• 2 Post By 356
  • 4 Post By coaltrain

Thread: Mighty Mule Gate Opener

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-17-2019 @ 07:22 PM
    Thanks

Mighty Mule Gate Opener

After a year of manually opening the gate to our place, I've ordered a Mighty Mule 360 gate opener. Hopefully the installation will be as easy and straightforward as I've read. I am looking forward to not having to get out in the weather (or opting to leave the gate open). When leaving the gate open, the neighborhood dogs tend to come on the property. More to follow as I install the opener.
    Kennyd, BigJim55, mark02tj and 5 others like this.
    JD 3025E | D160 loader | JD 413 Rotary Cutter | Behlen 7' grader blade | JD cultivator | Farm King PHD w/12" auger | Titan Ballast Box | 61" Pirhana bar | JD Sod Buster | Titan Pallet Fork w/receiver | Edge Tamers with Extensions | 5' King Kutter Rotary Tiller
    JD Z-Trac 335E with hitch and bumper kit | JD 8 cu ft cart
    JD D-100 Lawn Tractor w 42" deck | 10 cu ft HF cart
    1948 Ford 8N l 6' tooth harrow l Kawasaki Mule XC-SE
    Weather KMOLAWSO17 It's always sunny...unless it is not

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    A few interesting things about Mighty Mule.

Phone support if you have problems is excellent. Don't be surprised if they ask you to hold your phone next to the gate opener while it operates. They can diagnose and advise based on just hearing the sound the gate makes. Amazing!

All come from the factory with the DIP switches set to the same code. Most folks never change the factory setting. I've found that I can open a lot of farm gates with my control. Obviously, I didn't change my code either.

The remote control (visor clip) can be paired with the garage door opener buttons in your vehicles, using the same programming method as for a garage door opener. Mine is paired with all 4 of my vehicles, so I don't have to try to keep track of the remote control unit. Beats having to roll down a window in the rain to operate a keypad.

The Mighty Mule remotes are pretty pricey. There are other units (GTO brand or label) that function the same and are less expensive. Amazon even has them in 3-packs. So if you have a horse boarding barn, for example, you can give them to all the boarders. Or, just pass one remote around so everyone can pair it with their vehicle.
    spferdil, keane, 356 and 1 others like this.
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RetiredDoc For This Useful Post:

356†(06-26-2018)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:32 PM
    Thanks
    I've had an earlier version (Mighty Mule 350) for several years and it has worked pretty well other than getting a lightening hit once and taking out the circuit board. One thing to be aware of is the bracket that came with it was for pull-to-open which was their default. I didn't know that until I got it and was ready to install and of course I needed mine to be push-to-open so had to turn around and order a different bracket for that before I could install. Would be nice if they would include both brackets.
    356 likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Hey, I want a title too! ZachinCO's Avatar
    Last Online
    08-31-2019 @ 06:01 PM
    Thanks
    Iíll be installing a gate opener at some point this summer.
    I think Iíll be switching from a single 16í gate to two 8í gates.
    My uncle is installing the same setup, Iím going to try and help him & learn in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    bvbearcat likes this.
    MINE!! 2016 New Holland T4.75

In-Laws 2006 4520-400 CX FEL-RC2072-Land Pride FS700-Rhino Box Blade-7' Plow Blade-CountyLine PHD
    In-Laws 2003 2210-210 FEL-54C MMM

My Sons IH Cub Cadet Originals- 62-Running;62-Restoration;61-Parts Donor

My social media~ https://www.instagram.com/zwhewitt_photos/

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:54 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    A gate at the end of my driveway has been on my want list for a long time but itís no simple task to set posts in 10í of shale.

I will be following along as some day I will have my gate and will need an automatic opener.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 06:08 PM
    Thanks
    Ive wanted a gate for a few years now.

Question for you guys that have them.

How does FexEx/UPS deal with them?
    Ive seen some that have a large box on the outside of the gate for packages, but just wondered if they are all that hard to deal with regarding these things.
    buckteeth445 likes this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    08-17-2019 @ 07:22 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJim View Post
    Ive wanted a gate for a few years now.

Question for you guys that have them.

How does FexEx/UPS deal with them?
    Ive seen some that have a large box on the outside of the gate for packages, but just wondered if they are all that hard to deal with regarding these things.
    My electric gate is installed. Here is what I’ve learned.

USPS, FedEx and UPS allow you to provide keypad codes. If I know a package is coming I leave the gate open or a note to call me and I’ll open it remotely. Otherwise they leave the package outside.
    IndianaJim and bvbearcat like this.
    JD 3025E | D160 loader | JD 413 Rotary Cutter | Behlen 7' grader blade | JD cultivator | Farm King PHD w/12" auger | Titan Ballast Box | 61" Pirhana bar | JD Sod Buster | Titan Pallet Fork w/receiver | Edge Tamers with Extensions | 5' King Kutter Rotary Tiller
    JD Z-Trac 335E with hitch and bumper kit | JD 8 cu ft cart
    JD D-100 Lawn Tractor w 42" deck | 10 cu ft HF cart
    1948 Ford 8N l 6' tooth harrow l Kawasaki Mule XC-SE
    Weather KMOLAWSO17 It's always sunny...unless it is not

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 356 For This Useful Post:

IndianaJim†(07-09-2018)

12. Top | #8

Last Online
    05-31-2019 @ 02:28 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    A gate at the end of my driveway has been on my want list for a long time but itís no simple task to set posts in 10í of shale.

I will be following along as some day I will have my gate and will need an automatic opener.
    dynomite!!!!!

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:54 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 356 View Post
    My electric gate is installed. Here is what Iíve learned.

USPS, FedEx and UPS allow you to provide keypad codes. If I know a package is coming I leave the gate open or a note to call me and Iíll open it remotely. Otherwise they leave the package outside.
    Iíd have to do more research to find out for sure, but I think if you register (free) on the FedEx and UPS sites you can put your gate code in there for the driver.

Maybe I had just dreamed this one night however.....

Having a lock box by the road is common around here. Even without a gate my driveway and many others are not useable in the winter without 4WD. My regular UPS driver is a trooper - he will park along the road and trudge down to the house to put my packages on the porch. So I do what I can to make his job easier and have a box by my mailbox for him to drop my packages in. With the ďmy UPSĒ alerts I know what days he is coming.
    69project, 356, nastorino and 1 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements