Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Tear down fence.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:40 AM
    Thanks

Tear down fence.

I'm about to go out and use my grapple to tear down this fence that the previous owner put up to contain their dogs. They didn't build anyway to get into that area except through the house or garage.

Anyway, it occurred to me that unless I pull down the slats by hand, I might end up with a bunch of nails in the grass.

What do you think?

mjncad and Levi like this.
    2019 2038R, dual rear vavles, power beyond, 220R loader, 57" HD bucket, iMatch, R3+ tires, JD premium LED light kit, wheel spacers, Artillian diverter, EA wicked root grapple, Heavy Hitch "flexible ballast" and bolt on toothbar, Ken's extended iMatch hook and loader grip, Titan forks, Woods BB60X rotary cutter, CRI stump bucket, Fit Rite hydraulics top link.

1940 John Deere H with PTO, hand start.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 09:35 AM
    Thanks
    I doubt you'll end up with many nails in the lawn. They'll stay stuck in one board or another.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    I doubt you'll end up with many nails in the lawn. They'll stay stuck in one board or another.

Well we're gonna find out! Stay tuned to "what did you do with your SCUT today" thread for updates.
    mjncad and Levi like this.
    2019 2038R, dual rear vavles, power beyond, 220R loader, 57" HD bucket, iMatch, R3+ tires, JD premium LED light kit, wheel spacers, Artillian diverter, EA wicked root grapple, Heavy Hitch "flexible ballast" and bolt on toothbar, Ken's extended iMatch hook and loader grip, Titan forks, Woods BB60X rotary cutter, CRI stump bucket, Fit Rite hydraulics top link.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    06-17-2019 @ 01:42 PM
    Thanks
    I have one of these. It helps. There are probably better ones for what you need.
    Levi likes this.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Roger47 For This Useful Post:

JustinHEMI (09-15-2018)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger47 View Post
    I have one of these. It helps. There are probably better ones for what you need.
    Cool! I have a HD/Lowes run after this, not a bad idea for post tear down clean up. Thank you!
    Levi likes this.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,059 Times in 2,224 Posts
    I am kind of OCD about stuff like this. My only choice would be to take it apart board by board and save it all for further projects.

Many times over the 20+ years we have been here I was able to complete a project with just the scrap lumber I have saved. There is no just running down to Lowe’s for me as it is a 3 hour round trip.
    Oscar Leroy and JustinHEMI like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:25 AM
    Thanks
    I drag an old speaker tied to a rope to collect nails and screws.
    mjncad, Levi and Oscar Leroy like this.
    Mike

Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:09 PM
    Thanks
    If you think there is any possibility you will ever have dogs, I would consider just putting in a gate and leaving the fence. Can really be good especially for puppies.
    Levi, mark02tj, AlKozak and 1 others like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spferdil View Post
    If you think there is any possibility you will ever have dogs, I would consider just putting in a gate and leaving the fence. Can really be good especially for puppies.
    I was thinking that exact same thing. And, if you have kids or grandkids, it could be handy as well.

And, I'm like Stan - I'd probably take it apart piece by piece just because I find it easier to clean up that way. I don't understand the "home improvement" shows where they do demo with a sledge hammer and make a huge mess. When I had to redo my basement office, I ended up just unscrewing the drywall from the studs (hadn't been painted yet, so the screws were fairly easy to find) and pulled the drywall down in sheets. No muss, no fuss. Made a lot less mes and was easy to clean up. I'm getting ready to re-do my deck and will be unscrewing that board by board as well.
    Levi and coaltrain like this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,059 Times in 2,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    I was thinking that exact same thing. And, if you have kids or grandkids, it could be handy as well.

And, I'm like Stan - I'd probably take it apart piece by piece just because I find it easier to clean up that way. I don't understand the "home improvement" shows where they do demo with a sledge hammer and make a huge mess. When I had to redo my basement office, I ended up just unscrewing the drywall from the studs (hadn't been painted yet, so the screws were fairly easy to find) and pulled the drywall down in sheets. No muss, no fuss. Made a lot less mes and was easy to clean up. I'm getting ready to re-do my deck and will be unscrewing that board by board as well.
    I agree. I see them destroy an entire kitchen with sledge hammers and saws that are much nicer than my kitchen. I know there has to be a market for the used cabinets and such.

And I agree about the mess. By taking the fence apart board by board you de-nail each board as you go and throw the nails in a coffee can. My father used to straighten used nails and use them - I haven’t gone that far....yet....
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast