Adding 4/5th SCV remotes to 3520 O/S tractor (2006)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Adding 4/5th SCV remotes to 3520 O/S tractor (2006)

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:32 PM
    Thanks

Adding 4/5th SCV remotes to 3520 O/S tractor (2006)

As title states, looking to add 4/5th rear SCV's to my 2006 JD 3520 open station tractor. I have the lever controlled 3rd SCV at present. I do NOT have power beyond.
    Can someone give me the correct JD part # for my machine. I see a part # BLV 10761, but that may be for later model 3 series ? Not looking for the rocker type electro switches that are mounted in the fender, but the 2 lever system that mounts on the ROPS.
    What I am after is a true plug n play system. No cutting and brazing lines etc etc. Or is it going to be one of those...order 3 different kits to get the correct and necessary lines yada yada.
    Searched the archives but have yet to see direct answer to this question. I did see one post with a reference table but that had Power Beyond thrown in the mix. Thanks in advance.
    Ser no. is LV3520H259714
    Last edited by Busman; 11-16-2017 at 09:00 AM.
    Glen

Current Fleet

2017 - JD 1025R w/260B backhoe
    2018 - JD 1025R w/Mauser Cab

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,414 Posts
    Maybe someone will correct me...but I don't remember a manual 4th/5th ROPS mounted valve for the pre-2006 3-series. The 4th/5th was derived from the mid-SCV via a diverter setup. The part number may be LVB24854 for that kit.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    OK,,maybe I got the terminology mixed up a bit. I've attached a pic of part # LVB 26035......this is the set up I am after. Or whatever part # it is that I need for my 2006 JD 3520. However when I input that number into JD parts server, it bumps it over to part # BLV 10761.

So my question is...is LVB 26035 the part or kit I require? I already have 3rd SCV, but it is plumbed off of the loader stack. My 3rd SCV is lever operated not electro.

There is a JD 3 series SCV reference chart that I have attached but it is meant for MY 2011 and newer tractors. It also talks about oil line # LVA 17456. ?

Guys in JD parts are not sure either.. : /

Thx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0002086621____________A1.jpg   Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 4.55.32 PM.png  
    Glen

Current Fleet

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:12 PM
    Thanks
    I agree with kennyd, don't recall any pre 2011 JD 3 series kits that had the 4th/5th control valve/levers mounted on the ROPS.

I installed the 4th/5th JD diverter kit on my 2008 3320 and it works great, really like controlling blade angles with the joystick. Also installed the 3rd function later and no interference issues with any of the parts or oil lines.
    Last edited by eric102; 11-17-2017 at 11:59 AM.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eric102 View Post
    I agree with kennyd, don't recall any pre 2011 JD 3 series kits that had the 4th/5th control valve/levers mounted on the ROPS.
    OK..fair enough. Let's try another tack. I can buy an after market 2 or 3 spool and mount it on the ROPS. And for sake of simplicity and ease of install I can get some 3/8" hyd. rubber hoses and plumb it that way.

I took the seat off my tractor and have put blue tape on the oil lines. Give me a refresher on where the appropriate hydraulic hoses attach to.

The looped steel line on the bottom is what I want to tap into correct?
    Remove the loop line, pressure side is on the right and return line on the left? And then take a 3rd hose from valve body and route it back to tank on fitting below the hydraulic yellow cap?
    The top oil line with blue tape goes out and over to the left side motor.

Or what have I got wrong?

........And to further complicate this issue...another person suggested installing the Power Beyond kit first and then routing to 4/5th SCV from there?? Not sure what that accomplishes? Enlighten me please and thanks to all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0083.JPG   IMG_0120.JPG  
    Last edited by Busman; 11-17-2017 at 01:00 PM.
    Glen

Current Fleet

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    GLS,
    You are correct on the way to add in a new valve body. Once you remove the hardlines, you should be able to unscrew that adapter and screw in a new ORB (I think, -08?) to JIC adapter for your new hoses.
    Kenny

FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Good to know. Thanks Kenny.

What adapter are you referring to precisely?

What about the PB issue? . Is there any merit in adding PB while I am doing the 4/5 SCV.?

I am not planning on a backhoe at this time.
    Last edited by Busman; 11-17-2017 at 04:32 PM.
    Glen

Current Fleet

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    The PB can always be added later and plumbed the same way your new valve is and not use the JD kits. If you have no intention for a backhoe or log splitter then I would not worry about it as real estate is already at a premium.

The adapter I am taking about is circled. I do not think the taper on the existing one is the standard 37* used for JIC couplers, that’s why I suggested changing it. Brian at FitRite might know what works best there, he may reply later.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31ACB6B3-4EC7-4040-93E2-7F1D22835147.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	2.35 MB 
ID:	491210
    Kenny

My Equipment:
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks

More valves......

In continuing with adding more valves, more questions............

Since I have top n tilt cylinders and other implements that require remotes, I think it may be better to add a 4 spool valve, rather than just 4th & 5th SCV.s

Was looking at a 4 spool valve set up at the farm parts store and a few questions I had were not easily answered by staff. I have attached a couple of pics of said valve body, plus hydraulic schematic.

What confuses me is that there are 2 pressure inlets, labelled "P" and "P1" and 2 outlets, labelled "T" and "T1". And then I need to figure out where the line goes that returns to tank reservoir, (low pressure relief). I am not great at reading hydraulic schematics, so when I labelled the valve photo I may have not got the P and P2. and T and T2 ports ID'd correctly.

Now, supposedly I also need this BM40 Power Beyond adapter.? Which port on the valve body does that get plumbed into. And why do I require that?

What about thread sealant?

And would it be best to use ORB fittings thru out this install, or JIC.

Hoping the hydraulic guys out there can clear the muddies waters for me.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 8.34.04 AM.jpg   IMG_0123.JPG   Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 6.27.51 AM.png  
    Glen

Current Fleet

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gls1320 View Post
    In continuing with adding more valves, more questions............

Since I have top n tilt cylinders and other implements that require remotes, I think it may be better to add a 4 spool valve, rather than just 4th & 5th SCV.s
    Good call.

Was looking at a 4 spool valve set up at the farm parts store and a few questions I had were not easily answered by staff. I have attached a couple of pics of said valve body, plus hydraulic schematic.
    I might suggest getting a Prince or Bucher valve, not some generic one from the low cost bidder to the "farm store" chain.

What confuses me is that there are 2 pressure inlets, labelled "P" and "P1" and 2 outlets, labelled "T" and "T1". And then I need to figure out where the line goes that returns to tank reservoir, (low pressure relief). I am not great at reading hydraulic schematics, so when I labelled the valve photo I may have not got the P and P2. and T and T2 ports ID'd correctly.
    On some valves, there are two machined ports for the main lines to make plumbing easier-you use one and plug (usually included) the other.

Now, supposedly I also need this BM40 Power Beyond adapter.? Which port on the valve body does that get plumbed into. And why do I require that?
    You need this to make the valve "power beyond" capable. This will allow any fluid not used/directed to the work ports (by moving a valve handle) to continue to flow to the next downstream valve, which is the 3PH in this case. The "waste" oil or "return oil" from the work ports will be directed to the T (tank) or OUT port, this get plumbed back to the tank/sump.
    This adapter will take the place of a plug in the valve body, it's usually located near the OUT port. This adapter will provide the PB port.

What about thread sealant?
    Only needed on NPT fittings, do not use teflon tape.

And would it be best to use ORB fittings thru out this install, or JIC.
    ORB and JIC are preferred whenever possible, NPT is evil

Hoping the hydraulic guys out there can clear the muddies waters for me.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    See above...
    Kenny

My Equipment:
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast