And you wonder why I drink.............
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: And you wonder why I drink.............

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-19-2019 @ 03:48 PM
    Thanks

And you wonder why I drink.............

Some days you just have "one of those days". I don't normally air a lot of dirty laundry, but I must be in a funny mood and this whole ordeal just tickled me more than it ticked me off! Customer ordered and received a set of blades. He ordered the wrong blades for his Z820A with 60" deck (not even close actually). His email tone started off poorly and I could tell he was frustrated:

Customer: "To whom it may concern,
    The order I received yesterday was not correct. I ordered a blade kit for a Z820A with 60" cut and I received a kit for either a 48 or 54" deck. Please send the correct set ASAP or refund my money."

My return email provided him 3 blade options for this application. I explained that we would waive the 20% restock fee on this and he would just have to pay the return shipping. That wasn't met with much favor either.........

Customer: "I ORDERED the 60" blades. The mistake is yours and not mine. So am I to pay the shipping on your mistake?"

Once again, I tried to explain to the customer that he ordered blades that were not even intended for his machine. I explained that if he had ordered product ABC123 but received ABC124, WE would pay for the return shipping. That wasn't the case. I also included the specifications for the blades he ordered, showing weren't even close to what he needed. I thought to myself "this explains everything very clearly. We have provided the customer with the correct parts and he will understand the error of his ways". Ha! Boy, was I wrong.

Customer: "I knew from all the bad reviews about this place that I was making a mistake. I know why now. Sent from my iPhone"

So, rather than blowing my top and reaching for a bottle (which would be more appropriate at this juncture), I actually went the other route.

Green Farm Parts: "We understand that you are having buyer's remorse because you ordered the wrong item. And we understand that you are projecting your misdirected anger at us because you looked up the wrong part.

We actually have 10,242 online reviews and 99.8% of them are 5 out of 5 stars.

Here is what we are going to do for you. We are actually going to issue you a FULL refund for the blades. No strings attached. You keep the blades AND get your money back.

That's the kind of service we provide despite the fact that you made an ordering mistake and you are upset at us for no reason. We will issue this refund today and the credit should appear on your Visa card account within 1-2 business days. We will then delete your account in our system.

Thank you for your feedback. We really got a kick out of it!"

Some days it just doesn't pay to do the right thing. But mostly this has taught me (again) that you just can't argue with stupid.
    Green Farm Parts
    John Deere Parts, Accessories & Lifestyle Products
    Call us toll free at (877) 620-6070
    Email us: [email protected]

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    11-02-2018 @ 08:29 AM
    Thanks
    Awful nice of you, I doubt anyone in our area would be so..... understanding.

I moderate a local gun forum, and people complain about this type of stuff all the time, generally leaving out key facts. Luckily we have ton of local vendors, most of which are not shy and will speak to the issue (although nobody like to air dirty laundry, sometimes it needs to be done).

People shop around, nickle and dime you, then expect to be treated as if they are at a five start resort. Glad I don't deal with the general public anymore.

~g

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:01 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,288 Times in 1,417 Posts
    There are some customers that you simply cannot afford to do business with.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    12-04-2018 @ 02:50 PM
    Thanks
    Great customer service! Think I could do the same with a BM17879?

Brett
    2017 5100E CAB H260
    ---FRONTIER BB4296
    ---MX15
    ---MX8
    ---EA 72" GRAPPLE

2017 KUBOTA ZD1211R
    2017 KUBOTA RTV-X1100C
    4K winch, 2”lift, 27s

GONE AND FORGOTTEN
    2013 AND 2014 5055E CAB H240

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    09-19-2019 @ 03:48 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyshakelford View Post
    Great customer service! Think I could do the same with a BM17879?

Brett
    Come on, man!!!
    Green Farm Parts
    John Deere Parts, Accessories & Lifestyle Products
    Call us toll free at (877) 620-6070
    Email us: [email protected]

8. Top | #6
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:55 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,955 Times in 2,915 Posts
    But mostly this has taught me (again) that you just can't argue with stupid.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stupid.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	47678
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 1,087 Posts
    greenfarmparts, I can not complain about u, in fact when I called their in the winter for my 2nd order I said hey--- I'm a member of GTT FOR 5 % and the guy said grrrr---- that's only foR online order's and I said OH I didn't know that ;but before I could do the math in my head he said aw i'll let u slide this time. I said THANK U, BUDDY9not right name) I usually call everyone driver cause I was a truck driver lol. so yhanks GFP'S. BIG JIM
    etcallhome, Levi, tj1 and 1 others like this.

10. Top | #8
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    Honestly, I do not know how anyone that deals with the public on a daily basis, ever gets to sober up!!

Yep, the more I see of some people, the more I like my dog(s)!

I just wish that I could win the lottery. (Of course, I'd need to buy a ticket!) But if I had the funds to spend all of my time playing, GFP would get tired of dealing with me, because every week I'd be putting in another order! Great people to do business with...friendly, fair and just good folks!!

Let that moron go elsewhere and be someone else's problem!!
    mjncad, etcallhome, Gizmo2 and 8 others like this.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to farmgirl19 For This Useful Post:

tj1 (06-26-2015)

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    09-11-2019 @ 09:26 AM
    Thanks
    That's an excellent response to a perfect idiot. Priceless!
    mjncad, etcallhome, Levi and 2 others like this.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:01 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,288 Times in 1,417 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl19 View Post
    Honestly, I do not know how anyone that deals with the public on a daily basis, ever gets to sober up!!

Yep, the more I see of some people, the more I like my dog(s)!

I just wish that I could win the lottery. (Of course, I'd need to buy a ticket!) But if I had the funds to spend all of my time playing, GFP would get tired of dealing with me, because every week I'd be putting in another order! Great people to do business with...friendly, fair and just good folks!!

Let that moron go elsewhere and be someone else's problem!!
    I agree! Great statement, farmgirl. Dogs rule!
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast