.
    Before we could even call him he comes back in and is raising heck. I still had the unit on the lift. The service writer called me up to talk to him. I walked him out and showed him the issue. He was amazed!
    After talking to him I found part of the issue. He was removing the chute tube, cutting the wet grass, then reinstalling the chute trying to bag wet grass. Why would u do that?
    Bottom line he cussed the MCS.. Cussed us and refused to pay the diag fee. He got it back for free. We ate the diag labor.
    Just another day.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,400 Times in 1,542 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopterdoc View Post
    Customer comes in with recently purchased 1025R with MCS. States that the "blower" is not picking up grass. States that he needs it fixed NOW!
    Gave it a quick look over. Chute is completely clogged at the power flow intake at the deck with heavy wet grass. Under deck is so clogged there is only room for the blades to turn.
    Before we could even call him he comes back in and is raising heck. I still had the unit on the lift. The service writer called me up to talk to him. I walked him out and showed him the issue. He was amazed!
    After talking to him I found part of the issue. He was removing the chute tube, cutting the wet grass, then reinstalling the chute trying to bag wet grass. Why would u do that?
    Bottom line he cussed the MCS.. Cussed us and refused to pay the diag fee. He got it back for free. We ate the diag labor.
    Just another day.

Some customers shouldn't own a tractor.... All book smarts and no common sense..
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Thanks
    the public, ugh.
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Thanks
    We used to see all kinds when I worked at a tv repair shop back in the 70's. TV sets with birds nests. Guys who would cuss us out if a part took more than a couple of days to come in. We told one guy who brought in a desk lamp with a built in radio, that we had to order a transformer that had to come from overseas and that it would take several weeks to get here. He proceeded to call twice a day. About day four he demanded the lamp back. They gave one guy a loaner tv set. He liked the loaner better and would not give it back or answer his door. You name it.
    etcallhome, spferdil and PJR832 like this.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:58 PM
    Thanks
    Just another day.

Your dealership went above and beyond.
    I would bend over backwards to "make things right" even when not my fault for my ebay sales. It got to the point I had to put "no returns" in my descriptions to stop "people" from sending their broken stuff back and demanding a refund. I rarely sell on ebay anymore.
    etcallhome likes this.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,375 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post

Some customers shouldn't own a tractor.... All book smarts and no common sense..
    Like I have said before on here, there are some customers that you just can't afford to do business with.
    PJR832 likes this.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 05:38 PM
    Thanks

He goes to the end of the line

Just another day.

If he brings it back, somehow I could see it getting put at the end of the repair list and maybe staying there for a while. I know the customer is always right, at least up until the point where they aren't really a customer but just a PITA. I could see the service rep telling the guy the shop is booked solid, it would be a long time before we could get to it but I'll call the service rep in the next county (or state) over and see if they can work you in.

Then send the guy to the worst facility you know of. . .

Treefarmer
    PJR832 likes this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements