Green Tractor Talk banner

Hydraulic hose fitting.

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  coaltrain 
#1 ·

Is it possible to unscrew this angled fitting and attach the quick coupling so it is straight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
No. It is a pre-fab anlged coupling. The only place it comes apart is where the hex nuts are.

What are you trying to do that you need the end straight?

#6 ·
I have a 200cx loader(that came off a 2720) on my 4100. The hydraulic connects are on the front of the operator station so it’s harder to connect. On the 2720 the connected on the side.
You can see if a local hydraulic shop will put new ends on but as Kenny indicated they may not want to do that. The only other option would be to have new hoses made, which would probably be less expensive than buying hoses from JD.

#4 ·
Have the end cut off and a straight fitting put on your existing hose.

#5 ·
Most shops will not do that...Liability reasons especially if they carry a different brand fitting than the hose. You should never mix brands of crimps and hoses when your dealing with 3000+ PSI.

#10 ·
Also my dust caps came in from Kenny the other day. Only one will stay in. The other 3 won’t close? Is it possibly the connectors are dirty and sticking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats strange! Try flushing the couplers with WD40 to clean them out, the ring should snap towards the front to engage the detent balls. I may be able to help with hoses too if you decide to change them out.

#13 ·
I have had new, unused hoses redone, I.E. cut and different end crimped on. The shop I used said they would not touch used hoses, but have no problem redoing new, unused hoses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.