Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Imaybail

Thread: 4300 Brush Guard

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-16-2018 @ 05:37 AM
    Thanks

4300 Brush Guard

After reading about the dangers of sticks and snags when using a grapple, I decided to make a brush guard for the tractor.
    The 4300 already had a frame of sorts that surrounds the radiator grill so I just needed to fill in the gaps to add more complete protection. I already had some expanded metal on hand. It was of the type that has a smooth surface.
    The frame that comes with the tractor has a crossmember across the middle, and one that runs from it to the top part of the frame. One one side the cross members are recessed about 1/4". I place the expanded metal in this recessed area so it is flush with the front surface of the frame. Torched out the rough shape, and a little grinding and some careful welds. Then a rattle can of Ace John Deere green.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CC21400F-C480-46CB-AB23-54D1CADDBCFC.JPG  
    Kennyd, keefus, jdmich and 2 others like this.
    2001 John Deere 4300 MFWD with 420 FEL, Woods BH 70 backhoe, Bush Hog 60" rotary cutter, Everything Attachments wicked grapple, Artillian diverter kit and hoses, 6' box blade, Springtooth plow, carryall. Power beyond kit and one remote. Towing it with a Dodge Ram 3500 and a 22' tilt trailer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements