• 2 Post By Kennyd

Thread: Power Beyond and 3rd SCV - both mid & rear outlets for 4-series

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    12-12-2018 @ 03:10 PM
    Thanks

Power Beyond and 3rd SCV - both mid & rear outlets for 4-series

OK Gents,

Getting into the confusing world of JD SCV's and need some help. OK, lots of help.

I found a real helpful reference chart for all the Power Beyond and SCV configurations on this site for both Cab and OOS 4R tractors. Mine is a 4R OOS. I am attaching this document.

Power Beyond:

I think I understand the Power Beyond setup which provides continuous hydraulic fluid to the PB ports located at the rear of the tractor for things like a backhoe. This is a continuous flow setup with a 'jumper' hose between the 2 quick disconnects. Correct?

But why are there 3 quick-disconnects with this kit? I would have expected 2 - a flow in & flow out which are connected with the 'jumper hose' What is the 3rd QD for? This is mounted on a separate bracket which also has holes for the rear 3rd SCV.

I believe the part # for this kit are BLV10039 and LVA17816 for a required hard-line(?). Can anyone confirm this?

I found the install manual for this kit ( LVU26950) but it references that additional parts might needed (maybe the LVA17816?), and references a install manual 'Kit Instruction, 4R Open Station, LVU28329'. Does anyone have this manual?

3rd SCV:

This is controlled by a thumb activated switch on the loader joystick, correct? So I assume there is no flow to the 3rd SCV unless the switch is activated? In one JD brochure is says that the 3rd SCV is continuous flow for operating hydraulic motors, etc but I think this is wrong?

It appears that you can have the 3rd SCV plumbed to both the Mid location (since there are holes for the QD's already) and also have it plumbed to the rear as well (using the same bracket as the mystery 3rd QD connection for the PB kit? Or can you only have it plumber to either the mid or the rear but not both?

I was thinking that this dual 3rd SCV setup would be perfect for operating a grapple or angle adjust for a front snow blade, and angle adjust for a rear blade (not both at once of course).

It looks like the part #s for the 3rd SCV are BLV10043 and LVA17974 and the rear mount 3rd SCV outlets are BLV10454. Can anyone confirm this?

Does anyone have the install manual(s) for the 3rd SCV's?

I assume I already have the required Load Center Assembly #BLV10456 as I have a large fuse box/relay assembly located down behind the seat on the left side that is fully populated. I did not order it with the tractor, but it came with it, so it must be a standard item now.

Would their be any other JD parts I need to purchase to install this complete setup?

Thanks!

-steve
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by stevepsd; 09-02-2017 at 02:34 PM.
    2017 4044R Open Station, eHydro, iMatch, H180 MSL loader & R4's.
    Power Beyond (BLV10969), 3rd EH SCV (BLV10764),
    John Deere 485A Backhoe with HD 18" Bucket & mechanical thumb,
    Frontier AP12F 48" Pallet Forks, BB2072 Box Blade, RC2072 Rotary Cutter,
    PHD200 Post Hole Digger w/12" Auger, Titan Ballast Box, FIMCO 3pt Sprayer

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,802 Times in 2,410 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevepsd View Post
    OK Gents,

Getting into the confusing world of JD SCV's and need some help. OK, lots of help.

I found a real helpful reference chart for all the Power Beyond and SCV configurations on this site for both Cab and OOS 4R tractors. Mine is a 4R OOS. I am attaching this document.

Power Beyond:

I think I understand the Power Beyond setup which provides continuous hydraulic fluid to the PB ports located at the rear of the tractor for things like a backhoe. This is a continuous flow setup with a 'jumper' hose between the 2 quick disconnects. Correct?
    Yes, that is 100% correct.

But why are there 3 quick-disconnects with this kit? I would have expected 2 - a flow in & flow out which are connected with the 'jumper hose' What is the 3rd QD for? This is mounted on a separate bracket which also has holes for the rear 3rd SCV.
    The 3rd port is a direct return to the tank that bypasses the rockshaft/3PH, that return is used when the backhoe in mounted so the 3PH is disabled.

I believe the part # for this kit are BLV10039 and LVA17816 for a required hard-line(?). Can anyone confirm this?

I found the install manual for this kit ( LVU26950) but it references that additional parts might needed (maybe the LVA17816?), and references a install manual 'Kit Instruction, 4R Open Station, LVU28329'. Does anyone have this manual?

3rd SCV:

This is controlled by a thumb activated switch on the loader joystick, correct?
    Yes, correct.

So I assume there is no flow to the 3rd SCV unless the switch is activated? In one JD brochure is says that the 3rd SCV is continuous flow for operating hydraulic motors, etc but I think this is wrong?
    Not sure on this one, they may have added the ability to lock it on on the new tractors. But generally it is momentary control with the up/down joystick buttons.

It appears that you can have the 3rd SCV plumbed to both the Mid location (since there are holes for the QD's already) and also have it plumbed to the rear as well (using the same bracket as the mystery 3rd QD connection for the PB kit? Or can you only have it plumber to either the mid or the rear but not both?
    There is an extra kit you can get to extend the 3rd read SCV up to the loader lo operate a grapple or plow, it's kit # BW16414 I think (or maybe BW16138), it costs about $400. You cannot have this kit plugged in (it just plugs into the rear couplers) and uses the 3rd SCV at the rear at the same time. The third PB coupler has nothing to do with this.

We are working on kit that does the same basic thing for about 1/2 the price, it uses all hoses rather than a few hardlines like the JD kit uses.

I was thinking that this dual 3rd SCV setup would be perfect for operating a grapple or angle adjust for a front snow blade, and angle adjust for a rear blade (not both at once of course).
    Yes...or you can just use long hoses, you can get them local or as mentioned we are working on a kit.

It looks like the part #s for the 3rd SCV are BLV10043 and LVA17974 and the rear mount 3rd SCV outlets are BLV10454. Can anyone confirm this?

Does anyone have the install manual(s) for the 3rd SCV's?

I assume I already have the required Load Center Assembly #BLV10456 as I have a large fuse box/relay assembly located down behind the seat on the left side that is fully populated. I did not order it with the tractor, but it came with it, so it must be a standard item now.

Would their be any other JD parts I need to purchase to install this complete setup?

Thanks!

-steve
    Steve, I am a bit short on time but I'll hit some key points for now. I'll also move this to the Hydraulics forum...

Oh, here is a thread that may help some too: http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...der-4052r.html
    Ray_PA and JimR like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    12-12-2018 @ 03:10 PM
    Thanks
    While investigating the 3rd SCV I found on the Build-Your-Own for the 4-series that the dealer installed 3rd SCV with both mid & rear outlets option, part # BLV10764 is available as a complete assembly from the parts dept. It lsure ooks like everything is included and at a price of about $150 less than buying the 3 separate kits, but maybe no installation manual or.....who knows what else.

The 3 separate kits are BLV10043, BLV10454 and LVA17974 according to the configuration guide in my first post.

Here is what the JD Parts diagram shows as coming in part #BLV10764
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BLV10764.JPG  
    2017 4044R Open Station, eHydro, iMatch, H180 MSL loader & R4's.
    Power Beyond (BLV10969), 3rd EH SCV (BLV10764),
    John Deere 485A Backhoe with HD 18" Bucket & mechanical thumb,
    Frontier AP12F 48" Pallet Forks, BB2072 Box Blade, RC2072 Rotary Cutter,
    PHD200 Post Hole Digger w/12" Auger, Titan Ballast Box, FIMCO 3pt Sprayer

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stevepsd For This Useful Post:

strycnine (11-25-2018)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements