Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Floor Coating????

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    12-20-2017 @ 06:59 AM
    Thanks

Floor Coating????

Hi guys pouring a new garage/shop floor with radiant heat in concrete wondering what brand of coating products everyone has used and if you were happy with result?? thks
    keane likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:51 AM
    Thanks
    My floors are not heated but my Rust-Oleum Epoxyshield is 3+ years old and holding up well.

EPOXYSHIELD® Professional Floor Coating Product Page
    bhill likes this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to balrog006 For This Useful Post:

Agitator (11-13-2017)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:27 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    My floors are not heated but my Rust-Oleum Epoxyshield is 3+ years old and holding up well.

EPOXYSHIELD® Professional Floor Coating Product Page
    Did mine 3 or 4 years ago still looks new.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to etcallhome For This Useful Post:

Agitator (11-13-2017)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    Rustoleum epoxy in my barn - tackroom, paint shop, and workshop.

Be sure to wipe up any paint and glue spills or drips before they dry. Dried carpenters glue leaves ugly brown spots that are impossile to remove without chipping up the epoxy coating. The JD green stains aren't as bad looking, but don't come up either.

Anyone know if there is a touch up kit for Rustoleum epoxy, or does it only come in gallons?
    bhill likes this.
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RetiredDoc For This Useful Post:

Agitator (11-13-2017)

10. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:49 PM
    Thanks
    Proper prep is key. 3 spaces have it here and the last one previous owners did missed some prep. Some has pealed back up with oil, cleaning and even just tires rolling over it. Others no issue but first owner did those and likely right after being built vs years later.

Does reflex a lot more light in the room. Paint for ceilings and walls with floor coating and you really could get away with fewer lights.

Really helps in the rust belt to protect against road salt. My garage is older then my parents but mine has no issue and there's is getting chewed up some from the salt damage. Plus theirs doesn't drain - just pools on the floor. Drain is also key.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    "Travis" on WFM
    First year 332 with H3 added X 2, JD 3 pt, JD factory delux seat with flip pan. 430 rear diff. 430 fender deck(have two that are mirror copies of themselves). 420, two more 332's.
    Attachments:JD 44 loader, JD 50 inch mowing deck, JD 48 replacement mowing deck JD 47 two stage snow blower, JD Hyd 42 Tiller, Gannon Earthcavator 42 inch 3 point mount, Cozy cab, JD 20 plow, Brinly 12 inch plow.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to coalminer16 For This Useful Post:

Agitator (11-13-2017)

12. Top | #6
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    Another point with a garage is whether you can drive straight in, or have to turn the wheels on top of the coating. Wife learned to drive with power steering and tends to turn her cars wheels back and forth when it's not rolling.

Turning will peel the epoxy if the floor prep isn't done right. An older garage with a lot of oil soaked into it is really hard to get right. A new floor like in the OP shouldn't be nearly as hard to get done correctly.

BTW, the Rustoleum floor epoxy comes in 4 stock colors. I chose the tan one and glad I did. All the sawdust in the shop, and that I track across the other areas, blends in to the floor color and I don't feel the need to sweep as often. If I ever decide to do the barn center aisle I'll have a custom tint as close to horse manure as I can find.
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RetiredDoc For This Useful Post:

Agitator (11-13-2017)

14. Top | #7

Last Online
    10-06-2018 @ 10:31 PM
    Thanks
    I also have the Rustoleum floor in my garage. I used the solvent based epoxy and topped with the solvent clear. It?s been 11 years and it?s held up great! The only failures are where embers from the oxy torch kissed the floor and where friends have left brake fluid standing. The brake fluid did not lift the epoxy at all, but it did yellow the clear a bit. There has been zero tire lift on the epoxy in my garage. Previously I used U-coat in the old place. It was a total waste on money, failed in a matter of weeks. In my next shop I?d like to apply one of the self leveling clear costs for more shine.
    ejb69 likes this.
    John Deere 4066M
    John Deere Gator 825I
    John Deere 455

15. Top | #8
    Last Online
    08-06-2019 @ 04:45 PM
    Thanks
    Rustoleum here also. Second floor I have done. The prep is very important as mentioned and tough work! Use a good degreaser, scrub, scrub, scrub, rinse rinse rinse, squeegee, etch, rinse, etch rinse, whew! and let dry completely. And very important to let the paint catalyze before application or you will have a gooey mess! Follow directions...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1146 - Copy.JPG  
    Last edited by Bulitt; 11-13-2017 at 05:55 AM.
    Bob - 2011 2520

2520 Mods - http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...2520-mods.html
    Posted for general info only. Not suggesting you alter your tractor based upon my feeble minded posts. Do so at your own risk. Maintenance and mods should be performed by a JD Dealer, or refer to your owners and maintenance manuals for proper procedures.

16. Top | #9

Last Online
    12-20-2017 @ 06:59 AM
    Thanks

floor coating

Looking at the product called armor coat it is very pricey but can be applied in cold weather

17. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:46 PM
    Thanks
    About Durall

I used Durall concrete floor coatings on my shop in Texas. It worked out really well. Not the cheapest solution but well worth the cost if you ask me. I think I spent around $500 for a 1200 sqf shop. I actually ordered a gallon more than I needed but I would have rather had more than not enough. I did that shop in 2013. I am getting ready to build another shop here in North Carolina and plan on using it again.

As others have stated preparation is the key to whatever floor coating you are going to put down. You need to treat your floor like you are getting ready to paint a metal surface, clean, clean and clean again.

Good luck with your project.
    RetiredDoc likes this.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

18. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast