• 3 Post By Tractor Tim
  • 2 Post By Levi

Thread: (Video) Heavy Hitch Quick attach front weight bracket in use

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:34 PM
    Thanks

(Video) Heavy Hitch Quick attach front weight bracket in use

I haven't posted a video here for quite awhile. I thought you might like to see how the Heavy Hitch quick attach front weight bracket looks on the 1025R.

It really is "Quick Attach". It fits perfectly on the quick attach brackets (which I already had for the snow blade).

You'll hear my opinion about "wood chips" in a garden. I'd be interested in your opinions.

Oh, and I'm biased, but I think Katriel does a pretty good job handling the tractor :-)

Kennyd, Gizmo2, Tomfive and 8 others like this.
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Thanks
    Ok why won't these open in Safari on my phone........

Darn it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesetrain View Post
    Ok why won't these open in Safari on my phone........

Darn it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just open the youtube app, and search for 'Tractor Time with Tim' ... it will show up there. ...then 'subscribe' :-) and you'll get notified about future videos.

Tim
    papaw1962 likes this.
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    11-09-2018 @ 07:41 PM
    Thanks
    Love your videos Tim. Thanks very much for making them and sharing them. Also as a father to a "little girl" who is now 26, I think it's awesome that your daughter still wants to hang out with her pops, and I think about how much these vids will be treasured by your family 20 years from now. Very cool man, very cool! And also since I'm a member of this forum and one of our sworn duties is to help one another spend money, I think you need a drone to take your videos to the next level!! Imagine aerial footage of loader work and tilling and such!!
    1025R, 60"mmm with hydraulic lift option,H120 loader with 53" FEL bucket, 260 backhoe, JD ROPS lights with Artillian horse blinders, Kenny's bucket hooks and clevis attachment for backhoe, ROPS mounted LED light bars x 2, 54" everything attachments box blade, JD 655 tiller, 60" rear blade , piranha tooth bar, 3 pt drawbar and trailer mover,

7. Top | #5
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,152 Times in 3,055 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timmarks View Post
    You'll hear my opinion about "wood chips" in a garden. I'd be interested in your opinions.
    I would not use wood chips in a garden. Thanks for the video.
    BigJim55 and Tractor Tim like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timmarks View Post
    Wood chips are a poor choice for use in a garden, the primary reason being that any organic material in an active state of decomposition will tie up soil nutrients. Perhaps the bigger problem is that it may take several years to fully decompose and who wants to deal with the sticks and twigs for years to come?

I'm an advocate for mulching the garden, to help with weed control and moisture retention. One of the best combinations I've come up with is a layer of news paper (don't use the clay based paper with the shinny/slick surface) with a couple of inches of grass clippings to hold it in place. IF you have lots of grass clippings, skip the paper. Put it down right after planting and till into the soil in the fall, nothing left by the following spring. This too ties up nutrients, but a little 10-10-10 tilled in takes care of that and it will mostly decompose in one season. It's important to till it into the soil after the garden season to help it decompose.

Good luck with the garden!
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Brock View Post
    Love your videos Tim. Thanks very much for making them and sharing them. Also as a father to a "little girl" who is now 26, I think it's awesome that your daughter still wants to hang out with her pops, and I think about how much these vids will be treasured by your family 20 years from now. Very cool man, very cool! And also since I'm a member of this forum and one of our sworn duties is to help one another spend money, I think you need a drone to take your videos to the next level!! Imagine aerial footage of loader work and tilling and such!!

Thought about the drone idea a year or so ago. The biggest issue is that we're already taking too much time with the camera(s). Hard to get the project(s) completed!
    As many of you know from trying this, it isn't easy to get decent video of a project in action. You get "one shot" at the tree falling, the stump coming out, etc. If the camera shakes, the audio is poor, etc during that moment, well, tough. Would be even harder to keep a drone hovering overhead. I guess I needed another child or two :-)

As you may already know, Katriel is in China. She maintains a blog when she has decent internet connection: Make Time For Seeds - Beginning My Journey to End Hunger

Thanks for your comment.

Tim
    Craig Brock, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    12-01-2019 @ 05:54 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,907 Times in 1,071 Posts
    Great video Tim. Katriel knows her stuff. Know what you mean about the front weights. I use 5 on the front of mine but it's just not enough. Going up hill it still would like to raise the front just a tad. I like the weight bracket you have and yah I don't think the weights will come off.
    BigJim55 and Tractor Tim like this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements