HH Toothbar.....what am I doing wrong??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree291Likes

Thread: HH Toothbar.....what am I doing wrong???

1. Top | #21
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Thanks
    I just don't see how this could happen. I have pried, pulled, and pushed this toothbar every which way possible. I've had it off and on many times. I don't get very serious when tightening. I snug them, but not '40 lbs'.

I would love to see a photo of the type of prying you are doing. Some sort of 'action shot' or video would be great.

Tim
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #22
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:24 AM
    Thanks
    Something doesnít seem right here. I too have a HH tooth bar and have never had it come loose. Mine has been used in wooded areas,so itís seen itís share of roots and stumps. Are you sure the set screws are tightening down on the bucket ? Iím thinking the set screws maybe missing the bucket, either by the tooth bar being installed incorrectly or a defective tooth bar. I have only removed mine a few times. I needed to help it off with a few hammer taps . I used a 3/8 impact wrench, so may have over tightened mine.
    Levi, BigJim55, PJR832 and 1 others like this.
    Eric

2011 1026R / H120 / 60D auto-connect, independent-lift mmm / 54" snowblower / 4' KK Pro rotary mower / KK 4' tiller

4. Top | #23
    Last Online
    08-04-2019 @ 09:27 PM
    Thanks
    I don't have any action shots of it in action, but basically I am digging down into the dirt in front of the stump then trying to curl the bucket up. My set screws are set way above 40 lbs and they are even below the surface of the toothbar. I may have had some dirt on the cutting edge before I put it on the first time, so I cleaned it all before placing the bar back on. I am hoping this is the issue.
    I will say this only happens when using it very hard and not really in a way that it is designed for so I can't complain on that. It really is a good investment and takes the bucket to a whole different level as far as performance. I definitely recommend this for any 1025R owner.
    Next on my list is some forks, just don't have the room to store all the toys!
    Levi, Tractor Tim and PJR832 like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #24
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:10 PM
    Thanks
    Iíve got over 400 hrs on my HH toothbar I use on my 2025R. I am constantly prying with it as I remove very large stumps (24Ē+) and boulders from my property. If Iím honest, Iíd classify it more abuse than use...my toothbar is as tight on the bucket today as it was the day I installed it, and Iíve never once had to retighten any of the set screws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Levi, BigJim55, PJR832 and 1 others like this.
    -2015 John Deere 2025R
    w/R4's and 2.5 " wheel spacers front and rear, FEL, Imatch QH, Ballast Box
    270 A backhoe

7. Top | #25

Last Online
    Today @ 07:11 PM
    Thanks
    I kinda wonder if all that installation torque has yielded the metal and it just keeps bending more and more as he uses it?
    BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

8. Top | #26
    Last Online
    10-08-2018 @ 10:05 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by so2315 View Post
    I don't have any action shots of it in action, but basically I am digging down into the dirt in front of the stump then trying to curl the bucket up. My set screws are set way above 40 lbs and they are even below the surface of the toothbar. I may have had some dirt on the cutting edge before I put it on the first time, so I cleaned it all before placing the bar back on. I am hoping this is the issue.
    I will say this only happens when using it very hard and not really in a way that it is designed for so I can't complain on that. It really is a good investment and takes the bucket to a whole different level as far as performance. I definitely recommend this for any 1025R owner.
    Next on my list is some forks, just don't have the room to store all the toys!
    I can say I've run into the same issue with the HH toothbar. Immediately after installing it I tried digging up some rocks in my soil and it came off. I put it back on, tightened it as hard as I could, dug some more, and it popped off again. I put it back on a third time, and am waiting until I have time to bolt it on before I dig anymore rocks.
    Last edited by FarmerFinn; 08-23-2018 at 08:57 PM.

9. Top | #27
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerFinn View Post
    I can say I've run into the same issue with the HH toothbar. Immediately after installing it I tried digging up some rocks in my soil and it came off. I put it back on, tightened it as hard as I could, dug some more, and it popped off again. I put it back on a third time, and am waiting until I have time to bolt it on before I dig anymore rocks.
    Could you post a couple of pictures of it mounted on the bucket? Fairly close ups?

Thanks!
    Levi, BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

10. Top | #28
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:54 AM
    Thanks
    I donít own one, but it sounds like that the toothbar might not be seated all the way back on the cutting edge of the bucket. If there is a gap between the cutting edge and the toothbar, I would think the bar would eventually work loose with some heavy work. Itís just a thought........
    BigJim55, Tractor Tim and PJR832 like this.
    2012 JD2520 R4's.
    200CX Loader, 49" bucket
    Imatch quick hitch
    King Kutter 60" tiller
    Howse 60" Box blade
    Howse 16" Single bottom plow
    Dirt Dog 5 Shank Chisel Plow (60")
    Homemade 3pt suitcase weight hitch
    Homemade 3pt 1 row disc hiller
    Homemade (6) shank toothbar
    (4) 2" Motorsports Wheel Spacers
    (7) 70lb suitcase weights
    Ken's bolt on hooks
    Titan 42" pallet forks

11. Top | #29
    Last Online
    05-04-2019 @ 09:21 AM
    Thanks
    Hopefully this issue gets worked out and solved before I purchase one.
    PJR832 likes this.
    2014 1023e John Deere
    H120 Loader
    60" Auto-connect mower deck w/JD mulching kit
    49" Frontier Tiller 1149
    47" John Deere 2 stage snow eater
    48" Titan forks

12. Top | #30
    Last Online
    08-04-2019 @ 09:27 PM
    Thanks
    Click image for larger version.†

Name:	20180825_152235_resized.jpg†
Views:	18†
Size:	1.87 MB†
ID:	645138
    Click image for larger version.†

Name:	20180825_152242_resized.jpg†
Views:	18†
Size:	1.71 MB†
ID:	645136
    Here are photos of my tooth bar installed. Unlike most I have seen, my bolts are counter sunk more than the others. When I first got this, I did not use a torque wrench and I really tightened them down. I would like to think that the material is thick enough on the shank that the teeth slide onto that it would not bend or spread out due from the force of the allen bolt. The paint is not cracked showing movement of the metal.
    Greg did send me a new bolt and a quick explanation that over torquing may actually increase the chance of the bar popping off, which makes sense to me as I have seen this before trying to clamp up item that are not exactly flush.
    Got a torque wrench from Harbor Freight and torqued them to 40 lbs per Gregs instructions. Just don't have any projects to "dig into".
    ejb69, Levi, BigJim55 and 3 others like this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast