Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Toothbar put to work

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-26-2019 @ 10:46 PM
    Thanks

Toothbar put to work

Finally got a day to get this thing out and give it a shot to see what the 1025R would do with it. I got to install it and see how it looked over a week ago, but frozen ground didn't allow for play.

Finally thawed out and not overly muddy, so I put it to the test. I've gotta say, I'm impressed! In less than an hour I managed to dig out two stumps that I'm certain wouldn't have come out without it. I've dug out several with just the FEL and it tooks hours on end.

This thing cut right through the rocky dirt I have and was able to rip some of the roots I'd have had to cut by hand previous to having it. I was starting to wonder if I'd break a tooth off, but I figure I bought it to work, so let's see what happens.

I'm finding it takes a different approach than working the loader without one. I'm also going to have to adjust to using the blade of the loader to back-drag and being able to scrap where I'm digging, but I'm sure I'll get to that point.

I had to quit due to a little shower coming through, but plan on getting back to it in a bit. I have a larger stump I'm working on now that's taking some finer work where I can't just muscle it out like the others I did earlier. Having to work around the larger roots as I go.

My only gripe so far is I didn't get this thing when I got the tractor.

If anyone's got any tips/tricks for working with a toothbar or adjusting to it, I'm all ears.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0387.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	532354

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Thanks

I got a Heavy Hitch toothbar for Christmas , but haven't had a chance to install it and use it yet. I'm looking forward to responses to this one, too!

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Leroy View Post

I got a Heavy Hitch toothbar for Christmas , but haven't had a chance to install it and use it yet. I'm looking forward to responses to this one, too!
    I tell you what, I wish I'd had this months ago. I got the tractor last spring and started working on digging out a bunch of the stumps that were cut down to ground level in between other work around the place.

This thing dug up one that would have taken me several hours in about 30 minutes. The ability to use the teeth to lift up and even break some of the roots was awesome compared to just a flat blade on the loader.

The one I'm working on now I've managed to get about a 8' circle dug around it trying to get down to the lower roots that are keeping it in. That'd have taken a long time without it, too. Had to do that on a couple last year and it took forever it seemed like. This is the one where I do like having the flat front of the loader to kinda rake against the stump and pull some dirt out, but I'll adjust and figure out other ways around that.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Thanks
    I have cut a road through my woods with this tooth bar. Let me tell you, it did awesome. I had all sorts of tree roots, wild grape vine, and tons of rock. Several rocks were several hundred pounds. Haven’t as much as chipped a tooth on this thing. It is tough as nails. A couple of my tightening screws have came loose, no big deal. Need to locktite them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D9DED44C-C369-4F40-8F08-FD52EED227E3.jpg   9AF882D3-8C4A-40D6-A1F4-2711CB54298B.jpg  
    2017 2038R 220R loader
    Frontier 72” rear blade
    Frontier 60” box blade
    Frontier 65” tiller
    Frontier subsoiler
    Frontier 60” landplane
    Frontier 42” pallet forks
    Frontier 72” RC 2072
    HH toothbar KBOH’s bucket hooks
    2017 X580
    Model 80 trailer

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 Times in 1,199 Posts
    I too have the HH toothbar, what an amazing difference it made, especially for these small tractors. Bought my tractor last April and waited until fall to buy the toothbar only regret is the same as yours, wish I had it sooner.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MRedshaw View Post

My only gripe so far is I didn't get this thing when I got the tractor.

If anyone's got any tips/tricks for working with a toothbar or adjusting to it, I'm all ears.

Name:	KIMG0387.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	532354
    My tip is: Treat it as roughly as you would like, I do not think you can break it.

The main thing I try to avoid is extreme prying with one corner. Always a bit fearful of bending the loader booms.
    One other thing, don't "RAM INTO" stuff at full speed. You can tear up anything with speed.

With those caveats, work it hard...as you've seen that I have done in our videos.
    Heavy Hitch, rtgt, Levi and 9 others like this.
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Thanks
    Ordered mine today, between Tim's videos and reviews on here it's a no brainer. Seems as if these tractors should be sold with one of these installed already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Heavy Hitch, rtgt, Levi and 5 others like this.
    2017 1025R with 120R and 54"mmm

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    The more I use this thing, the more I'm impressed.

Got home from training today and installed some auxiliary lights I had ordered. There was still some daylight so I figured I'd try another stump. 30 minutes and had two out. Not huge ones, but they were about 6-8" diameter and about 8-10 of roots it ripped out.

I can't wait to see how she does with some of the bigger ones.

I just need to slow down enough with work and stuff that I can get out and play a bit.
    Heavy Hitch, rtgt, Levi and 5 others like this.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Thanks
    I’m with Tim. I worry more about my loader arms or bucket than the toothbar. It’s the toughest link in the chain. In my limited experience since having the tractor, prying heavy weight with the corner of the bucket or toothbar is the riskiest move. And I don’t ram anything at speed. Just seems like a bad idea.
    Heavy Hitch, rtgt, Levi and 4 others like this.
    2017 2038R 220R loader
    Frontier 72” rear blade
    Frontier 60” box blade
    Frontier 65” tiller
    Frontier subsoiler
    Frontier 60” landplane
    Frontier 42” pallet forks
    Frontier 72” RC 2072
    HH toothbar KBOH’s bucket hooks
    2017 X580
    Model 80 trailer

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    I have to brag on this thing again. I have a bunch of hedge on my place and I absolutely hate hedge. I'm leaving some of the bigger ones away from the house, but the ones close are going.

This sucker (about 15' tall or so) was one of my sacrifices. This tooth bar and tractor ripped at least 10' of root out. Took me less than 10 minutes to get it out and in the burn pile.

Impressed as hell with this tooth bar.

Name:	20180303_124017.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	157.6 KB 
ID:	561905
    PaDave, rtgt, mark02tj and 4 others like this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast