Like Tree3225Likes

Thread: The Long Haul

1. Top | #271
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:07 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,550 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wentonbrown View Post
    Herm, I was to busy laughing most of the time! They were mostly all well behaved... I think they were scared the wives would have gone all crazy on them!

Gizmo2, rtgt, rydplrs and 8 others like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #272
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:09 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Hope you can read this:
    Jenny the wonder dog! Cheyenne didnt make it in the pic! Or the Mrs
    1025r with FILB, 60MMM, BH
    Frontier BB48
    County line 5ft rake
    Ken's seat springs
    BH steps
    My design cab step
    WR Long Flat toothbar
    Titan JDQA with 6ft plow

4. Top | #273
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:09 PM
    Thanks

Stuff

SulleyBear,

As I have told you in a pm, we can't Thank you enough for getting this all started and making it happen! Its been a long journey and tomorrow I start the next one with getting a whole new set of legs. Better all the way around from everything I have read and seen.

Anyway, the 2 K9 kids were able to come out and greet everyone but they were mostly inside because Jenny is a licker and Gene and anyone on the ground would have been trying to get away from her tongue! She can't keep it in her mouth! Cheyenne drives people nuts because she won't stop playing ball until she drops and she gets too hot and will drink too much water when she finally does stop. We have to tell her to stop drinking most of the time as she will drink a full bowl too fast and risk the chance of her stomach turning. Plus we had a big welcome home party on Sunday. They haven't moved much today as they played hard all day and night yesterday!

So a parts list for Betsy. Who has 527 hrs on her.
    Kens bolt on hooks and shackles
    Handle
    Slightly modified step
    Rops clamps
    Lights for the rops
    Led bulbs
    All new filters: fuel, air, and oil and hydraulic
    All oils changed and refilled
    Washed and waxed
    Receiver hitch
    Trash can hauler

So the big round lifting rings were installed when my neighbor welded my plow together. So he put those on and he beefed up the bottom of the bucket.

The top part of the rops isnt on at the moment but I have a feeling I will be putting it back on so I can use it to climb up on the bh. I have a few ideas about that.

Anyway, its been a long weekend and I can barely keep my eyes open. Thank you again for all that you have done SB!

Sincerely,

WB
    1025r with FILB, 60MMM, BH
    Frontier BB48
    County line 5ft rake
    Ken's seat springs
    BH steps
    My design cab step
    WR Long Flat toothbar
    Titan JDQA with 6ft plow

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wentonbrown For This Useful Post:

DRobinson (08-13-2019), etcallhome (08-13-2019), Gizmo2 (08-13-2019), Herminator (08-12-2019), Kennyd (08-13-2019), mark02tj (08-13-2019), SulleyBear (08-17-2019), Toughsox (08-13-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #274
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:28 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,898 Times in 2,874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post

Kenny is right.
    You did see what he wrote on my picture,,,right?

Quote Originally Posted by rydplrs View Post
    Am I the only one who wanted to ask if gizmo brought his own step stool?
    I tried to ignore that thought, but I’m reminded everytime I read this. BTW, I found this thread on Sunday....
    I did bring my step stool.
    I did not want to have to sharpen blades in side. With all the sparks I didn't want to burn the place down.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

8. Top | #275
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,238 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    You did see what he wrote on my picture,,,right?

I did bring my step stool.
    I did not want to have to sharpen blades in side. With all the sparks I didn't want to burn the place down.
    Yes I saw what Kenny wrote. I don't think Kenny has ever erred on GTT, so I just figured that he had to be right. You two had the chance to prove once and for all, but when I got the camera out, you both left the area.

Tuffsox, thank you so much for bringing all of the supplies. That is paying it forward in a big way. You are a generous man. Thanks again.

I think I can speak for everyone who was at WB's and say that all of us enjoyed the day. I met people that I never expected to meet in person and had a good time talking with everyone. It was a fun day. Of course, the best part was seeing WB smile when the tractor was finished. The real highlight of the day was when it was time to eat. Nothing better than burgers and hot dogs, especially with the peach cobbler for dessert. Yes, BigJim, I went off my reduced sugar diet to eat some.
    Kennyd, etcallhome, Gizmo2 and 7 others like this.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DRobinson For This Useful Post:

etcallhome (08-13-2019), Gizmo2 (08-13-2019), Kennyd (08-13-2019), Toughsox (08-13-2019)

10. Top | #276

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:10 PM
    Thanks
    Those pics of the nephew are pretty great, WB!!

And, again, a HUGE PAT ON THE BACK to all of those that helped WB out!!
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mark02tj For This Useful Post:

wentonbrown (08-13-2019)

12. Top | #277
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:38 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,362 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wentonbrown View Post
    SulleyBear,

As I have told you in a pm, we can't Thank you enough for getting this all started and making it happen! Its been a long journey and tomorrow I start the next one with getting a whole new set of legs. Better all the way around from everything I have read and seen.

Anyway, the 2 K9 kids were able to come out and greet everyone but they were mostly inside because Jenny is a licker and Gene and anyone on the ground would have been trying to get away from her tongue! She can't keep it in her mouth! Cheyenne drives people nuts because she won't stop playing ball until she drops and she gets too hot and will drink too much water when she finally does stop. We have to tell her to stop drinking most of the time as she will drink a full bowl too fast and risk the chance of her stomach turning. Plus we had a big welcome home party on Sunday. They haven't moved much today as they played hard all day and night yesterday!

So a parts list for Betsy. Who has 527 hrs on her.
    Kens bolt on hooks and shackles
    Handle
    Slightly modified step
    Rops clamps
    Lights for the rops
    Led bulbs
    All new filters: fuel, air, and oil and hydraulic
    All oils changed and refilled
    Washed and waxed
    Receiver hitch
    Trash can hauler

So the big round lifting rings were installed when my neighbor welded my plow together. So he put those on and he beefed up the bottom of the bucket.

The top part of the rops isnt on at the moment but I have a feeling I will be putting it back on so I can use it to climb up on the bh. I have a few ideas about that.

Anyway, its been a long weekend and I can barely keep my eyes open. Thank you again for all that you have done SB!

Sincerely,

WB
    WB,

Thanks for the detailed list, that was quite the work crew and all involved did an outstanding job. My contributions are so minimal in the scope of this wonderful project that I am embarrassed to be mentioned among such a group of great people. Wish I could have done more and that I am not 500 plus miles away......

Also, thank's for answering the questions I posed earlier about Cheyenne and Jenny. I certainly understand that sometimes, they can be more "help" than they realize and not everyone is always ready for such "assistance" from the K9 contributors.

Just glad that so much was accomplished, your tractor was given a servicing to help you keep going and enjoying it. We truly have a wonderful group of people here on GTT who are so thoughtful and considerate of others.......

For those who wondered how this thread ended up where it is, in the "Long Haul" category, back when we were all beginning to discuss ways to provide some assistance to WB and his wife and family, he was in the hospital and also participating here just as he always has on GTT. We wanted to be able to have a thread where we could talk about some ideas and ways to provide some assistance to WB and his lovely wife, but we didn't want to risk WB running into the thread or seeing it.

So, I contacted Diesel Shadow and asked him for some suggestions and if he could tell me where WB "never wandered" on the GTT thread. I think I also may have discussed this with Kenny and this is something which JDFOREVER and I discussed at length, including on the telephone. Greg, aka JDFOREVER was very instrumental in moving this entire process forward and I want to make sure his help is acknowledged. In fact, he prodded me at times when prodding was necessary and it kept everything moving forward. So Hat's Off to Greg, aka JDFOREVER, for his considerable help and assistance and focus on making sure this all kept proceeding ahead.

I don't recall how the "Towing Thread" was selected, but it was primarily because we were pretty sure we could carry on a discussion here and that maybe, WB wouldn't run across it. Then we started having this thread "Trend" it became so popular, so the GTT email sent out telling everyone to check out the "Long Haul" thread and we thought maybe we had blown it.......

But everything worked out great. There was a lot of people who also financially donated to provide assistance and some donated to WB's wife's online account (I think it was Paypal.me, if memory serves me, which sometimes, my memory doesn't, so excuse me if i got that detail incorrect) and many members also generously mailed checks of financial support directly to WB and his wife's address.

There have been many GTT members who have kindly helped and provided assistance to WB's family and to all, THANK YOU for your generosity and friendship to a fellow GTT member, a Veteran and a true Hero and our friends.

There has been a lot of help from many different people over much of this year and I certainly don't want the kindness and generosity of ANYONE who has helped to be overlooked.

Thanks to all who contributed in EVERY WAY to help WB and Mrs. WB and their family.....

Kennyd, etcallhome, Gizmo2 and 7 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

DRobinson (08-17-2019), etcallhome (08-23-2019), jdforever (08-17-2019), Kennyd (08-17-2019), Toughsox (08-17-2019), wentonbrown (08-18-2019)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28