I started my sandblaster re-do project... The way I have it now it fills the hose with media as soon as I crack the bottom ball valve.
What I'm going to do to improve performance is switch the Tee at the bottom of the tank for a Wye and 45 street ell and add a regulator to the 2" pipe water trap on the side of the tank to control the tank's air pressure. I want to be able to adjust it down to 10-15 psi.... The way it's plumbed now the tank gets 90 psi, way to much pressure I was told by a professional sandblaster.
Because I've changed out the plumbing at the bottom of the tank to a Wye and 45 street ell fittings the blasters original legs are now to short, the Wye touches the ground, so I need to build new legs too.
I'm using the floor jack under the Wye fitting to give me the ground clearance I want and to help me plumb the tank.
It's easy with a hammer to tap the jack left or right or roll it forward or backward to plumb the tank both ways.
I changed my mind on the legs that's why they're now two individual legs instead of a one piece leg.
I made the wheel spacers from tubing I had.
The rest is pretty much self explanatory. First I had to try fit the leg to see what angle I wanted to use then tack the leg on the tank.
Tomorrow I'll do the other side with the bigger MiG, the 180 doesn't have the power to one pass 1/4" steel, It was OK but it's a bit cold, and we had it set all the way up, 10/100 .... Tomorrow my MM 251 will be coming out to finish the job, it's set to spray arc.
The green steel was given to me years ago, it was used to support a gangway in a factory I was told. It's a nice American steel.
The first pictures show the way the sandblaster looked before I cut legs and the safety ring off the bottom of the LP tank.
The second two pics will be of the way my plumbing was and how it's going to be after the re-do.
More tomorrow guys, I'm bushed, have a great day tomorrow. ..