sandblaster redo redo
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sandblaster redo redo

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-04-2017 @ 05:58 AM
    Thanks

sandblaster redo redo

I changed the legs, I couldn't get the wheel angles right due to compund angles. The Channel on the back of the tank is wider at the tank, it's difference from the top throws the wheel tracking off. I tried mitering the 3/16 difference but I still couldn't get it right.

Photo 5 shows how compression alters a picture, the back shot of the tank makes it look like the tank is leaning to one side and the right leg looks like it's not square with the other. .. Photo 5A is a back shot but not compressed, it shows how things really are.. The drill press looks like it's only 2 ft off the floor.

Photo 15 shows how crummy Bosch cords are, I just fixed the grinder next to it about a week ago for the same thing.

Photos 11 and 12 show how the legs are only two degrees off from one another after being welded on...

The rest is pictures of my grinders and a three new ones. The two G12SR3 grinders I bought last year, they were on sale for 39.99 or something like that to the house, they came with a sturdy case and 5 wheels each. The new Hitachi rat tail I just got this week.

I prefer 6" rat tail grinders. The Hitachi rat tails are 11 amp 5" grinders but I run 5" and 6" wheels on them. The Makita is a 6" rat tail grinder, Makita doesn't make a 6" rat tail anymore. I called Makita and asked if they might have one that was a floor model and was lucky they did have this one.. got it for less money too because they can't sell it as new... it came in a plain brown box but it had everything with it.

Hope you like the pictures... I just need to build the handle bars, run the regulator plumbing to the tank and paint it with pickup bed liner... the wheels and handle bars I'm going to paint JD yellow.

18 pictures coming, that's a whole lot of editing, hope you enjoy the pictures. :morning2:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blaster 1.jpg   Blaster 2.jpg   Blaster 3.jpg   Blaster 4.jpg   Blaster 5.jpg  

Blaster 5A.jpg   Blaster 6.jpg   Blaster 7.jpg   Blaster 8.jpg   Blaster 9.jpg  

Blaster 10 Side.jpg   Blaster 11LL.jpg   Blaster 12rl.jpg   Blaster 14.jpg   Blaster 15.jpg  

Last edited by tackit; 08-19-2011 at 11:18 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Thanks
    New grinders
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G 13 SC2  16.jpg   G12SR3 Box 17.jpg   G12SR3 Grinder 18.jpg  

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:43 AM
    Thanks
    Angles are a pain; compound angles are an exponential pain.

Looks good!
    I have more ideas than ambition.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    Angles are a pain; compound angles are an exponential pain.

Looks good!
    You got that right MJ. I can't seem to find the right mojo when I try doing them free hand.... always off a bit, I suppose if a guy spent time building a holding jig it would make things go allot easier but for one project it's not worth it.

I want to bend up a 1/2" rod shelf coming off the back of the angle iron to hold a few bags of blasting media at the ready. I hope I have the time to do it befor winter ... weddings, bithdays, holidays and lazy ass along with hot weather makes it hard.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    11-30-2013 @ 08:29 PM
    Thanks
    Yo Jim, I just ordered this one last nite from KMS Tools in Vancouver. Whopping 15A. Can hardly wait for it to get here:

http://www.kmstools.com/hitachi-7-angle-grinder-13078

Quote Originally Posted by tackit View Post
    New grinders

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dellwas View Post
    Yo Jim, I just ordered this one last nite from KMS Tools in Vancouver. Whopping 15A. Can hardly wait for it to get here:

http://www.kmstools.com/hitachi-7-angle-grinder-13078
    Your are going to love it George, you'll find it's power mated to a brush as useful as a grinding wheel, just be sure to use a face mask and safety googles.

That's a fantastic price.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I want to build a shelf for the blaster like I did for my target thrower but with a lip to hold the bags of media on, Lowe's bags of media are not that big, a shelf will keep the bags off the ground when stored and at the ready when using the blaster so they don't get bumped and broken open. I still have check and see if a shelf's size is practical though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TT1.jpg   Target Thrower2.jpg  

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks Jim, was going to hold off for a Metabo, but couldn't let that one slip by at that price!

Your are going to love it George, you'll find it's power mated to a brush as useful as a grinding wheel, just be sure to use a face mask and safety googles.

That's a fantastic price.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    George I bought a low amperage Metabo 4 1/2 mini grinder many years ago. I got a good deal on it but ended up tossing it in the garbage can, it would slow down when you forced it into the work. Always check the amperage.

You'll have no complaints with your new Hitachi.

After talking with the SIL I agree with him the blasters legs are slanting to far back so they need to be cut off again and cut at a new angle so the blaster project is on permanent hold. I'm tired of dealing with it, maybe next year I'll feel like working on it again.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Oh ya, gotta have the grunt... Was the Metabo new or used? Sometimes too, the cheap stuff can fool you. We have a brand called Mastercraft from Candadian Tire. They have one grinder for $19, with a 3 year warranty. You just can't kill them...

George I bought a low amperage Metabo 4 1/2 mini grinder many years ago. I got a good deal on it but ended up tossing it in the garbage can, it would slow down when you forced it into the work. Always check the amperage.

You'll have no complaints with your new Hitachi.

After talking with the SIL I agree with him the blasters legs are slanting to far back so they need to be cut off again and cut at a new angle so the blaster project is on permanent hold. I'm tired of dealing with it, maybe next year I'll feel like working on it again.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast