Finally have a laundry/bathroom again.
Like Tree22Likes
  • 18 Post By ChrisR
  • 1 Post By etcallhome
  • 1 Post By BillieS
  • 1 Post By SulleyBear
  • 1 Post By ChrisR

Thread: Finally have a laundry/bathroom again.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 11:36 AM
    Thanks

Finally have a laundry/bathroom again.

Over thirty years ago, I reworked our walkout basement laundry room & add a bathroom to it. At the time it was a very low budget project. I used new material for framing, insulation & drywall. At the time I worked for a builder & had access to lots of scrape plywood & fixtures. I built cabinets out of scrap plywood. All of the other fixtures were damaged or used. The shower was a 32" square unit. Things did not look great, but it served the purpose. To keep from having to remove a lot of concrete to do the drains for the toilet & shower, I built a platform so the plumbing could run above the concrete floor. The drains then ran out to a lift pump in the garage. The pit for the lift pump was an old salt tank from a water softener & the pump was used.

When we bought the house it had electric baseboard heat. It was cooled with window air conditioners. Over eight years ago we had central heat & air installed. This required the removal of all of the ceilings in the basement. As I was boxing in ductwork & putting in new ceilings, I decided not to do the laundry room because I wanted to remodel it.

Three years later I made plans to do a complete remodel that required relocating the washer, dryer, toilet & sink. & installing a 36" X 60" custom tile shower. It also required busting out a lot of concrete to install a proper lift pump & to do the drains correctly & install a new utility sink in the garage. I then purchased all of the materials, built cabinets, doors & made the molding. Then other projects got in the way until the week of Thanksgiving when I decided this project was getting done now.

I never remember to take before pictures, but below is the finished project.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image 2.jpg   Image 1.jpg   Image 3.jpg   Image 6.jpg   Image 7.jpg  

Image 10.jpg  
    Kioti CK3510SE HST, Kioti KL4030 Loader, John Deere 655 Tiller, Frontier LR2072 Landscape Rake, Virnig V50 Pallet Forks, Woods GB60 Box Blade
    John Deere X739 AWS 4X4, 60HC Auto Connect Deck, Front grader blade.
    John Deere 825i Gator

John Deere Tractors I have owned in the past.
    425 AWS, 455, 4400, 2210, 4710, 2320, 2720, X475, 1026R, 4120, 2025R

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,582 Posts
    Looks pretty nice ,,, great job.
    SulleyBear likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 03:26 PM
    Thanks
    You are a very tallented person. That is a lot of work there. Looks great.
    SulleyBear likes this.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:36 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,399 Posts
    Great work and I really like the design and colors. Very well done. I also like the handle in the shower, which is a helpful feature and a big safety enhancement, yet it looks stylish and like an accent piece, instead of many handles I have seen added.

Impressive job and real craftsmanship. Is the difference in the ceiling design, finish material and height for the heat runs? You can tell when a true craftsman does something as the details really make the difference in the final project. I take my hat off to you......
    bhill likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 11:36 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Great work and I really like the design and colors. Very well done. I also like the handle in the shower, which is a helpful feature and a big safety enhancement, yet it looks stylish and like an accent piece, instead of many handles I have seen added.

Impressive job and real craftsmanship. Is the difference in the ceiling design, finish material and height for the heat runs? You can tell when a true craftsman does something as the details really make the difference in the final project. I take my hat off to you......
    Thanks everyone.

I have installed dozens of grab bars in showers over the years. In my old shower there was not room to fall down, so I never thought about how helpful the bars would be for myself until I was using our upstairs bath tub shower. There is a towel bar in the center of the back wall that I kept holding on to. I did not feel safe in the larger shower with all that room around me. It was then that I decided to put them in mine.

The low section in the ceiling is the ductwork. The covering is painted plywood. The rest of the ceiling is suspended removable panels for access to plumbing & electrical.

Thank you for the very kind words.
    bhill likes this.
    Kioti CK3510SE HST, Kioti KL4030 Loader, John Deere 655 Tiller, Frontier LR2072 Landscape Rake, Virnig V50 Pallet Forks, Woods GB60 Box Blade
    John Deere X739 AWS 4X4, 60HC Auto Connect Deck, Front grader blade.
    John Deere 825i Gator

John Deere Tractors I have owned in the past.
    425 AWS, 455, 4400, 2210, 4710, 2320, 2720, X475, 1026R, 4120, 2025R

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements