• 4 Post By Gizmo2
  • 1 Post By HydroHarold

Thread: John Deere Parts Warranty!

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-19-2019 @ 03:48 PM
    Thanks

John Deere Parts Warranty!

Happy Halloween everyone! I just wanted to share a "spoooooky" customer review we received last night and provide a little info. First of all, the review..........
    This throttle position sensor cost almost $150.00. I went to install it this weekend and it's bad. As you turn the input you can hear parts inside it grinding and crunching. I look up online how to do a return and it says they wont accept it because it's an electrical part. Wasted $150.00 Lesson learned. I'll do my business locally from now on. Must be nice to not have to stand behind your merchandise. What a racket!

At first I read this and I was miffed. Because we all know in this electronic age how things can spread like wildfire and I knew this had little merit. I quickly responded to the customer (repeat customer mind you) that this was the first we had heard there was a problem and while electrical items are generally non-returnable, this was not the case as this part was well within the John Deere parts warranty period. That's the point of this thread. As a consumer you have rights and should know about the John Deere Parts Warranty https://www.greenfarmparts.com/v/vsp...s_warranty.pdf. It is the same on most every part except for engines and some other components. And, beyond that......if you think you've been treated unfairly because of a defective product, then ask your dealer to put you in touch with John Deere's home office or their territory manager.

As a side note (and I had to chuckle just a bit), although this customer was a repeat customer with us, this was the first and only time he has ever filled out one of our reviews. It is absolutely true that more people will tell folks about a bad (or perceived bad) experience than a good one.
    Gizmo2, DRobinson and Levi like this.
    Green Farm Parts
    John Deere Parts, Accessories & Lifestyle Products
    Call us toll free at (877) 620-6070
    Email us: [email protected]

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GreenFarmParts For This Useful Post:

farmgirl19 (10-31-2014), fdmars (10-31-2014), Gizmo2 (10-31-2014), sbussell (10-31-2014), T-Mo (10-31-2014)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:52 AM
    Thanks
    I guess I'm guilty of not filling out the reviews/surveys, etc. And if I have a problem I usually call or email to get a resolution to an issue. I will say I have purchased from GFP a few times now without a problem, either with the order, the shipment, or the parts I've received. I will order again, I'm sure.
    Without ice cream, there will be darkness and chaos!
    Olympian Don Kardong

1965 110s, 1966 110, 1967 112, 2001 LT150, 2003 GT245, 2004 GX345, 2006 X320

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 10:39 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 1,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenFarmParts View Post
    Happy Halloween everyone! I just wanted to share a "spoooooky" customer review we received last night and provide a little info. First of all, the review..........
    This throttle position sensor cost almost $150.00. I went to install it this weekend and it's bad. As you turn the input you can hear parts inside it grinding and crunching. I look up online how to do a return and it says they wont accept it because it's an electrical part. Wasted $150.00 Lesson learned. I'll do my business locally from now on. Must be nice to not have to stand behind your merchandise. What a racket!

At first I read this and I was miffed. Because we all know in this electronic age how things can spread like wildfire and I knew this had little merit. I quickly responded to the customer (repeat customer mind you) that this was the first we had heard there was a problem and while electrical items are generally non-returnable, this was not the case as this part was well within the John Deere parts warranty period. That's the point of this thread. As a consumer you have rights and should know about the John Deere Parts Warranty https://www.greenfarmparts.com/v/vsp...s_warranty.pdf. It is the same on most every part except for engines and some other components. And, beyond that......if you think you've been treated unfairly because of a defective product, then ask your dealer to put you in touch with John Deere's home office or their territory manager.

As a side note (and I had to chuckle just a bit), although this customer was a repeat customer with us, this was the first and only time he has ever filled out one of our reviews. It is absolutely true that more people will tell folks about a bad (or perceived bad) experience than a good one.
    I've not done business with you...yet. What impressed me is that you saw this and responded. GOOD FOR YOU!!! I like that. Guess I know where to go when I need something. Thank you! I do, do surveys and 80% of the time it's favorable. The other 20% get no repeat business.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenFarmParts View Post
    I'm guilty! *raises hand*

I've had two orders with you folks over the last 4 months and haven't left any comments or filled out the surveys. It's easy to ignore those things when everything is good. You go install the part and go play instead.

When you run into a problem you want to vent and often, these on-line reviews are the only way people can think of to do that.

I look up online how to do a return and it says they wont accept it because it's an electrical part. Wasted $150.00 Lesson learned.
    Sadly, the lesson he DIDN'T learn was to call and talk to you folks. The guy was just plain lazy. I'd hope most people would realize that there isn't any way to cover every possible situation in a web site FAQ. He read "No returns on electrical parts" and accepted that as the end of the story. Maybe he's one of those guys that thinks "If it's on the Interwebs, it must be true!"?
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

8. Top | #5
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:55 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,955 Times in 2,915 Posts
    So what you're saying is......

**Note: Quoted from your WEB Site**

"Who is Green Farm Parts? Learn all about us and our Mission

The mission of Green Farm Parts has always been the same: Offer the best John Deere parts and accessories at a discount price and provide the customer quality customer service. While this mission seems simple, it has been the foundation of our company and has helped us become one of the largest and most award-winning John Deere dealers in North America and the #1 John Deere parts dealer online. We have been a John Deere dealer since the 1950's, so we take your satisfaction seriously. We operate eight stores in three states and have access to nearly all of the parts made by John Deere.

GreenFarmParts.com was built to provide our customers a complete selection of genuine John Deere parts in a clear manner and at a competitive price. We believe that genuine John Deere parts are vital to providing you years of service from your John Deere equipment. We know the concerns of ordering online, so we have made the process a simple one. Our one page checkout makes it easy to find the parts you need and allows you to order them in a timely fashion."

**End Quote**

....you have NOT been in business since the 1950's by providing bad service.

Shame on that customer. Just Sayin!
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Well, I am the ultimate internet customer test... and I just ordered $130 worth of parts this afternoon. Time will tell....!
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements