Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Shredded Cedar Clean Up

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:14 PM
    Thanks

Shredded Cedar Clean Up

I purchased my 1025r last week and finally got a break from the rain to get started on my many projects. 1st on my list is to clean up an area where I hired a company to shred a grove of trees on a corner of my 4 acres last week. Itís an area about 100í x 200í that is covered with shredded wood. Itís a large amount of wood from chips to pretty large chunks mixed in with all the brush & honeysuckle that was growing there. I got on the clean up Tuesday and just using the bucket loaded my 6 x 10 dump trailer and hauled that load to the dump. Now my plan was to haul several loads to the dump or any other place I could find to take it and try to burn the rest or maybe work it into the soil. Itís still pretty wet and the one load I hauled off was just over 4000 lbs (thatís my max payload on this dump trailer). I was able to minimize any dirt loaded in the trailer but I feel it can be done better (I loaded more dirt than I wanted to.) With that being my 1st time to work this machine as expected I need some practice but Iíve worked buckets on loaders in the past and as with all of us Iíll only get better with seat time. Iíve decided a debris fork may help some with this application but Iím positive it will be useful for many other projects & chores so I ordered one from Titan along with forks & their new draw bar with rack for suitcase weights.

I guess my question to you more seasoned operators. Am I moving down the right path here? Iím trying to minimize dirt loaded and Iím finding some wet material in general due to the recent rains - itís $35/ton to dump at the land fill and that 1st load was $79. My estimate is i need to haul about 6 to 8 (?) more loads to get this area cleared enough to manage it without haul-off.
    Any ideas are much appreciated.
    2018 1025R w/ 120R FEL & Frontier 5' BB
    Titan 42" Pallet Forks, 48" Clamp-on Debris Forks, Quick Hitch (QH1), Draw Bar w/ Weight rack
    Piranha 53 1/4" Tooth Bar (ordered)

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Thanks
    Let it dry out a couple days before messing with it. You could also toss it to help it dry faster if you want seat time. Maybe look into a rake application. Be patient. Youíll be a pro in no time. Congrats on your new tractor!
    EVT and texomakid like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Thanks
    My eyes playing tricks on me. I glanced at the title and thought it said Shredded Cheddar Clean Up.
    mark02tj, EVT, Kbar and 1 others like this.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:22 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    Let it dry out a couple days before messing with it. You could also toss it to help it dry faster if you want seat time. Maybe look into a rake application. Be patient. Youíll be a pro in no time. Congrats on your new tractor!
    I agree with the above.

Enjoy your new professional work equipment or as I prefer calling mine, a great toy that happens to make work easier
    texomakid likes this.
    Auguste . . . a blue collar guy working in a white collar world
    Rexton, New Brunswick, Canada

1025r Tractor aka Bucky ~ New in April 2018 ~ 225 hours to date, about 13 hours per month - - - no lawn cutting

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Forks ~ Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~ DeThatcher ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:17 PM
    Thanks
    X2 on the rake.

Without seeing pics its hard to evaluate but a landscape rake might be a good investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    texomakid likes this.
    2011 JD 2520, 200CX FEL, iMatch Quick Hitch, 48" JD Box Scraper, 54" JD FM Snowblower, Artillian 36" Forks w/Backrest, Frontier PHD200, Woods RM59 Finish Mower & Heavy Hitch

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:14 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks guys and hereís a few pics. Iíve considered a rake as it will come in handy but without any rake experience I was thinking this was a bit too heavy so thatís why for now I went with the 48Ē debris fork. It should be here Friday? (the 42Ē forks I ordered from Titan arrived in less than 48 hours from when I ordered them - great service so far from Titan.)
    I walked out and took a few pics so you can see my shred field (Chedder Chesse would be better )
    The one shot was just to show off my rainbow to the Northwest - more rain coming
    Click image for larger version.†

Name:	IMG_4602.JPG†
Views:	54†
Size:	94.1 KB†
ID:	706816Click image for larger version.†

Name:	IMG_4603.JPG†
Size:	74.2 KB†
ID:	706814Click image for larger version.†

Name:	IMG_4600.JPG†
Size:	133.0 KB†
ID:	706812Click image for larger version.†

Name:	IMG_4598.JPG†
Size:	99.1 KB†
ID:	706810
    Kbar likes this.
    2018 1025R w/ 120R FEL & Frontier 5' BB
    Titan 42" Pallet Forks, 48" Clamp-on Debris Forks, Quick Hitch (QH1), Draw Bar w/ Weight rack
    Piranha 53 1/4" Tooth Bar (ordered)

9. Top | #7
    EVT
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Thanks

Lots of Cedar

You could always get a giant hamster.

keane, Kbar and texomakid like this.
    2018 1025R, 120R FEL, 260B BH
    BXpanded Barracuda thumb, Quick-on connector, Ripper, Trench bucket, Piranha tooth bar
    iMatch 3pt. Quick Hitch
    JD 54 inch Quick Hitch Snow Blade
    Frontier AP10F Pallet Forks
    Frontier PHD-100 Post Hole Digger
    Frontier LR2060L Landscape Rake
    JD Ballast Box
    Titan BX42 Wood Chipper
    Heavy Hitch Receiver and Suitcase Weight Bracket, Front bracket
    Lots of stuff from Ken's Bolt on Hooks

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:22 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EVT View Post
    You could always get a giant hamster.

Maybe a herd of hamsters

If you go with a landscape rake, get the wheels that go with it . . . that makes it easier to control the depth that the rake enters the ground.

I bet you project will look great once you have finished!
    Kbar and texomakid like this.
    Auguste . . . a blue collar guy working in a white collar world
    Rexton, New Brunswick, Canada

1025r Tractor aka Bucky ~ New in April 2018 ~ 225 hours to date, about 13 hours per month - - - no lawn cutting

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Forks ~ Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~ DeThatcher ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:24 AM
    Thanks
    Dry wood weighs less than wet......let it dry up and then remove it and you'll save a third of the weight right there.
    Kbar and texomakid like this.
    1025R with MMM and FEL and an LX186

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Thanks
    Your headed down a good path with debris forks. I think the Titan ones have an 8Ē spread between them. Youíll get more volume in your loads. Just be careful not to overload it with weight because clamp on anything that sticks out 21 inches will put stress on your cutting edge of the bucket. Now, as for not getting dirt in there, youíll have to practice. Those tines on that particular set of forks have a down cut angle on the tips, so be careful not to let it bite in when scooping. I almost recommended some edge tamers for this application. I saw a vid of some guy ramming into a pile of leaves and moving a lot of them without damaging his lawn with those bad boys on. Theyíre like training wheels for your loader bucket. How dense is your dirt? Is it muddy under those grindings? I made my own brush/debris forks and got pretty got at using them for brush and logs. With the smaller stuff, I would raise the loader arms up, and angle the forks almost vertical down, and slowly ďrakeĒ forward, keeping a close eye on ground penetration. Go slow and take your time. Speed will come, but technique is learned with patience. Have fun!
    EVT and texomakid like this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast