Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Prefab steel building kits

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Thanks

Prefab steel building kits

Looking for a prefab diy steel building that will be installed on a concrete pad. The size I'm looking for is 24'x'24' with 10' side walls.
    ***The hardest part is finding a company that will unload the pallets when delivered. Also easy enough to build by myself with no help. Looking for a steel frame and steel siding garage.
    So does anyone know of any companies that is NOT like a versatube style building?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:11 PM
    Thanks
    Look here tons of styles and prices sure delivery is not that big a deal just a extra cost. It was a good day when my materials were dropped off for my 48x60 barn.Click image for larger version.

Name:	BARN4.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	713356Click image for larger version.

Name:	BARN6.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	713358https://www.cardinalcarports.com/pre...etal-buildings

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Thanks
    Cardinal carports don't service in my area.
    JD4044M, Toughsox and Kbar like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Thanks
    on that size of building freight will be a big factor so close proximity is a cost savings.....just google pre-engineered metal buildings in your area and get prices...finding one close will more than pay for the cost to hire someone to unload it for you...the hardest bundle to unload will be your roof sheets so would be good to find out the weight of that package to find someone to unload...might luck into a company that unloads anyway

i have seen 2 guys unload that size building by hand....or a small tractor will do it allso

in my area ...if you want a wood/steel combo the lumber yards sell packages and unload and would probably be a good resource for companies in your area that provide what you want...

when in doubt ....ask at lumber yards...and concrete companies they usually know who does what
    Last edited by ttazzman; 11-11-2019 at 12:09 AM.
    John Deere
    5105M
    Caterpillar
    D4Hxl
    416C
    Gehl
    5635DX

7. Top | #5
    Big
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:40 PM
    Thanks

Question

This is the manufacturer that I used. It's my understanding that one company actually manufacturers all "red iron" steel buildings except a small percentage.

Metal Building Supply Company | Home

They gave me 3wk notice of delivery and I had a forklift ready when the truck came. I had all the structure up in 4 days by myself. Lots of up and down a ladder, but doable. I called some friends to help with insulation and sheeting. Super easy. Wouldn't hesitate one second to do it again.
    -2017 2032R, 220r Loader, I-Match, Ken's Extended Top Hook, MMM, JD Ballast Box, Dual rear SCV's, Single Point Hydraulic Connection, Landscape Rake, Tarter Tiller, Boom Pole, Middle Buster/Potato Plow, Drag Harrow, Single Row Hipper, 5' Enorossi sickle bar, 3 point spike drag, Titan 42" Forks, 60" Box Blade, Landpride 3 point spreader, Leinbach 5' Disc.

-Bobcat 325G Mini Ex
    -Toro Dingo 322 with many attachments
    -Honda Pioneer 700

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Thanks
    here is a link to accredited mbma members but these are the "large" manufacturers for every one of these there are 10 un-accredited companies .......as Big said many of the smaller companies usually do not manufacturer all the parts they sell....some may get their purlins or sheet metal elsewhere and package it with their frames ....

mbma accredited member list

Accredited MBMA Members | MBMA
    mjncad likes this.
    John Deere
    5105M
    Caterpillar
    D4Hxl
    416C
    Gehl
    5635DX

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ttazzman For This Useful Post:

mjncad(11-11-2019)

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Thanks
    I have more ideas than ambition.

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:21 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,141 Times in 2,583 Posts
    If delivery is you main issue, rent a small telehandler for the day, or a week or even a month to help with construction.

Also, from personal experience, 24x24 is not very big if you have "toys", it fills up quick and get pretty small when you add shelving/racking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails s-l640.jpg
    mjncad, OxPath, mark02tj and 5 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:10 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    If delivery is you main issue, rent a small telehandler for the day, or a week or even a month to help with construction.

Also, from personal experience, 24x24 is not very big if you have "toys", it fills up quick and get pretty small when you add shelving/racking.
    That is the way to go. That stuff is heavy. Check rentals out ahead of time. Some places make you take a safety class before you can rent. Many have different rules on insurance also. You'll want to make sure you have that all squared away ahead of time.

Rent the basket for it too if they have one.

Not everyone has access to a West Brick Buggy.
    mjncad, Kennyd and OxPath like this.
    Mike

Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 10:53 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    This is the manufacturer that I used. It's my understanding that one company actually manufacturers all "red iron" steel buildings except a small percentage.

Metal Building Supply Company | Home

They gave me 3wk notice of delivery and I had a forklift ready when the truck came. I had all the structure up in 4 days by myself. Lots of up and down a ladder, but doable. I called some friends to help with insulation and sheeting. Super easy. Wouldn't hesitate one second to do it again.
    Hey Big,, your building sounds interesting,,
    can you give us an idea of what just the building cost? I know concrete will vary a LOT by area,,
    I think I am close enough to you that the cost would be similar,,,

Also,, a pic would be great,,

I have been thinking about something like this to use as a fab shop, not a place to store machines,,

,, and size would be great!!
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast