Can we believe sponsore SCUT YouTubers? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Can we believe sponsore SCUT YouTubers?

1. Top | #21

Last Online
    Today @ 04:57 PM
    Thanks
    Tim, with an attitude like that, you aren't going to cut it in politics.
    Kennyd, glc, Gizmo2 and 8 others like this.
    2018 2025r, FEL, 60" autoconnect deck, pallet forks, some other stuff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #22
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:09 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 830 Posts
    I take all reviews with a grain of salt. I look for signs of credibility or lack of, and go from there.

What I look for in a review is does the reviewer know what they are talking about or are they just bragging. Sometimes a new owner is just showing off a new toy, and that is all good. Don't confuse those as "reviews", but you can listen for the "I Likes" as well.

I look for the "I like this because..." comments. If there is a negative or "con" comment, I look for some kind of "because" comment as well.

I look for comments such as "this is more comfortable to me" as opposed to "I would never like" comments since I can tell right there they have never even tried it. They are just parroting someone else's comments.

When I am dealing with a salesman, I have done my homework first. I keep that knowledge to myself. I want to see what the sales person shares. Worst thing sales can do is run down a competitors product. I will be finding the door real fast. Tell me what your product does well, and if you want to share that this product is market leading because...... then I'll listen.

If you are looking for a hands down winner in a comparison there shouldn't be one if they are comparing apples to apples. John Deere and Kubota both make world class equipment. Comparing apples to apples machines, most of the differences are going to boil down to personal preference.

I will second what others have said - A good dealer makes all the difference in the world.

You've done a lot of homework. Make a list of what resonates with you, stuff that you like, then go shopping. When the equipment, the deal and the dealership all line up you've found a winner.
    glc, Gizmo2, jgayman and 5 others like this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

4. Top | #23
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:24 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgt View Post
    When I am dealing with a salesman, I have done my homework first. I keep that knowledge to myself. I want to see what the sales person shares. Worst thing sales can do is run down a competitors product. I will be finding the door real fast. Tell me what your product does well, and if you want to share that this product is market leading because...... then I'll listen.
    I do the same. 99% of the time I am walking in the door, I already know more about the product than the sales guy. They don't know me and I don't know them but I have done a lot of research. I will slowly feel out the product and the sales guy to see what they know. Like I mentioned having a list of things that I am feeling out to see how much I like them. That is what I am doing when it comes to something like a test drive. Finding those things that I can't live without and the things that are a deal killer. If it is a new dealer, I am also testing them. I am going to get to the point where I am asking hard questions. The right answer isn't to make up something as I already know the answer. The right answer is either going to match what I know or an straight up, "I don't know but lets go talk to someone in service or somewhere else and get that answer." They don't need to know everything but it is a way to get face time with a service department manager or even sometimes a tech to feel them out.
    glc, Gizmo2, rtgt and 6 others like this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #24
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Thanks
    In my opinion Tim is well informed and knowledgeable with years of experience running 1 series and has shown some exhausting unbiased reviews along with hands on videos of machines and their implements in action. I actually feel fortunate to have found his channel and thank him for his time he has sacrificed to show us proper tractor operation, and maintenance. As an excavation superintendent, I can say confidently that he puts out some very valuable stuff and doesnít come off as biased or full of beans. You could do a lot worse than taking a look at his channel.
    Gizmo2, rtgt, mark02tj and 4 others like this.
    1025R, 120R FEL, 60D MMM, Frontier 2060L, Bunch of homemade crap

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kbar For This Useful Post:

Tractor Tim†(10-03-2019)

8. Top | #25

Last Online
    Today @ 02:16 PM
    Thanks
    I donít see any material bias. The Morganís rarely talk about the tractors, they just use them. Tim is very clear about everything, couldnít be more even handed if he tried. Messickís is a different dynamic, view it as a salesman speaking rather than an unbiased user, but his videos are mostly useful and I usually learn something from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jonathan

2016 1025R FITLB : OTC (winter only) : AF10F front blade : Titan 42" forks : 60" First Choice RFM : KK 48" Tiller : EA 60" Pine Straw Rake : 60" Landscape Rake : Pat's Hooks : HH w/ 12 42# weights : KK Ripper/Potato Plow : Loaded Rears with 50# weights : Ken's Hooks, springs and straps : HH Tooth Bar : Edge Tamers : BXPanded 6" bucket w/coupler
    2014 X320 : Johnny Plow/Johnny Bucket : Bagger

9. Top | #26

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    I'm also big on reviews. I always read the bad reviews first, some bad reviews are just stupid IMO, some so called bad things mentioned in a bad review I simply don't care about.
    True that. You DO need to READ the reviews. I've read bad reviews that were clearly written by someone that had no business owning or using what they were reviewing. I've seen others where someone rated a product five stars then went on to type about how poorly it performed.
    Gizmo2, PJR832 and Toughsox like this.
    John Deere 4310 tractor, New Holland 575E backhoe, John Deere F725 mower

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Machinist For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2†(10-04-2019)

11. Top | #27

Last Online
    Today @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks
    All tractor and equipment manufacturers have made equipment so poorly designed that they should have been removed from sales. Problem with this is economically feasibility. With the litigious community it is not wise for any manufacturer to show or stress defects. So much of the results of using equipment is user talent. Ask your experienced barber...bet he can cut a nice head of hair with sizzors or even a box cutter. I've noticed that a large and I mean a large percentage of tractor cost much like vehicles is all the safety equipment. I think the operator is the best piece of safety equipment. I really like most equipment, now having said that if manufacturers and their markets could maintain a profit, I'd like to see the tractor both compact and subcompact in two classes. Homeowners and commercial markets. I have a 1025r and it is underpowered by at least 25% and I know reason why. In the hands of inexperience operators they would be overturning, all kinds of accidents. That is not to say that the tractor is not good as I really like it. But to move into real power without size you have to move in bob cats or the other commercial brands. Those babies have the hydraulic pressure and performance but have the commercial price tag. At one point is time I had a JD770 and it was lazy and JD then came out with the 790 and it was awesome powerful with same frame. Part engine and part hydraulics. I know my JD4400 was good but when I update a faulty designed front end they sent a new larger pump. This thing now is a beast. There's all types of modifications that manufacturers could do but marketing people consulting with engineering consulting with legal department consulting with finance department consulting with service department finally make a decision.
    PJR832 and Toughsox like this.

12. Top | #28
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Thanks
    Donít forget warranties have governed down power on everything.
    PJR832 and Toughsox like this.
    1025R, 120R FEL, 60D MMM, Frontier 2060L, Bunch of homemade crap

13. Top | #29

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    I came to this site because I knew I would be spending $25-$30K (204 days to go till retirement ) very shortly and didnt want to make a huge financial mistake.

After visiting both JD and Kubota dealerships, it was me planting my butt in the seat that instantly told me which color I was going for. (GREEN....HOORAY !!!! ) It just felt more comfortable, and the controls fit me better than the orange ones did. Then it came time do some some research......... thats when I started watching videos....... After seeing a bunch of SCUTs in action, I started looking for more in-depth tutorials, and thats where TTWT came into the picture.
    Tim and his family show you things as a 'man on the street' type of approach. They are informative, sometimes funny, he doesnt shy away when he makes a mistake, and you can tell he is being honest in what he is telling you. I love when I get a notification when he posts a new video and watch them from start to finish, even if its on a machine I have no intention of getting.

Between that, and these forums, I already know which implements I need to get, which brands are better vs which cost a little more etc etc etc.

At the end of the day, when the time comes I will be going in with eyes wide open, with the knowledge of everyone here in the back of my head (thanks a million everyone) and I even know to save something in the budget to order from Ken after the fact since his add-ons really do take your machine to another level.

As others have said, you really wont go 'wrong' in which machine you go for as none of them would be in business if all they sold was crap, but you are the one putting your money down so, just make sure you pick the right tractor thats right for you. Only you will know which one that is.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Toughsox For This Useful Post:

Tractor Tim†(10-04-2019)

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3