• 2 Post By GreenFarmParts

Thread: GFP now offering aftermarket parts alternatives

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,193 Times in 2,343 Posts

GFP now offering aftermarket parts alternatives

This is interesting - now when you pull up an item on the website it will offer an alternate aftermarket part if available.

Now normally I stay with OEM parts for everything I own. But I found an exception last year and thought I would share my experience.

I had a gauge wheel fall apart on my 62D deck. I found most of the parts. But after taking both rear wheels off I saw the other one was getting worn also. So I used the parts I had to make one good one and went to order a new replacement for the other side.

Part #AM136720

So I went to GFP and saw this wheel was $42 - ouch. I had some time so I did some research. I found a Stens brand replacement on Amazon for $27. After reading the reviews I decided to take the chance. When I got it I matched it up with my original and it was exactly the same -no difference at all including the markings on the wheel itself.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So when I saw this email from GFP I had a good example to see if this worked on their site. I pulled up the AM136720 wheel and there it was - an alternate replacement Stens wheel for $19 - even way less money than the Amazon 3rd party vendor.

https://www.greenfarmparts.com/John-...p/am136720.htm

So one thing I learned was to trust the Stens brand. I have a feeling that Stens must be an OEM supplier for Deere.

I think this is great. Like I said, for most things I will choose Deere parts. But for a gauge wheel the alternate turned out to be a great deal for me.
    Gizmo2, jgayman, OxPath and 4 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coaltrain For This Useful Post:

Fozsey (04-21-2018), jdmich (04-21-2018), jgayman (04-21-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,152 Times in 3,055 Posts
    Interesting.
    Most of the "OEM" parts I buy for TORO equipment is in fact Stens. I've been buying them for years.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    08-17-2019 @ 05:50 AM
    Thanks
    They almost have to be an OEM supplier for Deere as there's little chance Deere would allow cheaper competitive parts to be for sale at the dealer level. I could be wrong but unless Deere has a working relationship with Stens, I don't see it happening. Its taking food right from their mouth as its a no brainer to have 2 seemingly equal parts with significantly different price points. Deere might as well drop their branded line cuz they "aint" gonna need em.
    BigJim55, coaltrain and PJR832 like this.

~Brian~

1998 425/54 Deck/650 hours | 1998 455/60 Deck/54 Blade/1300 hours | 2003 GX345 48 Deck/47 Blade/Electric Pivot/900 hours (sold)

Yes I have an addiction and no I don't want help

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,193 Times in 2,343 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozsey View Post
    They almost have to be an OEM supplier for Deere as there's little chance Deere would allow cheaper competitive parts to be for sale at the dealer level. I could be wrong but unless Deere has a working relationship with Stens, I don't see it happening. Its taking food right from their mouth as its a no brainer to have 2 seemingly equal parts with significantly different price points. Deere might as well drop their branded line cuz they "aint" gonna need em.
    I thought the same thing - we’ll have to see how long this lasts at GFP......

It took me a long time of searching before I came up with the Stens gauge wheel last year.
    jgayman, BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    12-06-2019 @ 06:04 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Interesting.
    Most of the "OEM" parts I buy for TORO equipment is in fact Stens. I've been buying them for years.
    Stens makes/supplies/has cross referenced parts for many small equipment OEM’s. Briggs being a majorly one.
    Gizmo2, BigJim55 and Fozsey like this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    12-02-2019 @ 11:03 AM
    Thanks
    Glad to see customers are taking advantage of the aftermarket parts option on greenfamrparts.com, the parts have always been available but we recently made the change to the website to offer it as a suggested item to the OEM when shipping. We feel it will be successful and helpful to the end user. John Deere has no affiliation with Stens. They are simply an aftermarket manufacturer that offers similar parts to OEM for all makes and models. This allowing Greenfarmparts.com to offer parts for other makes and not just for John Deere. Thank you and have a great day!
    Bubber and BigJim55 like this.
    Green Farm Parts
    John Deere Parts, Accessories & Lifestyle Products
    Call us toll free at (877) 620-6070
    Email us: [email protected]

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenFarmParts For This Useful Post:

BigJim55 (06-28-2018), Bubber (06-28-2018)

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements