• 3 Post By 9MMMAC
  • 1 Post By Loner

Thread: Why did I wait so long to order a Heavy Hitch

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-07-2019 @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks

Why did I wait so long to order a Heavy Hitch

The Adirondacks is a rocky environment. Every year, I think I have our front meadow clear of offending rocks, and every spring the brush hog clips new ones that the winter has pushed up just enough.
    I wanted a Heavy Hitch for a long time, but other items always seemed to come first. Anyway, this year, my war on rocks took precedence, so I ordered a Super Duty Heavy Hitch, cart and subsoiler attachment. Threw it on the Quick Hitch with no weights on the Heavy Hitch, as I knew I'd need all the lifting power on the 3PH I could get.
    Centered the rear wheels over the first offender.. now, like an iceberg, only a very small portion of the rock protrudes from the ground, so it could be anything from a fist sized rock, to a Volkswagen... backed up about a yard behind the rock and dropped the hitch. Pull forward slowly and watch the subsoiler easily bury itself. Come up against the rock, hopefully reasonably centered, raise the hitch and roll forward slowly. I was absolutely stunned how easily massive rocks popped from the ground, without any digging or shovel work whatsoever. I was like a kid in a candy store! It was so easy, I pulled seven more that first day. An added bonus is that the land is disrupted very little by all of this .. much less than when a friend was over with a good sized track hoe. Admittedly, he could handle a bit larger sizes than I could, but not by all that much before he had one track off the ground, but he is a highly experienced operator.
    So, my Heavy Hitch purchase earned it's keep around my place on the very first day! Pulling rocks is easy .. finding soil for backfill much less easy, and much more time consuming.

My only regret? That I didn't buy the Heavy Hitch and subsoiler combination years before this. I'm so impressed with it I'm busily thinking up more ways I can use this tool... It takes the place of a Ballast box, provides an easy way to move the trailer around, and more I've got a mind to do with it! I found ten 3113 weights for $.50 a pound, painting them Kubota ROPS gray, and I'll also be ready for a few town parades..

BTW, sorry this is Orange, but I respect my Green friends and this board.. where I always come for good info!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Thanks
    That's a nice gadget you have there. I wish I had boulders like that to pick out.
    Gizmo2, BigJim55, Loner and 1 others like this.
    2016 JD 3025
    2016 D160XLV front endLoader with bucket
    2016 Frontier GM1060E finish mower
    2017 Frontier Fixed Pallet Forks (AP12F)
    55" Wicked root grapple from Everything Attachments
    WR Long 3rd function kit

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kusa View Post
    That's a nice gadget you have there. I wish I had boulders like that to pick out.
    I'd be more than happy to send some of mine!

Were it not for rocks like this, the Adirondacks would be in a huge valley!!
    BigJim55 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Thanks
    You need a large catapult.
    BigJim55 and Loner like this.
    2016 JD 3025
    2016 D160XLV front endLoader with bucket
    2016 Frontier GM1060E finish mower
    2017 Frontier Fixed Pallet Forks (AP12F)
    55" Wicked root grapple from Everything Attachments
    WR Long 3rd function kit

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 01:53 PM
    Thanks
    Interesting. Brave to bring an orange tractor to the green website!

I got Frontier stuff (tiller) and an i-Match hitch financed with the tractor. I think Land Pride works through Kubota the same way. Am I correct? And those boulders are old glacial deposits? They are big...

My Heavy Hitch is more for the tilling, but I'm thinking about a ripper tooth if the bushes/small trees give me any fuss this fall. HH is a super, super company with a fine product lineup. I'm glad they could get you something that helps your work. I fully understand about the land disruption and I'm happy to see you got the process down now!
    BigJim55, Loner and PJR832 like this.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MMMAC View Post
    Interesting. Brave to bring an orange tractor to the green website!

I got Frontier stuff (tiller) and an i-Match hitch financed with the tractor. I think Land Pride works through Kubota the same way. Am I correct? And those boulders are old glacial deposits? They are big...

My Heavy Hitch is more for the tilling, but I'm thinking about a ripper tooth if the bushes/small trees give me any fuss this fall. HH is a super, super company with a fine product lineup. I'm glad they could get you something that helps your work. I fully understand about the land disruption and I'm happy to see you got the process down now!
    Yes, I read here quite a bit but don't post much because I'm Orange. My Green friends have a very nice forum here .. One you can be proud of! My wish is that Orange one day has a similar one .. just as friendly.

I was buying Land Pride before Kubota acquired them .. a good addition in my opinion, but yes, LP makes nice products.

The Heavy Hitch surprised me with it's build quality, finish, utility and versatility. At this point in time, I now don't know how I got along without it for so long!

P.S., yes glacial deposits. There's one in the woods out back that, if hollowed out, I could live in!
    Last edited by Loner; 08-11-2017 at 04:35 PM.
    Heavy Hitch likes this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,963 Times in 2,475 Posts
    Welcome to GTT Loner
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

Loner (08-11-2017)

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements