lowering air pressure with fluid in tires?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jgayman
  • 1 Post By steveontheridge2

Thread: lowering air pressure with fluid in tires?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:23 PM
    Thanks

lowering air pressure with fluid in tires?

well I got all 4 tires ballasted on my 5115R. IT seems like they got too much air pressure in them. With valve stem at 12:00 position fluid still comes out. Do they need to be off and lying down?
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Rotating the tire to the 12 o'clock position is the correct approach. It sounds like they might be over filled with fluid as well. Do you have a way to jack up one tire at a time to get the weight off it? Realizing that on the 5115R you're probably dealing with a lot of axle weight.

Laying loaded tires flat on the ground is usually not recommended due to the difficulty with picking them back up. But if you have a way to lift the tire back into position I can't see it hurting anything.
    Zebrafive likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:16 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by onefarmer View Post
    well I got all 4 tires ballasted on my 5115R. IT seems like they got too much air pressure in them. With valve stem at 12:00 position fluid still comes out. Do they need to be off and lying down?
    Thanks
    No. It's very common for the tires to be filled with fluid past the stem when in the 12:00 position. Mine are.
    Get yourself a gauge that is made for fluid filled tires and wash it out after you use it. In a pinch you can use a
    regular gauge but you must wash it out thoroughly when done.

Zebrafive likes this.
    3025e 60" bucket with parking stand kit, Ken's hooks, quick hitch, finish mower, brush hog, tiller, back blade, scoop, forks, Edge Tamers, weight bracket w/ trailer mover
    Z915B
    GT 245
    X500
    Bolens MTD GTH garden tractor (Dad's old machine)
    20' double axle trailer
    Previous - 2305, 2025R, Z720A, couple other zero turns

5. The Following User Says Thank You to steveontheridge2 For This Useful Post:

eyeboltman (09-19-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements