Can Haul NEED HAULED: John Deere No. 5 mower from Eldorado Wi.
Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By JustinHEMI
  • 4 Post By J3 Driver
  • 2 Post By Randog
  • 4 Post By mark02tj
  • 3 Post By JustinHEMI

Thread: NEED HAULED: John Deere No. 5 mower from Eldorado Wi.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 08:40 AM
    Thanks

NEED HAULED: John Deere No. 5 mower from Eldorado Wi.

Ignore the thread prefix, it allowed me to only select "CAN HAUL," but I'm looking for help for hauling a JD No. 5 mower from Eldorado Wi.

I'm in Western, PA, and it's about a 10 hour drive for me, which I don't mind making, but I'm not sure I want to drive nearly 24 hours for a mower. However, it is apparently set up to work with my H, so I'll make the drive if it comes down to it.

I thought I would check here to see if anyone happens to be travelling from out that way towards me. I'm willing to meet up anywhere to cut down the drive. If not, i'll just buckle down and make the trek. :D

Thanks!

Justin
    BigJim55 and Herminator like this.
    2019 2038R, dual rear vavles, power beyond, 220R loader, 57" HD bucket, iMatch, R3+ tires, JD premium LED light kit, wheel spacers, Artillian diverter, EA wicked root grapple, Heavy Hitch "flexible ballast" and bolt on toothbar, Ken's extended iMatch hook and loader grip, Titan forks, Woods BB60X rotary cutter, CRI stump bucket, Fit Rite hydraulics top link.

1940 John Deere H with PTO, hand start.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:04 PM
    West of Carlisle PA, At the base of the Mountains
    Thanks
    Fastenal shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    1998 955, 70A Loader, 54 Blade, 72 Deck
    1995 F525
    1957 Farmall Cub - Technically belongs to my son.

If it ain't broke, You're not trying. - Red Green

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:54 PM
    Thanks
    After reading your post, I stumbled across this. Not sure if this is for your "H"

https://wausau.craigslist.org/grd/d/...695119855.html

Located 2 hours Northwest of Eldorado.

May give you some negotiating power.

Good luck!
    Herminator and JustinHEMI like this.
    2016 1025R FILB: Loaded R4's - 72# Starters - 60" MMM - Mechanical lift - 260 BH - H120 - 53" bucket - Ballast box - 647 Tiller - JD 40 gal 3 pt sprayer
    2003 X595: R3's - 62C MMM - 3 pt hitch - 47" blower - 80 cart - Brinly 24x36 roller - Parker lawn sweeper - 10 suitcase weights
    1994 445: Sold
    2004 X485 AWS:
    Sold

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J3 Driver View Post
    Fastenal shipping.
    Yup - this! ^^^^^

I bought a snow blade for my FEL last year from a GTT member in NY. Shipping a 6' blade from NY to OH was $200. The seller put the blade on a skid (which the local Fastenal actually provided - but this isn't a normal part of their service. The local store just happened to have an oversized skid in the warehouse and very generously said we could use it.), strapped it down and Fastenal took it from there. I don't remember if I paid for it in advance or paid them when I went to pick it up. Regardless, the seller didn't have to pay for the shipping - it's the recipient.

It was 4 or 5 days in transit. I got a call from the local store when it got there and I took my truck and trailer over there to pick it up.

My only "complaint" is that I couldn't get them to ship it to a local store in a part of town that I go to on a regular basis. That store isn't set up to accept these shipments. But it was shipped to another local store that was the same distance away, just in the opposite direction from where I do a lot of other personal business. Overall, a very inexpensive, simple and painless process.

3PL (Third Party Logistics) | Fastenal)
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 08:40 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Randog View Post
    After reading your post, I stumbled across this. Not sure if this is for your "H"

https://wausau.craigslist.org/grd/d/...695119855.html

Located 2 hours Northwest of Eldorado.

May give you some negotiating power.

Good luck!
    Nice. He wants only 250 because it's not restored but is functional. Thanks for finding that!
    BigJim55, mark02tj and Herminator like this.
    2019 2038R, dual rear vavles, power beyond, 220R loader, 57" HD bucket, iMatch, R3+ tires, JD premium LED light kit, wheel spacers, Artillian diverter, EA wicked root grapple, Heavy Hitch "flexible ballast" and bolt on toothbar, Ken's extended iMatch hook and loader grip, Titan forks, Woods BB60X rotary cutter, CRI stump bucket, Fit Rite hydraulics top link.

1940 John Deere H with PTO, hand start.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements