About a year and a half ago, I started the project of my tractor garage and my solar panels. When I did those, there was another small project hidden in there that was waiting to happen. That project was getting and installing an air compressor.
I'm on that project now. It's not going as smoothly as I'd like, but that's how it goes. Let me take a few posts to bring you all up to day on where things are, and then I'll need some help on the air compressor side.
First, a comment on human nature: :empathy3:
In the world of computers, you know the difference between hardware types and software types? If you ask how the project is going, the software person will tell you everything they think they have working. The hardware guy will tell you everything that is wrong or broken. It's a fundamental difference between hardware and software. Now I do both, but I tend toward the hardware side. As such, I like to point out everything that is wrong with a project.
BTW, I claim salesmen and marking types are like software people, and tractor owners are like hardware people. But that's not the point of this thread, so lets get on with it .
Here are the two buildings, the tractor garage and the inverter shed for the solar project. Now you all know what a tractor garage is, but the inverter shed hold the big electronics box that takes the 8 KW of DC and turns it into AC and puts it out on the grid. I have the inverter and the associated AC wiring in a small 6x8 shed.
I put a 3" PVC drain pipe and a 2.5" electrical conduit between the garage and the shed. The goal was to have the air compressor not be in the garage. Here's a shot of the two buildings.
Stay tuned, more to come, I'll let you know when I'm through singing...