Gutter Guards - We found the best ones!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Gutter Guards - We found the best ones!

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    07-17-2019 @ 11:14 AM
    Thanks

Gutter Guards - We found the best ones!

After some trial and error, we found what we believe to be the best gutter guards on the market, EasyOn Gutter Guards! Take a look for yourselves!

Note: This is not a paid endorsement, we are just genuinely happy with the product and wanted to share to save you all the headaches we experienced.

IndyFarmLife - (Adam or Chris)
    Check us out on YouTube - Indy Farm Life

Tractors: JD 4052R, JD 4105, JD 2520 Other Non-Green Machines: Case 580K backhoe, Grasshopper 928D, Grasshopper 721D, Husqvarna 390XP, 450, 455 and 460 Rancher

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyFarmLife-AC For This Useful Post:

Titleist1†(06-25-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:04 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the real life review....

I have the same issue...oak pollen pods then maple leaf helicopters, then pine needles then leaves. I'm up there about 5 or 6 times a year cleaning our gutters so I am real interested in finding something that works.

How long have you had them on your gutters?
    332 GT w/ 50" deck, trac vac
    LT178 w/ 38" deck

I heat my home & workshop with two coal stokers and have a vintage JD smoker!!!

The EPA just loves me.

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    07-17-2019 @ 11:14 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist1 View Post
    Thanks for the real life review....

I have the same issue...oak pollen pods then maple leaf helicopters, then pine needles then leaves. I'm up there about 5 or 6 times a year cleaning our gutters so I am real interested in finding something that works.

How long have you had them on your gutters?
    They have been up just over a year. I haven't had to pull them off one time for a clog, which is impressive because I was up on the roof several times a year before. Even when I had put the standard black steel gutter guards up, I was up on the roof cleaning at least twice a year.

My biggest concern after putting them up was how much water they could handle, it seemed that the micromesh was so fine that it would impede water flow into the gutter. Well, we had a storm roll through last week that dumped about 1.5 inches in just under 30 minutes and they handled it just fine. The only place I had a little coming over the edge of the gutter was in the eaves (which I mention in the video).

I bought enough for half the house last year to do a trial, I was pleased enough that I bought the other half this spring. Now just to put them all up. Then no more roof walking for me!

Let me know if you have any other questions
    Tomfive, Treefarmer and Titleist1 like this.
    IndyFarmLife - (Adam or Chris)
    Check us out on YouTube - Indy Farm Life

Tractors: JD 4052R, JD 4105, JD 2520 Other Non-Green Machines: Case 580K backhoe, Grasshopper 928D, Grasshopper 721D, Husqvarna 390XP, 450, 455 and 460 Rancher

6. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyFarmLife-AC For This Useful Post:

Titleist1†(06-25-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Thanks
    We are getting our gutters replaced because of hail damage to the Leaf Guard gutters as well as the roof and siding. That turned into our garage project that I am documenting in a separate thread.

We don't have the new gutters yet but once we get the siding done they can go up. We ended up going with a similar product to what you have which is called Valor Gutter Guard. The Micro Stainless Steel Screen with louvers under it so it isn't a flat screen. The one difference is that louvers are S shaped. They say to slow the water down. We looked at Leaf Filter but didn't like the plastic frame and the fact that they sat flat on the gutter where the Valor is pitched to match the roof line like yours so all the water passes over the screen which helps wash it off when it rains.

In-Depth Valor¬ģ Gutter Guard Reviews (2017) | The Gutter Guard Experts | Denver, Colorado - YouTube

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 60" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, Sprayer cart

9. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 12:24 PM
    Thanks
    Iíve had the Easy On Gutter guards on my home for 3-4 years now and aside from a quick sweep with a long push broom to clear off sticky oak blossoms they handle my myriad of tree debris (oak blooms, leaves, maples, pines, etc) with no issues and excellent durability.

I just hung a gutter on the front of the barn and before I even came off the lift I had new guards to place on them as well.

Any approx $2/foot (Costco) they arenít the cheapest guard out there but theyíre well worth it in my opinion
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to balrog006 For This Useful Post:

Titleist1†(06-25-2019)

11. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Just curious how well they worked with snow / ice for you?

We usually get a few 6" snow's during the year, the roof that is south facing will melt off over the course of a few days. If we get bigger snows, I rake the snow off the roof about 5' from the eave so that area of the roof doesn't get ice dams and snow melt flows freely down into the gutter.

I am wondering if the snow melt will freeze over the mesh and the next days melt will be running over the gutter?
    Tomfive and JD4044M like this.
    LT178 w/ 38" deck

The EPA just loves me.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Titleist1 For This Useful Post:

JD4044M†(06-25-2019)

13. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,316 Posts
    You hear real mixed results on the Gutter "screens / covers / guards" or whatever one wants to call them.

I decided long ago that my favorite way to keep the gutters clean of tree debris is a chainsaw......and a no tree within 100 feet perimeter rule.

Its not just the gutters, but the mold on the roof for not getting enough sun light, limb damage, etc. One neighbor is putting their house on the market and they are pushing to have it sold before fall, because they have a ton of trees and one of the reasons they are moving is because of all the leaves and tree debris, they are sick of dealing with it.................they are afraid if the house is still on the market in the fall, the leaves will scare away potential buyers.

I asked them their top "must haves" on their next house and they said;

1. NO trees near the house

2. A pole barn for his stuff.

3. Main floor master bedroom..........

Glad to hear you have found a gutter system which you are happy with and meets your needs...Your review and video will certainly help those searching for such a system..
    Neb, Firemark, X750 and 1 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

14. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    Iíve had the Easy On Gutter guards on my home for 3-4 years now and aside from a quick sweep with a long push broom to clear off sticky oak blossoms they handle my myriad of tree debris (oak blooms, leaves, maples, pines, etc) with no issues and excellent durability.

I just hung a gutter on the front of the barn and before I even came off the lift I had new guards to place on them as well.

Any approx $2/foot (Costco) they arenít the cheapest guard out there but theyíre well worth it in my opinion
    Michigan must certainly get some snow!! How have they worked for you with snow melt?
    LT178 w/ 38" deck

The EPA just loves me.

15. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 12:24 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist1 View Post
    Michigan must certainly get some snow!! How have they worked for you with snow melt?
    I have one location that I have issues with ice dams but itís at an interior wall between the home and the garage and also where all the roof penetrations are for appliance exhaust-so I donít blame the guards on the ice there.

Everywhere else Iíve not seen any ice to speak of weather I rake the roof or not. Raking it certainly helps direct the flow of melt into the gutter, but even without I hear melt flow trickling down the spouts... there are occasional drips from the gutters if we get significant show and I havenít raked, however those are usually from snow that piles up out past the edge of the front of the gutter and canít be expected to flow backwards to them.
    Titleist1 likes this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to balrog006 For This Useful Post:

Titleist1†(06-25-2019)

17. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 04:58 PM
    Thanks
    We moved into our home in April 1982, the house was 3 years old, there was a coarse screen gutter guard over the gutters,,

Within 3 months of moving in, the gutters were running over,, that is not the fall leaf season,,
    I was cleaning gutters year round, every two months,,
    I switched to a fine screen mesh (not as fine as in the video),, that fine mesh clogged also,,
    tulip poplar trees are the worst tree I have for clogging gutter contraptions,,,

Well, a decade or more ago, I found a guard system at Lowes, it mimics the expensive commercially installed systems,,

It uses surface tension to pull water into the gutter, trash and leaves go over the lip, and off the roof,,,

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Amerimax-So...x-4-ft/3057313

I have over a decade experience with this system,, for me, it is perfection.
    AND, the BIGGEST PLUS is that it only costs $1 per foot of gutter,, the vinyl is easy to cut with snips.

I do not have any "needle" type trees (pine), so I do not know how that works.

One big problem I had with the fine screen was that over time, the asphalt shingles shed "grit"
    that grit would clog the screen.

A metal or slate roof would not have that problem.

The sections are four feet long,, in the decade I have had them, about 4 or 5 have blown away,, I consider that to be really good.

I have cleaned them once in the decade or so that I have had them,,, the slots will catch a few tulip poplar seeds,,
    and after 8 or more years, the seeds needed to be removed.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CADplans For This Useful Post:

Titleist1†(06-25-2019)

19. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast