• 3 Post By Toughsox

Thread: MAXX Pro Surface Cleaner Tool

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 646 Posts

MAXX Pro Surface Cleaner Tool

I got this MAXX surface cleaner tool last fall and didn't get a chance to use it until this week.
    It works with your power washer (max 4500psi) and the wand/nozzles rotate in a circular motion. Push or pull it on three wheels.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAXX combine_images.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	685.3 KB 
ID:	692770

This tool has a quick connect and attaches to the wand on your power washer. It makes power washing the grime off the concrete driveway a lot easier than just using the wand and spray nozzle. It was also easy to switch between the surface cleaner to the fan nozzle.

Before and after images of just one section of driveway.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Before After combine_images.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	595.1 KB 
ID:	692772

My electric power washer only puts out 1700 psi. Although my setup worked good, I'm sure that more power washer that puts out more psi would have even made it better and probably faster.
    I have ±4170 sq.ft. of combined concrete surface (driveway, porches, patio, and sidewalks) to clean and I went over it twice, washing in two different directions. Total of about 10 hrs.

A short YouTube video and no guest stars of how I used it.
    Kennyd, Gizmo2, North585 and 11 others like this.
    2013 1025R
    (Oct. 1, 2013 Used with 20hrs.)
    H120 loader -- 60D AutoConnect MMM --Frontier RB2060 blade -- Modified RIO -- Northstar Sprayer -- Fimco Spreader -- Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks.
    "Kitty" 2000-2014
    Carl

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:05 PM
    Thanks
    I have the much cheaper PowerFit PF31023B (15-inch, 3300 psi). It tends to rise when pushed. I place it beside me and very slightly behind so the pulling motion helps keep it in contact with the driveway. Do the heavier wheeled versions do a better job of staying "grounded"?
    For those of you who don't have a surface cleaner, you're working way too hard...
    mark02tj and Toughsox like this.
    X350 (2016) and Accessories
    Assorted Stihl & Grizzly tools
    My wife says that's all I need for my measly 1/2 acre...

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 06:58 PM
    Thanks
    Family Handyman magazine had these as one of their favorite tools about a year and a half ago. I bought one at Home Cheapo and it was simply AMAZING !!!
    Then I did something stupid....I mentioned it to some of the guys at work and one asked to borrow it to try it out. Took me a month to get it back because it apparently got handed off to half the guys I work with. Thankfully it came back in one piece and I used it again a couple weeks ago........ by far its one of those tools if you dont have one, you dont know what your missing.
    The only drawback is it leaves about a 1 inch gap when you go against a wall, but nothing you will care about.
    BigJim55, ilmo and mark02tj like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toughsox View Post
    Family Handyman magazine had these as one of their favorite tools about a year and a half ago. I bought one at Home Cheapo and it was simply AMAZING !!!
    Then I did something stupid....I mentioned it to some of the guys at work and one asked to borrow it to try it out. Took me a month to get it back because it apparently got handed off to half the guys I work with. Thankfully it came back in one piece and I used it again a couple weeks ago........ by far its one of those tools if you dont have one, you dont know what your missing.
    The only drawback is it leaves about a 1 inch gap when you go against a wall, but nothing you will care about.
    Absolutely!!! Big, big time saver and a lot less achy muscles and sore neck.

I didn't know they made such a thing. Wished I would have known it sooner, I have cleaned my concrete with just a power washer, wand, and spray nozzle. It's not fun.
    2013 1025R
    (Oct. 1, 2013 Used with 20hrs.)
    H120 loader -- 60D AutoConnect MMM --Frontier RB2060 blade -- Modified RIO -- Northstar Sprayer -- Fimco Spreader -- Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks.
    "Kitty" 2000-2014
    Carl

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements