• 1 Post By NEWT
  • 5 Post By GreenFarmParts

Thread: Dealing with GFP

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    02-15-2018 @ 01:18 PM
    Thanks

Dealing with GFP

I ordered a SE seat from GFP. It was shipped quickly with good communication. It arrived quickly but had been damaged in transit. I called GFP (talked to Patrick) and a replacement was sent right away.

These guys are the real deal and deserve a shot at your business. Do yourself a favor and give them a chance.
    Last edited by RonS; 03-20-2013 at 06:42 PM.
    Kennyd, Gizmo2, T-Mo and 3 others like this.
    2520; JD ballast box; BX42 Chipper; BB2060 box blade; 200CX FEL; iMatch; JD 54" blower; SS1067B spreader; Ken's Grab Hooks; JD front and rear worklight kit c/w Artillian Worklight horse blinders; Artillian Forks; Artillian Caster Carts; X-series seat and suspension with upgraded springs; Piranha toothbar

X740 ; 60D 7-iron deck with mulch kit; Brinley Aerator; De-thatcher; Ohio Steel 920 lb. Roller; JD 25 gallon sprayer; Brinley 17p cart; Custom hazard lights

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RonS For This Useful Post:

dieselshadow (03-20-2013), Dingeryote (03-28-2013), Furu (03-21-2013), GreenFarmParts (03-21-2013), T-Mo (03-21-2013)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:17 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,026 Times in 2,508 Posts
    Great feedback Ron, we don't always hear when a vendor/supplier does something right!

So, I guess we will be seeing a custom seat thread from you soon?
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:11 PM
    Thanks

Thumbs up Green Farm Parts

I too have had good results buying from GFP. I ordered a grab handle and the wrong one was sent. They offered to issue a call tag and then send me the correct one. All at no cost to me.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zebrafive For This Useful Post:

GreenFarmParts (03-21-2013)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    02-15-2018 @ 01:18 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Great feedback Ron, we don't always hear when a vendor/supplier does something right!

So, I guess we will be seeing a custom seat thread from you soon?
    Well the SE seat upgrade on the X740 is pretty straight forward BUT I am going to attempt to put the suspension room the X on the 2520. I will document and post. Right now it looks like I have to weld up an adapter. Just took a welding course so I will find out how much attention I paid.
    dieselshadow likes this.
    2520; JD ballast box; BX42 Chipper; BB2060 box blade; 200CX FEL; iMatch; JD 54" blower; SS1067B spreader; Ken's Grab Hooks; JD front and rear worklight kit c/w Artillian Worklight horse blinders; Artillian Forks; Artillian Caster Carts; X-series seat and suspension with upgraded springs; Piranha toothbar

X740 ; 60D 7-iron deck with mulch kit; Brinley Aerator; De-thatcher; Ohio Steel 920 lb. Roller; JD 25 gallon sprayer; Brinley 17p cart; Custom hazard lights

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    09-08-2019 @ 10:14 AM
    Thanks
    OK, so while we are on the love boat with GFP, here's my experience. I had been looking for green handled shackle pins. Couldn't find them anywhere in brick/mortor stores, couldn't find many online stores that had them, but I did find the manufacturer, and then I found an online catalog from John Deere listing them with part numbers. So I went to GFP's website, but they were not listed. I was disappointed but kept looking. One day I was in their website again, but looking for something else, and I clicked on the chat window and got the person there and asked about the pins, by part number. She said, and I assume it was a she, oh yes, we have them, they just aren't listed on the website, do you want me to put them out there for you to order them? I said yes please, and no more than 3 minutes later, they were there. 3 days later they were in my hands.

So the moral of the story is, if you can't find it on their webpage, open the chat and ask, you may be as pleasantly surprised as I was.
    T-Mo, dieselshadow and Dingeryote like this.
    Randy
    New: 2017 JD 2032R. R3 turf, 220R FEL with Single Point, 7-iron 60D MMM, Artillian Diverter; 2019 Z740r
    Previous: 2012 JD 1026R, R3 turf, H-120 FEL, 7-iron 60D MMM
    Attached: EA Wicked 55 Grapple, iMatch, Heavyhitch w/8x42lb, JD BB5060L, JD LR5060L, JLF-2242 forks, Shaver 101 PHD, Countyline 48" rotary cutter
    Tow Behind: Trac-Vac 880, JD10 Cart, Countyline 25 ton splitter
    Stihl: MS180CB-E; MS391; HT101; FS110; HS81T; BR600 Magnum
    Critters: Bees, Chickens, Maremmas

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ransx77 For This Useful Post:

GreenFarmParts (03-27-2013)

11. Top | #6
    Last Online
    09-05-2019 @ 10:47 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the note. We try to keep our live chat open during business hours as much as possible. Some days we have extended hours too if I can't sleep!

With well over 400,000 parts online we do miss some, even with the monthly pricing updates from Deere. We are always happy to add a "missing part"!
    Green Farm Parts
    John Deere Parts, Accessories & Lifestyle Products
    Call us toll free at (877) 620-6070
    Email us: [email protected]

12. Top | #7
    Last Online
    09-08-2019 @ 10:14 AM
    Thanks
    I was so excited to get them, I think I even forgot to put the discount code in!! no big deal, I won't go hungry for the lack of a few cents!
    Randy
    New: 2017 JD 2032R. R3 turf, 220R FEL with Single Point, 7-iron 60D MMM, Artillian Diverter; 2019 Z740r
    Previous: 2012 JD 1026R, R3 turf, H-120 FEL, 7-iron 60D MMM
    Attached: EA Wicked 55 Grapple, iMatch, Heavyhitch w/8x42lb, JD BB5060L, JD LR5060L, JLF-2242 forks, Shaver 101 PHD, Countyline 48" rotary cutter
    Tow Behind: Trac-Vac 880, JD10 Cart, Countyline 25 ton splitter
    Stihl: MS180CB-E; MS391; HT101; FS110; HS81T; BR600 Magnum
    Critters: Bees, Chickens, Maremmas

13. Top | #8

Last Online
    09-02-2018 @ 09:17 PM
    Thanks
    I have a water pump coming tomorrow from GFP for my 2520. I can get at the local dealer quicker, but save $ by ordering thru GFP..
    GreenFarmParts likes this.

14. Top | #9
    Last Online
    09-11-2019 @ 01:31 PM
    Bloomingdale, NJ which is in the north east part of NJ
    Thanks
    I will add my experience with Jeff from GFP here as well. I did a big buy from them. I bought a canopy for my 990 with some wheel weights and I wanted to purchase a new ROPS and also many many other items. Jeff told me that he could not sell me the ROPS at any discount but would sell it for the normal JD list price. He said if I bought everything he would ship the ROPS for free as well. I found the ROPS at John Deere Lawn Mower Parts | John Deere Tractor Parts and they gave the same standard discount as GFP did and it was free shipping so I told Jeff I would buy from them. It obviously seemed like getting the ROPS was a real hassle for GFP. Some of the items I purchased from GFP were more expensive or I should say that they did not give as big of a discount off of the normal JD pricing and this was mainly with oil, both engine and hydraulic and also Antifreeze. I found very good prices at https://www.greenpartstore.com/ With this information I sent Jeff an email and asked him if he (GFP) would match those same prices and he said that they would.

The last item was that I had to purchase the only plastic/fiberglass part to my knowledge on my 990 and that was the front end of the hood. When I bought the tractor this was the only item that was broken. The original owner I guess when lifting up a bucket load of wood, probably to dump it into his dump truck, had one of the sticks of wood fall on the corner of it and break it. So I wanted to replace it. GFP sold it to me. My order arrived on the loading dock of my business all on one pallet very well packed. The shipping company that they use seemed to take care of it as well. I did a complete inventory on everything. It turned out that one or two items were missing but Jeff took care of those items and getting them shipped to me. When I opened up the box containing the piece (it opened from the ends and not from the top) which was a JD box all sealed with the hood item I slid it out. It was all wrapped in a foam type envelope. With examination I found that someone had sliced through the foam with what most likely was a utility knife and put a cut right down the front of it. It had to have occurred before it was put in the box because there was no damage in any way to the box. I contacted Jeff and sent him pictures for proof. After looking at them he told me that I should keep it and that they would take that charge off of my credit card. However he thought that it would be better for me to buy a new one from someone else due to shipping issues with this type of an item.

I know that this is a little long winded but I would say that GFP treated me very fairly and did a good job. There were part numbers that I was looking for and that were not listed on their web site but I sent a complete spreadsheet list to Jeff and he took care of everything and even looked up discontinued part numbers as well to see if he could acquire them for me. The service with GFP was excellent and I commend Jeff for his labor and how he took care of me. This was not just a one day transaction although that is what it finally turned out to be in the end but there were several weeks where I kept going back and forth with him adding items and removing items. I was seeking to be a good steward with my money and get the best price I could for the items I needed. However it is also right for the seller to make a righteous income as well. The Golden Rule comes into play for the seller as well as for the buyer.

So all and all I had a great experience with Jeff and GFP. They treated me well. I hope that this post gives a positive review for GFM.

P.S. I know that I might have put Jeff in a bind with the price matching that happened with me revealing that pricing break on this forum. I have no idea if he will price match. All I know is that he price matched for me and his reason might have been because of how large the order was. I am trying to be cautious with suggesting that GFP will match other dealer/distributors prices because no where do they state that that I know of on their website. So I would not expect him to do so. The one thing commendable was that he did it for me so I could get most all of it from one source and I appreciated that.

P.P.S One thing that I would do over again if I could and that is to buy the rear wheel weights at Lone Star Weights in Texas Lonestar Weights & Castings. Even with the shipping charges I could have saved a few $100 bills. I don't begrudge the fact that this happened. I now know where to look for wheel weights if I need more in the future.
    Last edited by robpm; 03-27-2013 at 08:28 PM.
    Rob

second owner of '05' John Deere 990 CUT with the following:
    JD 300CX FEL
    JD 8B BH
    JD PF
    Artillian PF with 2" reciever hitch adapter
    JD BB
    SpeeCo 3PH Wood Splitter
    Also an independent SplitFire Wood splitter

15. Top | #10
    Last Online
    09-05-2019 @ 10:47 AM
    Thanks
    Rob -

Thanks for the detailed review!

A few things to note which will hopefully clear things up:

• MOST of the time our prices are lower than anyone else for genuine parts
    • Our oil and lube prices are higher because of the Hazmat fees we pay UPS
    • We can generally match any legitimate advertised prices from other dealers. In your specific case on the oil we were glad to because of the size of your order and the fact that we were able to ship most everything together via truck
    • If folks have a large order like you did, we encourage them to email us for a custom quote!

We realize that it is just impossible to satisfy every customer 100% of the time, but we sure try our hardest. We've met a ton of great folks here at Green Tractor Talk and despite getting into our busy season we try to contribute on the forum as much as we can!
    dieselshadow, robpm, NEWT and 2 others like this.
    Green Farm Parts
    John Deere Parts, Accessories & Lifestyle Products
    Call us toll free at (877) 620-6070
    Email us: [email protected]

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenFarmParts For This Useful Post:

Dingeryote (03-28-2013)

17. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements