We need your help!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: We need your help!

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    06-05-2014 @ 02:22 PM
    Thanks

We need your help!

We love the small, google ad free forum that we have here. This community has some very intelligent individuals here and we need help to expand our forum. We would like to create a more active area that will help to raise or content level so we can help more people.

If you can, tell other people you know about Green Tractor Talk. Right now 95% of all people find us through people talking. We are not large enough to make it big in the search engines.

If you get the opportunity and its not against any rules, post a link back to us here. It will help us with search engines and maybe direct in some new friends.

If you have ideas on how to grow the site, post them up. We are open to any discussion on this.

Thank you for your support.

Brian

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    11-30-2013 @ 07:29 PM
    Thanks
    Been doing my best, I'm on over a dozen forums, everything from forestry to plowing. Send an email every time I come across a user who has, or wants a Deere!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    We love the small, google ad free forum that we have here. This community has some very intelligent individuals here and we need help to expand our forum. We would like to create a more active area that will help to raise or content level so we can help more people.

If you can, tell other people you know about Deere Talk. Right now 95% of all people find us through people talking. We are not large enough to make it big in the search engines.

If you get the opportunity and its not against any rules, post a link back to us here. It will help us with search engines and maybe direct in some new friends.

If you have ideas on how to grow the site, post them up. We are open to any discussion on this.

Thank you for your support.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    05-26-2019 @ 05:02 PM
    Thanks
    Has anyone approach a Deere dealer about having a business card like presence at the parts counter. I see a lot of local events and auctions listed there. Could be a pile of cards, could be a single card under glass.

If there was a way to see how a dealer would react to this, perhaps little DeereTalk cards could be printed and sent to members to put at their dealers?

Pete
    '09 JD4520 Cab (60HP), '97 KubotaB21 TLB (21HP), 400cx loader, MX6 rotary mower, SB1106 6' Sickle Bar, BB3272 6' box blade, GradeMaster 7' Landplane, Frontier AF11E Front Blade, 4' Pallet Forks, 6' landscape rake, ballast box, Woods GTC 40" tiller, PHD 9" auger, 4' x 8' chain harrow, '16 X755 (23HP Diesel) w/front PTO, 60" deck, 72" front blade, '90 JD318 (18HP gas) with 48" MM mower, 54" front blade, 47" snowblower.
    Volunteer Firefighter.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    08-04-2017 @ 04:58 AM
    Thanks
    dellwas told me about DeereTalk.com, I'll be glad to help encourage people to come here.

7. Top | #5
    glc
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Thanks
    We are not large enough to make it big in the search engines
    Well,I don't know about that Brian.
    In Google,if you search plain old tractor forums,no it doesn't hit,but if you search JD forums,DeereTalk is a hit.

Greg
    Greg from western pa

2009 2520
    FEL/61" HD bucket/replaceable cutting edge
    62D2 MMM
    IMatch Quick Hitch
    A "REAL" snow blade ---- JD 380A modded to fit
    Homemade 3PT Receiver
    Homemade Ballast Box
    Woods GB65 Box Blade

2019 JOHN DEERE X390 with 48" ACCEL DEEP DECK

MY 2520 SE SEAT MOD:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...d-for-the-2520

MY BALLAST BOX
    https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...llast-box.html

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    04-06-2011 @ 09:15 PM
    Thanks
    If it helps, Brian, I found out about this great site by typing in "John Deere Forums" in Google, and it appeared in the first 4-5 responses, so it's getting out there somehow

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    06-05-2014 @ 02:22 PM
    Thanks
    That does help. Thanks for letting us know.

Brian

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    11-26-2014 @ 11:15 PM
    Munfordville, Ky 42765 and Canmer ,Ky 42722
    Thanks
    When I first starter sweettractors.com, I took out the smallest classified ads I could in Progressive Farmer, Farm Journal, Mother Earth News, etc. I would put in a very basic (cheap) ad "New or used Farm equipment visit www.sweettractors.com." No phone # no business name. Just driving traffic to the website. We put our website URL on every outgoing piece of mail in the return address area. Put in all ads in local papers. Put URL on the side of the business trucks. Put free ads in all the free directory's. This was 12 years ago and it took 2-3 years to get search engine placement like we wanted it. We never paid anyone anything and still come up # 1 or 2 in every product that we want to feature. Hits currently run about 1000 per day. Never exchanged links with anyone. When I get a website visitor, I want to keep them there as long as possible (avg length of visit is currently about 3 minutes). I do not want to show him a link to jump to and then forgot how to get back to me. The Google people call me 1 or 2 times a year about placement of ads with them and the website optimizers call about every week. Don't need any of that stuff. I used common sense and optimized the website myself. Just my 2 cents. Ken Sweet

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    03-07-2013 @ 12:00 PM
    Thanks
    Will do what I can, I love this site.

Quote Originally Posted by sweettractors View Post
    When I first starter sweettractors.com, I took out the smallest classified ads I could in Progressive Farmer, Farm Journal, Mother Earth News, etc. I would put in a very basic (cheap) ad "New or used Farm equipment visit www.sweettractors.com." No phone # no business name. Just driving traffic to the website. We put our website URL on every outgoing piece of mail in the return address area. Put in all ads in local papers. Put URL on the side of the business trucks. Put free ads in all the free directory's. This was 12 years ago and it took 2-3 years to get search engine placement like we wanted it. We never paid anyone anything and still come up # 1 or 2 in every product that we want to feature. Hits currently run about 1000 per day. Never exchanged links with anyone. When I get a website visitor, I want to keep them there as long as possible (avg length of visit is currently about 3 minutes). I do not want to show him a link to jump to and then forgot how to get back to me. The Google people call me 1 or 2 times a year about placement of ads with them and the website optimizers call about every week. Don't need any of that stuff. I used common sense and optimized the website myself. Just my 2 cents. Ken Sweet
    I know this guy is a vendor, but he needs to get off his high horse. This is a forum, not an equipment sales place. Not everyone has money to throw at advertising. Starting my own business was hard, but you do a good job and word of mouth will get you far. My suggestion to you Ken, stop being a Jack.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    11-26-2014 @ 11:15 PM
    Munfordville, Ky 42765 and Canmer ,Ky 42722
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDogTrain View Post
    Will do what I can, I love this site.

I know this guy is a vendor, but he needs to get off his high horse. This is a forum, not an equipment sales place. Not everyone has money to throw at advertising. Starting my own business was hard, but you do a good job and word of mouth will get you far. My suggestion to you Ken, stop being a Jack.
    So far, I have not sold 1 piece of equipment to a Deeretalk member, however, that does not stop me from trying to help ad some content to help with relevance and search engine placement. The "getting started" post I made above was the exact same advice that I gave my oldest Son last fall when he started his website. It is working great for him. I send people to DeereTalk everyday and My other Son joined sometime ago. You may have misinterpreted my previous post, my emphasis is against spending lots of money. Ken Sweet

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast