Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TruckFarmer55

Thread: Jet Pump leak

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-08-2019 @ 01:06 PM
    Thanks

Jet Pump leak

We have a point well that runs with a jet pump. The pump has a little drip under the band clamp where the impeller housing is. I'm trying to find a new flat faced o ring but its proving difficult. Could RTV or a silicone sealer be substituted or applied to the old o ring itself?
    JD4044M likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckFarmer55 View Post
    We have a point well that runs with a jet pump. The pump has a little drip under the band clamp where the impeller housing is. I'm trying to find a new flat faced o ring but its proving difficult. Could RTV or a silicone sealer be substituted or applied to the old o ring itself?
    Take it apart and clean the O-Ring but be careful you don't break it in the process. Once clean you could use some silicone and the seal, it should stop. Give it time to dry over night for high pressure. Putting it on the outside won't work it will blow out like a balloon and not seal the same like between flat surfaces.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    11-08-2019 @ 01:06 PM
    Thanks
    It's pretty much stopped leaking. I wonder if maybe it was just dry or had a small piece of dirt in it. We got our water tested and came back positive for coliform but not E coli. Going to run the well alot more and see if we can clean it out that way. Its sat for over a year.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements