Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree168Likes

Thread: The Queen's New She-Shed

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-04-2019 @ 10:56 AM
    Thanks

The Queen's New She-Shed

Here at the Schnauzer Compound space is a premium. And I hog most of it. The queen has a devil of a time (and so do I) trying to find anything in the garage. If you do see it, getting to it is another issue. The queen decreed that a shed for her and only her needs to be erected.

This summer we looked at several backyard sheds. From the box stores to the Amish built ones. As the queen and I discussed what she wanted and liked, I started to prep the yard. First remove the old stockade fence. Once the queen selected a size, I prepared the space. She chose a 10' X 20'. So I dug a 12' X 22' X 12" deep hole. The neighbor cat loved that. I seen him several times bury what he just squeezed out. Sad day for him when I selected 21AA gravel as my bed. 10 yards of it. I had most of this done when she ordered a 10' X 12' shed with a 4' porch. I guess it would be okay the way I had it.

She picked a Barn Owl Shed built by the Amish dudes at A & L Sheds. I could not find A & L on line. I did located Barn Owl. Then the light came on. A & L is Amish. I better not see them on the web.

The she-shed arrived today. I need to wire and insulated it. Decide what to do with the floor. I might even put a HVAC unit in it, depending on what the queen wants to use the shed for.

isaac
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5825.JPG   IMG_2674.JPG   IMG_5906.JPG   IMG_5899.JPG  
    Last edited by UnionSchnauzer; 10-24-2017 at 07:10 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to UnionSchnauzer For This Useful Post:

pcabe5 (10-25-2017)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Thanks
    Nice real nice she’ll get a lot of enjoyment out of that.
    Thanks Bob
    Fire trucks are Red/Tractors are Green

2005 JD 790. 419 FEL, Frontier Forks, 6' brush Hog, back blade,7'FEL Snowplow.
    1963 JD 4010. 7' Lucknow 3pt Snowblower
    JD 24T Baler
    JD 14T Baler
    2013 JD 825i-Cab,winch,led lights 6' Snowplow.
    1951 JD MT.
    2011 JD Z445

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    08-11-2019 @ 01:34 PM
    Thanks
    Very nice! I need to do the same for my wife so I can get her chicken accessories out of the garage.
    2015 1025R TLB
    Kens bolt on hooks and clevis (3) and differential lock pedal
    JD phd with 6" and 9" augers
    2048 box blade
    Titan 36" forks
    Country Way 40 gallon 3 pt. Sprayer
    Piranha tooth bar
    6 acres in Central Florida

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:01 AM
    Thanks
    Nice shed. I would put heat and A/C in it also. It would be a nice place for her to go to when she gets made at you. Sort of a cat house, instead of dog house.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

8. Top | #5
    tj1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:15 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robnik View Post
    Very nice! I need to do the same for my wife so I can get her chicken accessories out of the garage.
    I don't want to sound dumb but what do chicken accessories consist of ?? Dresses, hats, chicken shoes, false teeth?
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, pcabe5 and 9 others like this.
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

9. Top | #6
    tj1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:15 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UnionSchnauzer View Post
    Here at the Schnauzer Compound space is a premium. And I hog most of it. The queen has a devil of a time (and so do I) trying to find anything in the garage. If you do see it, getting to it is another issue. The queen decreed that a shed for her and only her needs to be erected.

This summer we looked at several backyard sheds. From the box stores to the Amish built ones. As the queen and I discussed what she wanted and liked, I started to prep the yard. First remove the old stockade fence. Once the queen selected a size, I prepared the space. She chose a 10' X 20'. So I dug a 12' X 22' X 12" deep hole. The neighbor cat loved that. I seen him several times bury what he just squeezed out. Sad day for him when I selected 21AA gravel as my bed. 10 yards of it. I had most of this done when she ordered a 10' X 12' shed with a 4' porch. I guess it would be okay the way I had it.

She picked a Barn Owl Shed built by the Amish dudes at A & L Sheds. I could not find A & L on line. I did located Barn Owl. Then the light came on. A & L is Amish. I better not see them on the web.

The she-shed arrived today. I need to wire and insulated it. Decide what to do with the floor. I might even put a HVAC unit in it, depending on what the queen wants to use the shed for.

isaac
    Heck I could live in that shed! Nice,, Hope the "queen" enjoys!
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, pcabe5 and 5 others like this.
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    05-22-2019 @ 03:31 PM
    The Willamette Valley, Laurelwood/Gaston, Oregon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robnik View Post

Quote Originally Posted by tj1 View Post
    I don't want to sound dumb but what do chicken accessories consist of ?? Dresses, hats, chicken shoes, false teeth?
    My day is complete at 0630.
    Last edited by Marlin; 10-25-2017 at 08:36 AM.
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, pcabe5 and 8 others like this.
    Marlin

JD 1026R - March/2013
    JD H120 NSL Loader, JD 647 Tiller, JD Ballast Box
    Frontier BB2048L Box Scraper
    IMatch, Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's Bolt-On Hooks & FEL Receiver Hitch
    John Deere Wheel & Suitcase Weights
    Wheel Spacers - 2" Front, 4" Rear
    Heavy Hitch Hitch’N Can
    LED Lights Front & Rear Facing
    Artillian Forks & Front Hoe
    R4 Tires Front & Rear

"Prayer can never be in excess." ~ C. H. Spurgeon

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:47 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tj1 View Post
    I don't want to sound dumb but what do chicken accessories consist of ??
    Mashed potatoes, corn, gravy, biscuits.
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, pcabe5 and 13 others like this.
    Rudy-

Stable includes:
    2017 x580, 54" deck with Mulcher, sleeve hitch, rear blade, box scraper, 47" Snowblower, rear mount electric spreader
    1980 IH Cub Cadet 682, 50" deck, rototiller, front blade (inherited from FIL, in middle of full restore)
    Other Toys:
    Stihl MS290 Farm Boss Chainsaw
    Stihl BG56 Blower
    Stihl KM 111 Kombisystem

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:32 AM
    Thanks
    Looks very nice. May not want to name it the cat house though.

It will be interesting to see if women have the same issue as men. Let’s us know when she says I should have built one twice that size.

Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:54 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herminator View Post
    Looks very nice. May not want to name it the cat house though.

It will be interesting to see if women have the same issue as men. Let’s us know when she says I should have built one twice that size.

We've got one in our backyard 14' x 16' just for my wife's stuff with a barn style roof so she has shelving as well. I've heard that several times how nice it would be if it were "a little" bigger I'd have more room.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast