Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Adding 3 Spool Valve to 2032r- Couple Questions

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-10-2019 @ 05:17 PM
    Thanks

Adding 3 Spool Valve to 2032r- Couple Questions

I'm working on piecing together a setup for a 3 spool valve to add to my 2032r so I can operate hydraulic top and tilt cylinders and a couple other things as needed. I've been doing a bunch of reading and my biggest question pertains to the best way to plumb he valve in.

Right now, I'm thinking a Prince Monobloc 3 spool valve should work. Comes with adjustable relief set to 2500 PSI and is set for open center and capable of power beyond.

http://www.princehyd.com/mobileservi...MonoBlock-8GPM

My tractor currently has factory power beyond for a backhoe which appears to be a supply off the loader valve and then a return to the tank. I was hoping I could tee off the supply line and return line to operate the spool valve, but it seems like that could cause issues with pressure.

Question is- what's the best way to do this? Do I need to redirect the supply for the factory power beyond to my spool valve first, then out of the spool through the spools power beyond port and on to the factory power beyond, or should I be doing it differently?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,152 Times in 2,520 Posts
    Which model of 2032R are we working with here? The new ones? Or is the older smaller version?
    pcabe5 likes this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    I bought mine in 2016 so I believe it's the older model.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    This thread should answer a lot of your questions.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...4&share_type=t
    pcabe5 likes this.
    - Jason

2720 w/ 200CX FEL

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks

Adding 3 Spool Valve to 2032r- Couple Questions

This may be a better link. I'm trying to post this from my phone.... sorry.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/#/topics/6704
    pcabe5 likes this.
    - Jason

2720 w/ 200CX FEL

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    I've actually read through yours a few times but I'm not sure I really see a clear answer to my scenario. Your tractor didn't have factory PB, mine does. Mine appears to use one of the supply ports and the tank return port you used on your install. I just want to make I plumb the spool valve and PB properly together.

I'm thinking I can supply my spool valve with my factory PB supply line, then supply my factory PB ports with the PB port on the spool valve. I'm just not sure if both the spool valve and the factory PB ports need to be returned to tank- if they can I need to make sure it's okay to tee into the factory PB return line. The spool valve has an in port, out port and plugged PB port.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:01 PM
    Thanks
    I'm not totally familiar with the PB on the 2032r, although, most likely the PB is set up like the PB on most JD SCUT's and CUT's. If that is the case, the return line from the PB is not a direct return to tank. This line is actually the supply line for the rockshaft (3 point) lift cylinder. This means, when the rockshaft is not being lifted, this line will return to tank, although, if the rockshaft (3 point) is lifted, then this line will build pressure in it. The amount of pressure will be dependent on how much load is attached to the 3 point.

So, what does this mean. If you use the PB pressure feed port to supply oil to your rear SCV and you use the return PB return port to connect the tank port of your rear SCV to, this will work as long as you do not attach anything to your 3 point and lift it. If you do lift the 3 point, this will apply pressure to the tank port on the rear SCV which is not good.

So, how should the rear SCV be connected. The tractor PB pressure port can feed oil to the pressure port on the rear SCV. The rear SCV must be set up with a PB plug installed. The PB port of the rear SCV will be connected to the PB return port at the rear of the tractor. Then, the tank port of the rear SCV must be connected directly to the tank line that goes into the sump of the differential. This is where you may have to add a TEE into the existing tank line from the main SCV and then run a hydraulic line from the TEE to the tank port of the rear SCV.

Here is the link to how I installed a rear SCV to my 1025R.
    http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...er-beyond.html
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    I seem to be having an issue viewing your thread right now. May have to try from a laptop. Seems like what your saying is that I can indeed supply my Spool valve with the supply for my factory power beyond. So, I'd remove my factory PB supply, connect that to my spool valve inlet, then split off of the power beyond port of the spool valve and feed the supply port of my factory PB outlets. In the meantime, I think you're saying I'd have to plumb a return line from my spool valve straight back to my tank which matches up to what I'm seeing in some diagrams.

I guess the only part I'm still a bit confused on would be the outlet of my factory PB. I had thought that was a return line to tank but it seems it supplies my rock shaft? I guess I need clarification on where that should go. It would seem to me if it does supply my rock shaft, I should be leaving it connected where it is?

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    I think I'm understanding what you're saying now that I keep rereading it. This picture is basically what I was thinking. Use the existing factory PB supply port on my bucket loader valve and run that directly to my new spool valve. Connect the PB port of the new valve directly to the supply inlet of my factory PB port. Then the factory PB outlet could continue back to the rock shaft/ tank port it currently dumps to. Meanwhile, I'd need to take the T port of my new valve and dump that directly back to tank.

If I'm using the 3pt with this hooked up as I've explained, can the rockshaft build pressure all the way back through the factory PB setup and up to the PB port on my new valve? If so, is the valve able to handle this since it's going to the PB port? I know I don't want to build pressure on the tank port.. not sure if the same applies for the PB port.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3331_1504963162994.PNG  
    Last edited by Wvdirtroads; 09-09-2017 at 08:28 AM.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Here's a couple pictures of my factory setup. Looks like I was wrong- my PB does go back to the loader valve area, not the tank. I'm assuming I can dump into the large bolt hole in the last picture?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3343_1505007482627.JPG   IMG_3344_1505007501999.JPG   IMG_3345_1505007523973.JPG  

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast