JD 3032E with Third Function Valve Problem Etc.
Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By Kennyd
  • 4 Post By 69project
  • 1 Post By binwan64

Thread: JD 3032E with Third Function Valve Problem Etc.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-18-2017 @ 08:08 AM
    Thanks

In October 2016 I installed WR Long third function valve and EA grapple on my JD 3032E bought in September 2016. The system has worked like a charm until recently.

The first time I experienced a problem was in July 2017 when I tried to use the grapple after last use in May. While I pressed the button, the grapple did not move. After several pushes of the button, the grapple started to move slowly then worked like nothing happened. On the second time, in September 2017, I tried to use the grapple again after last use in July; it was totally not moving. However, I can hear the click in one direction when the button was pressed. I then switched to fork lift and started to clean up fallen trees after Tropical Storm Irma.

In the middle of work, I experienced another problem. When I lowered the box blade, the 3PH won't raise up. After lunch, I tried to lift the 3PH again and it very slowly raised up, and after that it moved up and down like normal. I continued to cleanup the debris and at the end of work, as I suspected, once lowered on the ground, the box blade won't raise up. The tractor has 75 hours so far and at 50 hours I changed transmission oil and filters and the fluid level is still full.

For the third function valve problem, after reading CNGreen's post, I think it might be a stuck spool as Kenny pointed out and I will try that next time when I return to my farm. I just wonder, if the stuck spool in the third function valve could also affect the 3PH operation?

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by binwan64; 09-21-2017 at 04:18 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 2,415 Posts
    I'd all but guarantee the spool is sticking...and yes it can affect the 3PH since it's plumbed into the Power Beyond line and the 3PH/Rockshaft valve is next in the series. Continued operation like this may cause the fluid to overheat, so be careful.

Again I'll say it...anyone with an electric/hydraulic valve needs to cycle them regularly, even if nothing is hooked to them.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

binwan64 (09-22-2017)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 03:21 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    I'd all but guarantee the spool is sticking...and yes it can affect the 3PH since it's plumbed into the Power Beyond line and the 3PH/Rockshaft valve is next in the series. Continued operation like this may cause the fluid to overheat, so be careful.

Again I'll say it...anyone with an electric/hydraulic valve needs to cycle them regularly, even if nothing is hooked to them.
    I agree with Kennyd's statement. I have the same WR long 3rd function valve. You do need to cycle it on a regular basis to keep it happy. If for some reason you can't get it unstuck by pressing the button they are super easy to disassemble. The clearances inside that valve are just really tight. I didn't see any obvious flaws when I had mine apart. I simply took mine apart and slid in the cylinder multiple times and put it back together. It started working after that.
    Kennyd, BigJim55, binwan64 and 1 others like this.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 69project For This Useful Post:

binwan64 (09-22-2017)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4

Last Online
    10-18-2017 @ 08:08 AM
    Thanks

Updates on Third Function Valve Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post

I returned to my Ga farm last night. First thing in the morning, I went to the shop and used a lock pin to push the manual override pins on both ends of the valve for couple of times. Then I pressed the button on joystick - the grapple came back alive!

And, the 3PH also returned to normal!

Thank you so much! Your inputs are tremendously helpful!
    Kennyd likes this.

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 2,415 Posts

Thanks for the update

Glad to hear it's working again.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements