Finally got a day to get this thing out and give it a shot to see what the 1025R would do with it. I got to install it and see how it looked over a week ago, but frozen ground didn't allow for play.
Finally thawed out and not overly muddy, so I put it to the test. I've gotta say, I'm impressed! In less than an hour I managed to dig out two stumps that I'm certain wouldn't have come out without it. I've dug out several with just the FEL and it tooks hours on end.
This thing cut right through the rocky dirt I have and was able to rip some of the roots I'd have had to cut by hand previous to having it. I was starting to wonder if I'd break a tooth off, but I figure I bought it to work, so let's see what happens.
I'm finding it takes a different approach than working the loader without one. I'm also going to have to adjust to using the blade of the loader to back-drag and being able to scrap where I'm digging, but I'm sure I'll get to that point.
I had to quit due to a little shower coming through, but plan on getting back to it in a bit. I have a larger stump I'm working on now that's taking some finer work where I can't just muscle it out like the others I did earlier. Having to work around the larger roots as I go.
My only gripe so far is I didn't get this thing when I got the tractor.
If anyone's got any tips/tricks for working with a toothbar or adjusting to it, I'm all ears.