Over thirty years ago, I reworked our walkout basement laundry room & add a bathroom to it. At the time it was a very low budget project. I used new material for framing, insulation & drywall. At the time I worked for a builder & had access to lots of scrape plywood & fixtures. I built cabinets out of scrap plywood. All of the other fixtures were damaged or used. The shower was a 32" square unit. Things did not look great, but it served the purpose. To keep from having to remove a lot of concrete to do the drains for the toilet & shower, I built a platform so the plumbing could run above the concrete floor. The drains then ran out to a lift pump in the garage. The pit for the lift pump was an old salt tank from a water softener & the pump was used.
When we bought the house it had electric baseboard heat. It was cooled with window air conditioners. Over eight years ago we had central heat & air installed. This required the removal of all of the ceilings in the basement. As I was boxing in ductwork & putting in new ceilings, I decided not to do the laundry room because I wanted to remodel it.
Three years later I made plans to do a complete remodel that required relocating the washer, dryer, toilet & sink. & installing a 36" X 60" custom tile shower. It also required busting out a lot of concrete to install a proper lift pump & to do the drains correctly & install a new utility sink in the garage. I then purchased all of the materials, built cabinets, doors & made the molding. Then other projects got in the way until the week of Thanksgiving when I decided this project was getting done now.
I never remember to take before pictures, but below is the finished project.