extended the handle on my power washer and added a hose reel
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: extended the handle on my power washer and added a hose reel

  1. Top | #1
    tackit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    08-04-2017 @ 05:58 AM
    Location
    northern Indiana
    Posts
    771
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 36 Times in 29 Posts

    extended the handle on my power washer and added a hose reel

    I have always wanted to extend my power washers handle ever since I bought it, it's short handle causes me to have to bend to move the washer about which hits me in the bad spot in my back.

    So when I built the frame for the new hose reel I took the nolonger needed loop front foot and welded it to the handle to gain height and leverage.

    But the added weight of the hose reel and it's new mount caused the washer's handle to bend when I pushed down to move it on it's wheels.

    It felt really springy, so to fix the problem I took some 1 X 3/16 flat stock and welded a washer to one end, the washer slips over the axle, fortunately I was able to use the mounting holes in the loop foot to fasten the top of the flat stock braces to the new handle extension. The handle now pulls on the axle when I push down on it taking all the spring out of the handle..

    It turned out to be a very worthwhile project for me...:beer:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PW 1.jpg   PW 2.jpg   PW 3.jpg   PW 4.jpg   PW 5.jpg  

    PW 6.jpg  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    mjncad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:43 AM
    Location
    Front Range of Colorado
    Posts
    7,049
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 557 Times in 442 Posts
    Having a bum back myself, I sure can relate to your need to modify the frame. Other than the frame modification that turned out well; how do you like Northern Tools power washers?
    I have more ideas than ambition.


  4. Top | #3
    tackit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    08-04-2017 @ 05:58 AM
    Location
    northern Indiana
    Posts
    771
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    Having a bum back myself, I sure can relate to your need to modify the frame. Other than the frame modification that turned out well; how do you like Northern Tools power washers?

    mjncad, Ive owned that machine from the middle 90's and it works as hard today as it did when it was brand new..

    It's a 13 HP Honda driven CAT pump... it's pump puts out 4 GPM @ 3500 psi. I actually drove holes through my snow tire's white wall with it when I first got it.

    I wanted to see what it had so I put on the strongest tip and started to clean my old Dodge vans white wall tire. I was standing about 10' back from the tire, hit the trigger and started seeing what looked like spaghetti and bubbles almost immeadately, when I looked, it shredded the white part of the tire and made a number of holes in the tire's side wall.... cost me $75 for a new snow tire... But it taught me to respect it right from the begining and I do.

    I had a good friend tell me while cleaning his sidewalk with it it blew some chunks of cracked concrete away.

    I have had good luck with two Northern Generators also, all their products are top notch as far as I'm concerned.
    .

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    eepete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    05-26-2019 @ 06:02 PM
    Location
    Efland, NC 54 Acres, hay, ponds, woods.
    Posts
    971
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 54 Times in 47 Posts
    Oh great. Another project for the winter list .

    And you gotta like a job that doesn't need a welder to do. That extension will make it easier to tote my pressure washer around. Tnx tackit .

    Pete
    '09 JD4520 Cab (60HP), '97 KubotaB21 TLB (21HP), 400cx loader, MX6 rotary mower, SB1106 6' Sickle Bar, BB3272 6' box blade, GradeMaster 7' Landplane, Frontier AF11E Front Blade, 4' Pallet Forks, 6' landscape rake, ballast box, Woods GTC 40" tiller, PHD 9" auger, 4' x 8' chain harrow, '16 X755 (23HP Diesel) w/front PTO, 60" deck, 72" front blade, '90 JD318 (18HP gas) with 48" MM mower, 54" front blade, 47" snowblower.
    Volunteer Firefighter.

  7. Top | #5
    mjncad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:43 AM
    Location
    Front Range of Colorado
    Posts
    7,049
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 557 Times in 442 Posts
    I've rented a power washer once with the 0-degree tip and I had to specifically ask for it as Home Depot's tool rental department keeps it behind the counter because it can be so dangerous and destructive.
    I have more ideas than ambition.


  8. Top | #6
    mjncad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:43 AM
    Location
    Front Range of Colorado
    Posts
    7,049
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 557 Times in 442 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eepete View Post
    And you gotta like a job that doesn't need a welder to do.

    Pete
    We'll convert you to the dark side of owning a welder yet.
    I have more ideas than ambition.


  9. Top | #7
    tackit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    08-04-2017 @ 05:58 AM
    Location
    northern Indiana
    Posts
    771
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eepete View Post
    Oh great. Another project for the winter list .

    And you gotta like a job that doesn't need a welder to do. That extension will make it easier to tote my pressure washer around. Tnx tackit .

    Pete
    Your welcome Pete, it's made a world of difference.nota hard project to do either...

    We got hit last evening with a whopper of storm, power was out all night, didn't get it back until late this morning then the internet went down for awhile.... I hope that was the last storm like that we see for a long, long time. wires were down all over the city an rural areas.

  10. Top | #8
    tackit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    08-04-2017 @ 05:58 AM
    Location
    northern Indiana
    Posts
    771
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    I've rented a power washer once with the 0-degree tip and I had to specifically ask for it as Home Depot's tool rental department keeps it behind the counter because it can be so dangerous and destructive.
    On mine I've found the green tip works best for most things... I'm guessing it's the middle strength one... but it still does a great job. I would imagine with the strongest tip you could cut a man almost in half..

  11. Top | #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    11-30-2013 @ 08:29 PM
    Location
    Chester Grant, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    747
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 27 Times in 27 Posts
    Wow! I've been toying with the idea of getting a wet sanding kit, ever had any experience with those? I've got a honking big Dayton compressor that puts out 31 CFM and 5 gal sander, but the wet kits eliminate the dust conditions. Read mixed reports on them...

    Quote Originally Posted by tackit View Post
    mjncad, Ive owned that machine from the middle 90's and it works as hard today as it did when it was brand new..

    It's a 13 HP Honda driven CAT pump... it's pump puts out 4 GPM @ 3500 psi. I actually drove holes through my snow tire's white wall with it when I first got it.

    I wanted to see what it had so I put on the strongest tip and started to clean my old Dodge vans white wall tire. I was standing about 10' back from the tire, hit the trigger and started seeing what looked like spaghetti and bubbles almost immeadately, when I looked, it shredded the white part of the tire and made a number of holes in the tire's side wall.... cost me $75 for a new snow tire... But it taught me to respect it right from the begining and I do.

    I had a good friend tell me while cleaning his sidewalk with it it blew some chunks of cracked concrete away.

    I have had good luck with two Northern Generators also, all their products are top notch as far as I'm concerned.
    .

  12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Similar Threads

  1. Can a 2320 handle a core aerator?
    By joe30690 in forum Medium Frame Compact Utility Tractors (MCUT)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-03-2015, 12:15 PM
  2. PowerGard Extended Warranty
    By riderguy57 in forum Large Frame Compact Utility Tractors (LCUT)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-26-2012, 06:24 PM
  3. 1026R - Power Beyond Kit Hose Routing
    By Tomfive in forum Sub Compact Utility Tractors (SCUT)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 06:11 AM
  4. Recommend Me a Compressor Air Hose and Reel
    By FordGuy in forum Tools & Equipment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-28-2010, 07:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •