I sent a certified letter to S.Allen Chairman/CEO Deere & Company World Headquarters
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree307Likes

Thread: I sent a certified letter to S.Allen Chairman/CEO Deere & Company World Headquarters

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    @
    Thanks

Exclamation I sent a certified letter to S.Allen Chairman/CEO Deere & Company World Headquarters

people do not understand the reason for post. I talked to everyone local ( more than once) and I sent messages to their web site .I got more information from this web site in two hours than I received from the John Deere dealer in six weeks. maybe people think it's O.K. to wait 6 weeks for equipment but I don't. And the phone number area code should be 570
    Thank you for your help.

By the way, I worked in customer service for 43 years and If I had a customer treated like I was it would have been bad for some of the people in customer service.
    Last edited by geheydt; 09-14-2019 at 05:44 PM. Reason: people do not understand the reason for the post !!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:56 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geheydt View Post
    The letter follows .This is after spending $34,000 on a 1025r and attachments.Will let you know how well customer support is with John Deere.
    Dear Mr. Allen,
    On July 25th I ordered a 60” broom (PO# ********) to replace my 52” broom at the John Deere dealership (Lindsey Equipment) which is in Ashley, PA. I have sent messages using their web site with no response. I stopped in at the dealership in Ashley on August 20 and C*****k V**n (sales) could not find my order. He said he would call me at home by 2 PM. I never received a call. I called back and talked to “W***” and was told it should be here by Sept 5th. It is now the 6th and I have heard nothing. I can’t find any information on how to contact the owner on their web site or dealership so I would like the name and email address of the owner of Lindsey Equipment.
    Ok, so you ordered a broom, and haven't got it yet. You have stopped at the dealership once, and called once, each time dealing with a different person rather than consistently working with the same sales person for continuity.

Next step, you send a letter to the Chairman of Deere, and post (your very first post) to Green Tractor Talk to punish everyone involved.

If I were the dealer, I would probably "lose the order" for good.

Part of the customer service equation is a 'reasonable customer'.

Just my opinion.
    glc, etcallhome, bhill and 19 others like this.
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tractor Tim For This Useful Post:

bhill (09-19-2019), Toughsox (09-14-2019)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:55 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tractor Tim View Post
    Ok, so you ordered a broom, and haven't got it yet. You have stopped at the dealership once, and called once, each time dealing with a different person rather than consistently working with the same sales person for continuity.

Next step, you send a letter to the Chairman of Deere, and post (your very first post) to Green Tractor Talk to punish everyone involved.

If I were the dealer, I would probably "lose the order" for good.

Part of the customer service equation is a 'reasonable customer'.

Just my opinion.
    OP didn't make any points with his dealer or with Deere IMO or with GTT.
    glc, MDrew, JKR and 9 others like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:12 AM
    Thanks
    It took about 2 minutes with the googler to find his (the general manager of that location) phone number 607-648-5776.
    They have 7 locations, so there are probably multiple owners.
    The general manager is probably one of the owners.
    They have 4.6 stars on google.
    By the time the JD CEO’s secretary’s, assistant’s, summer intern gets back to you, your broom will be in
    glc, etcallhome, MDrew and 8 others like this.
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:39 AM
    Thanks
    Did you even request to speak to the store manager?

A reasonable customer would work their up the chain of command.
    glc, etcallhome, MDrew and 6 others like this.
    2018 2025R, R4, 120R Loader, 260B backhoe, 60D AutoConnect MMM, Independent Deck Lift, 5' Tarter Rotary Cutter

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:11 AM
    Thanks
    Remember that old adage:::: Treat others as you would have them treat you.

So if your payment check bounces, JD would file suit in the courts against you. That would be an example from the other side. Instead of calling you to find out what happened as most of us would do, they would just file suit. Essentially, that is how you treated them. Now, I don't know this dealer at all, but there is another saying: You can get more flies with honey than with vinegar, and you definitely did not use honey. You have a lot to do to regain any good will this this dealer, that is, if you even care. Sorry, you don't have my sympathy.

Before I retired, I worked for a company that would occasionally get one of these letters, instead of contacting the local office for resolution. There never was any real problem involved, but that client's good will was gone and they were never going to get any preferential treatment in the future.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:56 AM
    Thanks
    I'll bet a dollar that the CEO never sees that letter. Probably gave his secretary's secretary a good chuckle, though.

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:47 PM
    Thanks
    Maybe if the OP had ordered the broom from Amazon Prime, he would have gotten one of their robots to answer the phone and gotten them to send it to him within 24 hours via their drone system.
    etcallhome, MDrew, PJR832 and 1 others like this.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:19 AM
    Thanks
    You paid the USPS to send a certified letter to the CEO of John Deere to ask him for the store's phone number? Seems totally reasonable. I'm sure you are not a complete nutcase.
    1025r | 60D | Forks | AV20F Grapple & 3rd SCV | 60" Box Blade | Danuser G20/40 Auger | Titan Pine Straw Rake | Kenny's hooks, springs, & diff lock pedal | LED Lighting Upgrades | HF Quick Hitch w/ extended top hook | Heavy Hitch weight bracket & toothbar | Custom loader snow plow

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Thanks
    Well it’s now the 14th. Have you got it yet?

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast