Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree1290Likes

Thread: The Long Haul

1. Top | #71
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dianedebuda View Post
    SB, I'm really glad you contacted WB. I've been getting more and more concerned about this being a secret project. He and Georgette would be able to determine the most bang for the buck for them w.r.t. to effort and $. Plus they see that we really DO care at a time when I'm sure it's needed.

Are you SURE that donations won't be counted as income and not foul up what's supposed to be coming? But if the financial situation is really bad, may not matter. Suspect even $10 or $20 well-intentioned gifts from the multitudes here on GTT who having been following WB's posts would be welcome, but no one wants them to create an unexpected barrier.

Those who live close enough to actually help with time & labor are worth much, much more than the mere $ that we distant folk can send.

Been talking to the PT dept at my dad's place about challenges & directions often faced with new patients like WB. They're appalled at what I'm telling them about his VA treatment. There's a double amputee here with prosthetics that I talk to regularly that I think is about WB's age, but he's not all that motivated and sticks to his wheelchair most of the time - no where close to our WB's mental/emotional level.
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Diane - about finances you mention - maybe this is where gift cards as SB mentioned. It could be a Visa gift card of for specific stores like Lowe’s, etc. Amazon might be another good one - all we would need is his email address to send them electronically.
    Dianedebuda and Coaltrain,

I just sent an email to Sulley adressing this concern. I am personally sending a prepaid Mastercard/Visa along with my originally pledged grab bar when Kenny releases them. The small fee to activate the card will be absorbed by me at the time of purchase. No name on the card, no tracking, spend anywhere, on anything.

Thanks,
    Greg
    aka: jdforever
    DRobinson, Tomfive, rtgt and 9 others like this.
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian Quick-Tatch / Artillian pallet fork set/36" forks / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdforever For This Useful Post:

Herminator (04-18-2019), rtgt (04-18-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #72
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdforever View Post

I just sent an email to Sulley adressing this concern. I am personally sending a prepaid Mastercard/Visa along with my originally pledged grab bar when Kenny releases them. The small fee to activate the card will be absorbed by me at the time of purchase. No name on the card, no tracking, spend anywhere, on anything.

Thanks,
    Greg

Think I'll go that way as well.

Uncle Sam already taxed it when I earned it. No need for him to get a second bite.
    DRobinson, Tomfive, Levi and 8 others like this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rtgt For This Useful Post:

jdforever (04-18-2019)

6. Top | #73
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:28 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,090 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdforever View Post

Thanks,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgt View Post

Think I'll go that way as well.

Uncle Sam already taxed it when I earned it. No need for him to get a second bite.
    I am going to do the same thing - will need to PM SB for his address. And another reason I want to send a card through the mail - a handwritten note on real paper goes a long way with me.
    Tomfive, rtgt, Levi and 6 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is Power, Ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2 | Artillian 36" Forks w/Backrest | Markham Tooth Bar | iMatch Hitch | Heavy Hitch & Cart | Edge Tamers |
    My Personal Weather Station

7. The Following User Says Thank You to coaltrain For This Useful Post:

jdforever (04-18-2019)

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

9. Top | #74
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,184 Times in 1,231 Posts
    Fees
    Regarding Paypal fees, my understanding is the only fees are if there is a credit or debit card used to make the donation or gift to the Paypal account. It appears the credit card company charges Paypal (in some instances) and Paypal passes that along to the person making the gift who is using the card.

I spent HOURS last night reading all of the Pro's / Con's and Security concerns, etc. of the Peer to Peer or as it is often referred to P2P platform. Hey, I will admit, I am simple and like good old fashioned green backs for a variety of reasons. But in this case, its the best way to help another from a distance and to do it immediately.

Make sure you check with your account description (whether its Paypal or whomever / whatever you may use) regarding Fees. There are so many variations and rule exceptions for certain situations, there is no way I could summarize or even attempt to.

Security / Make sure the person you wants to get the money, does
    Herminator pointed something out I want to mention. If you are using Paypal or any other platform, make sure that you check the recipient so the right person gets the money. That's why I posted the link to the Paypal.me account.

His last name is Wenton, His wife Georgette has her Paypal account set up under Georgette Clark (perhaps maiden name I haven't asked) and they live in Stroudsburg, PA, so the Paypal account should show Georgette Clark in Stroudsburg, Pa and she also has her photo on the link, which is shown on my earlier posting.

Regarding Income Issues for the Recipient
    Under the U.S. Tax code, each person can make gifts to any other person up to their annual exclusion amount of $15,000 within a tax year and the gift is not taxable to the recipient. Please note, this is $15,000 PER DONOR to the recipient, not $15,000 in total to one person. The person receiving the money is not taxed on the money, the person making the gift doesn't get any sort of deduction. There are rules which apply when you give someone more than the $15k and if you need that information, contact me and I can explain it and how it has to be processed and filed.

This shouldn't have problematic consequences for the Wenton's. Some programs use available assets and "cash equivalent" accounts, but that's not something which should be of a concern when making the gift to help at this point.

Gift cards are a cash type of account and there is no formal tracking. However, if they are lost, it can be just like losing cash so that needs to be kept in mind when mailing, etc.

Regarding the various Equipment Modifications. etc.
    I want all of those to involve WB personally, so they are as beneficial as possible. He is the best judge of what to do, what not to do, etc. I will largely be removed from any of those activities and discussions. I was posting the list before because people wanted to avoid doing what might already have been done, etc. The list remains on this thread and I likely won't be updating it as there is really no need for me to be involved in the communication of those matters. Its best the person looking to help speak directly with WB via PM or on the threads. He might give me a cell number to pass along through PM's and if he does, I will provide it to those who need it.

Future plans......
    Well, I have some ideas and I have to think about them. To be perfectly frank, I would like to see the awareness of this situation grow and whether that's with a "Go Fund Me" approach, using the local media in his area and a number of other options, we will have to see.

I will tell you that I have a draft of a communication I am sending to John Deere Corporate, seeking some involvement from them and largely based upon the fact that WB is a U.S. Army Veteran, a John Deere owner and the extent and interest of those of us on GTT who are almost all John Deere owners and customers. I really don't want to say anything more. Let's just say I decided if I am going to be involved, I am going to jump in with both feet and do my best. And if that means "swinging for the fences", then that's what I will do..........

You will never know if you don't ask and you will never be told NO, if you don't ask......So, I am going to try and make my involvement in this as worthwhile as I can to WB and his wife.

I did have someone ask my why I am "bothering to get involved" to help someone I have never met....
    I do want to be clear that everything I am doing, is for the benefit of WB, his wife and their k9 kids. I expect nothing from this and I am seeking nothing for myself from these efforts and activities. I don't want any misunderstanding as to why I am involved in this. This is also why I don't want to be in the middle of any of the transfers, transactions, gifts or transfers of items, merchandise or money to them. I just want to try and obtain the greatest amount of assistance I can for them.

I will have succeeded when they have fewer financial worries and WB can focus on regaining his ability to walk with his new legs and get back out on Betsy. Someone did ask me why I was doing this, so I felt I should explain this. I guess it never occurred to me that one would think I had some type of "motive" here, other than to help. But, I guess you just never know what some people are thinking.................(if I already didn't have thick skin, i wouldn't have appreciated what their question was implying. But I learned a long time ago that there are always one or two.....)

Do you have Ideas which can help?
    If anyone has any ideas on ways to help WB and his wife, please don't be shy. Anything which can help them, I will certainly consider. Along with ideas, I always appreciate those who will actually undertake the investigation and research of such ideas as well as I am already up to my eyeballs in a number of things.

But this is important, so I am placing a higher priority on helping WB and his wife and their K9 kids. I don't need more things to do. If someone suggests "Maybe you should see if XYZ could or would help" feel free to contact XYZ and report back on your findings.

By no means, is this restricted to just these efforts. If others want to help in spreading the word and raising awareness, by all means, feel free to dive in. As long as the methods and message is consistent with the approach of full disclosure, honesty and no self dealing, let's give it a try. We want this to be completely transparent and something which is only helpful and never harmful in anyway.
    Last edited by SulleyBear; 04-18-2019 at 01:59 PM. Reason: correction

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

BigJim55 (04-19-2019), farmgirl19 (04-22-2019), Herminator (04-18-2019), HVACguy (04-19-2019), jdforever (04-18-2019), Jep (04-19-2019), Levi (04-19-2019), Spectre (04-19-2019)

11. Top | #75
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:11 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Herminator pointed something out I want to mention. If you are using Paypal or any other platform, make sure that you check the recipient so the right person gets the money. That's why I posted the link to the Paypal.me account.

Their last name is Wenton and they live in Stroudsburg, PA, so the Paypal account should show Georgette Wenton in Stroudsburg, Pa and she also has her photo on the link, which is shown on my earlier posting.
    When I go to your link, I see Georgette Clark, NOT Wenton. Is the posted Paypal link the correct one? Should it say Georgette Clark?
    rtgt, BigJim55, mark02tj and 4 others like this.

12. Top | #76
    Last Online
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Leroy View Post
    When I go to your link, I see Georgette Clark, NOT Wenton. Is the posted Paypal link the correct one? Should it say Georgette Clark?
    Yes, Georgette Clark is how she has the account set up, I think that may be her maiden name. But that is the link which WB sent me himself. I just got a PM from Georgette and her email account also uses the last name Clark and it came in WB's PM link here on GTT.

I confirmed with him it is correct and Yes, it is.

A test transfer was sent to the Georgette Clark Paypal link and WB responded to me he received it.

So yes, the Georgette Clark is correct in Stroudsburg, PA for the Paypal Link....

Thanks for asking, I appreciate it.
    DRobinson, rtgt, Levi and 6 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

jdforever (04-18-2019)

14. Top | #77
    Last Online
    Thanks
    WB and Georgette are providing me with personal background details to help me "tell the whole story". Two quick points,

Number one, Georgette has a birthday in 10 days......(she said in a week and a half, so I will assume it's April 28th until I hear differently) and she is going to be the BIG 4 / 0......(many women really don't like that threshold for some reason.... I know Mrs. Bear has been 29 now for as many years..... and don't tell her I told you)

Number Two - WB is a Virgo, like me and he is presently 48 years of age.......

Their dogs names are Jenny who is 11.5 and who is a lab and Cheyenne, who is 5.5 years young and the Shepherd. Both of their birthdays are in December..

WB and Georgette have been married since October 2015 and together now for 6 years.

Oh, and Betsy (the 1025r) has 400 hours on the clock.......

Thank You to everyone who has responded and who is helping.
    DRobinson, rtgt, Levi and 5 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

BigJim55 (04-19-2019), jdforever (04-18-2019), Levi (04-19-2019), Spectre (04-19-2019)

16. Top | #78
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Thanks
    Fees
    Regarding Paypal fees, my understanding is the only fees are if there is a credit or debit card used to make the donation or gift to the Paypal account. It appears the credit card company charges Paypal (in some instances) and Paypal passes that along to the person making the gift who is using the card.

I spent HOURS last night reading all of the Pro's / Con's and Security concerns, etc. of the Peer to Peer or as it is often referred to P2P platform. Hey, I will admit, I am simple and like good old fashioned green backs for a variety of reasons. But in this case, its the best way to help another from a distance and to do it immediately.

Make sure you check with your account description (whether its Paypal or whomever / whatever you may use) regarding Fees. There are so many variations and rule exceptions for certain situations, there is no way I could summarize or even attempt to.

His last name is Wenton, His wife Georgette has her Paypal account set up under Georgette Clark (perhaps maiden name I haven't asked) and they live in Stroudsburg, PA, so the Paypal account should show Georgette Clark in Stroudsburg, Pa and she also has her photo on the link, which is shown on my earlier posting.

Regarding Income Issues for the Recipient
    Under the U.S. Tax code, each person can make gifts to any other person up to their annual exclusion amount of $15,000 within a tax year and the gift is not taxable to the recipient. Please note, this is $15,000 PER DONOR to the recipient, not $15,000 in total to one person. The person receiving the money is not taxed on the money, the person making the gift doesn't get any sort of deduction. There are rules which apply when you give someone more than the $15k and if you need that information, contact me and I can explain it and how it has to be processed and filed.

This shouldn't have problematic consequences for the Wenton's. Some programs use available assets and "cash equivalent" accounts, but that's not something which should be of a concern when making the gift to help at this point.

Gift cards are a cash type of account and there is no formal tracking. However, if they are lost, it can be just like losing cash so that needs to be kept in mind when mailing, etc.

Regarding the various Equipment Modifications. etc.
    I want all of those to involve WB personally, so they are as beneficial as possible. He is the best judge of what to do, what not to do, etc. I will largely be removed from any of those activities and discussions. I was posting the list before because people wanted to avoid doing what might already have been done, etc. The list remains on this thread and I likely won't be updating it as there is really no need for me to be involved in the communication of those matters. Its best the person looking to help speak directly with WB via PM or on the threads. He might give me a cell number to pass along through PM's and if he does, I will provide it to those who need it.

Future plans......
    Well, I have some ideas and I have to think about them. To be perfectly frank, I would like to see the awareness of this situation grow and whether that's with a "Go Fund Me" approach, using the local media in his area and a number of other options, we will have to see.

I will tell you that I have a draft of a communication I am sending to John Deere Corporate, seeking some involvement from them and largely based upon the fact that WB is a U.S. Army Veteran, a John Deere owner and the extent and interest of those of us on GTT who are almost all John Deere owners and customers. I really don't want to say anything more. Let's just say I decided if I am going to be involved, I am going to jump in with both feet and do my best. And if that means "swinging for the fences", then that's what I will do..........

You will never know if you don't ask and you will never be told NO, if you don't ask......So, I am going to try and make my involvement in this as worthwhile as I can to WB and his wife.

I did have someone ask my why I am "bothering to get involved" to help someone I have never met....
    I do want to be clear that everything I am doing, is for the benefit of WB, his wife and their k9 kids. I expect nothing from this and I am seeking nothing for myself from these efforts and activities. I don't want any misunderstanding as to why I am involved in this. This is also why I don't want to be in the middle of any of the transfers, transactions, gifts or transfers of items, merchandise or money to them. I just want to try and obtain the greatest amount of assistance I can for them.

I will have succeeded when they have fewer financial worries and WB can focus on regaining his ability to walk with his new legs and get back out on Betsy. Someone did ask me why I was doing this, so I felt I should explain this. I guess it never occurred to me that one would think I had some type of "motive" here, other than to help. But, I guess you just never know what some people are thinking.................(if I already didn't have thick skin, i wouldn't have appreciated what their question was implying. But I learned a long time ago that there are always one or two.....)

Do you have Ideas which can help?
    If anyone has any ideas on ways to help WB and his wife, please don't be shy. Anything which can help them, I will certainly consider. Along with ideas, I always appreciate those who will actually undertake the investigation and research of such ideas as well as I am already up to my eyeballs in a number of things.

But this is important, so I am placing a higher priority on helping WB and his wife and their K9 kids. I don't need more things to do. If someone suggests "Maybe you should see if XYZ could or would help" feel free to contact XYZ and report back on your findings.

By no means, is this restricted to just these efforts. If others want to help in spreading the word and raising awareness, by all means, feel free to dive in. As long as the methods and message is consistent with the approach of full disclosure, honesty and no self dealing, let's give it a try. We want this to be completely transparent and something which is only helpful and never harmful in anyway.
    Excellent post and a great idea about contacting Deere, really great. I also sent a test to the link that you posted a couple days ago and he confirmed it was good and he received it. I decided to mail a check because even though I have a balance in my paypal account it would not let me use it for the PayPal me. It only gave the option of credit card or from my bank account. I wanted to come from another account and I didn’t want to pay fee’s either.

Thank you for all your hard work. Damn, you do a good job of explaining things on a level we can all understand. I don’t think anyone one here would expect you or want to be in the middle of the finances involved themselves either. He communicates very well when I asked for information and it is best for each person pm him directly.

By the way I appreciate yours and jdforever’s work to get this going. I think many of us were thinking of something like this but you guys got on it and made it happen.

To the rest of you. What a great group
    Last edited by Herminator; 04-18-2019 at 06:27 PM.
    DRobinson, Tomfive, rtgt and 8 others like this.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Herminator For This Useful Post:

BigJim55 (04-19-2019), DRobinson (04-18-2019), jdforever (04-18-2019), Spectre (04-19-2019), SulleyBear (04-18-2019)

18. Top | #79

Last Online
    Today @ 10:39 AM
    Thanks
    Regarding Income Issues for the Recipient Under the U.S. Tax code...
    After having to jump the hoops to get my dad qualified for Medicaid, I was more thinking about income w.r.t. any program(s) that he might qualify for beyond what the VA claims to be doing.

I did have someone ask my why I am "bothering to get involved" to help someone I have never met.... I do want to be clear that everything I am doing, is for the benefit of WB, his wife and their k9 kids. I expect nothing from this and I am seeking nothing for myself from these efforts and activities.
    Don't believe this for a sec. You know you will get the reward of satisfaction from easing the path for someone so focused on seeing his life as glass half full. Some things are priceless...

I'd be willing send you an Atta-Boy certificate as thanks from all of us just as a bonus.
    Last edited by dianedebuda; 04-18-2019 at 08:16 PM.
    DRobinson, Tomfive, rtgt and 9 others like this.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to dianedebuda For This Useful Post:

SulleyBear (04-18-2019)

20. Top | #80
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Please note, I sent a PM to everyone who has expressed a desire to help WB and Mrs. WB. It just went out a few minutes ago. If you received it in error, please forgive me.

It seems that all of my messages went out with the exception of GTT Member BIG. He needs to clear out some prior PM's to be able to receive any new messages. Thanks for taking the actions needed to receive new messages.

Well, time for me to sign off for the night. More work tomorrow.....

Thanks again to all who are helping WB during these very challenging times.................I sincerely appreciate it.
    DRobinson, Levi, BigJim55 and 6 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab

21. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast