Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Need help identifying the hydraulic couplings/fittings on my 3025e

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    12-31-2018 @ 12:19 PM
    Thanks

Need help identifying the hydraulic couplings/fittings on my 3025e

Hi all,

The good news. My girlfriend bought me the best 40th b'day/Xmas present ever. A Woodmaxx 62" flail mower with hydraulic side shift that should make short work of the lawn at our house.

The better news. It will be arriving in a couple days.

The bad news. I have no idea what type of hydraulic lines and fittings I need to to connect my tractor's hydraulics to the mower for the side shift operation.

I have next to no experience with hydraulic fittings aside from connecting and disconnecting them off my loader and backhoe so please bear with any of my incompetence. I have a 3025e that I purchased this year. I got the quick park option that allows for removal of the loader and adds coupling for removal of the hydraulic lines. I plan on running the the mower hydraulics off the loader joystick.

The mower has 1/2-14 NPTF threads, I assume they're male ends. The couplings for the hydraulic fittings for the loader on my tractor appear to be the same as was on my 1023e, but I don't know with certainty. The fittings on the loader end of the line are marked NV14-38 saef 14-E0. I'm including some pics of them below as well.

It would be greatly appreciated if somebody can tell me what size/type of female fittings would be needed to hook up the hydraulic lines to my loader joystick control. I also need some recommendations on where to purchase the lines from. I would need 2 lines about 6' long with the corresponding 1/2-14 NPTF threads to hook up on the mower side.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6EB2CB5D-C27D-4ABE-AA69-D63B5C08F2BA.jpg  
    Last edited by tommott77; 01-16-2018 at 08:35 AM.
    johnH123 and EBhunts like this.
    2017 JD 3025e TLB
    -D 160 loader w/ quick park removable kit
    -Woods BH75 backhoe
    -Betstco 105 EFG Flail Mower (soon to be upgraded)
    -Titan Pallet Forks
    -Ratchet Rake
    -Heavy Hitch
    -LMC Box blade

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    07-11-2019 @ 09:47 PM
    Thanks

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 2,415 Posts
    Your loader couplers are 1/4 ISO 5675 "AG" style w/poppet with a 3/8" SAE thread (but that part is irrelevant to you now).

We sell them on our website with 1/4" NPT threads. Yes they are the same as your previous 1023E.
    PJR832 likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

tommott77 (01-16-2018)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 03:21 PM
    Thanks
    You can get hoses/lines and fittings at your local Parker Hydraulic store or NAPA. If you tell them the dimensions they make them for you.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 69project For This Useful Post:

tommott77 (01-16-2018)

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Your loader couplers are 1/4 ISO 5675 "AG" style w/poppet with a 3/8" SAE thread (but that part is irrelevant to you now).

We sell them on our website with 1/4" NPT threads. Yes they are the same as your previous 1023E.
    Thanks all for the replies. Do you sell hosing as well? I'm unsure of what diameter hose I'd need for the corresponding fitting size. After re-reading Woodmaxx's website where it says "Hose ends that connect to the tractor are fitted with 1/2-14 NPTF threads" I'm now assuming I'd need a complete male/female coupling for the mower side of the hose.
    2017 JD 3025e TLB
    -Woods BH75 backhoe
    -Titan Pallet Forks
    -Ratchet Rake
    -Heavy Hitch
    -LMC Box blade

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I can have hose(s) custom made and drop shipped, but I only do that when the customer knows EXACTLY what they need. There are just to many sizes and crimp styles to guess, once a hose is made it's yours-no sending it back for credit.

I'd suggest you try to find a local shop, even many NAPA stores (or Parker as mentioned above) will make hydraulic hoses and can help with fittings-also wait until you have the unit so you can see exactly whats needed and how long they need to be. You will need 1/4" or 3/8" hose.
    PJR832 likes this.
    Kenny

FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

tommott77 (01-16-2018)

12. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    I can have hose(s) custom made and drop shipped, but I only do that when the customer knows EXACTLY what they need. There are just to many sizes and crimp styles to guess, once a hose is made it's yours-no sending it back for credit.

I'd suggest you try to find a local shop, even many NAPA stores (or Parker as mentioned above) will make hydraulic hoses and can help with fittings-also wait until you have the unit so you can see exactly whats needed and how long they need to be. You will need 1/4" or 3/8" hose.
    That’s all greatly appreciated. Last couple questions and I should have it. Does the different size hose, 1/4 vs 3/8”, affect the operation? Lastly is there specific type, or pressure rated, hose that I should be using?
    2017 JD 3025e TLB
    -Woods BH75 backhoe
    -Titan Pallet Forks
    -Ratchet Rake
    -Heavy Hitch
    -LMC Box blade

13. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Yes, hose size can affect performance, but we are taking about a small cylinder used to control side shift, your not operating a big motor. You also have limited flow, so using a large hose is not needed. Think of it as hooking up a 2” fire hose to the hose bib at your hose that’s made for 3/4” hose, what’s the point of that?
    You should be looking for 3000psi rated hose at a minimum.
    PJR832 likes this.
    Kenny

My Equipment:
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

14. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks to all the assistance thus far. So now a couple weeks later I have and put everything together needed. I bought the 2x 1/4 fittings recommend by Kenny, 2x 10' of 3/8" hydrualix line, and 2x 1/2" 4AGF4 fittings for the mower connection. I'm experiencing some leaks at the 1/2" fittings on the mower side though after getting things as tight as possible manually. Do I need to be using some sort thread sealant or tape with those fittings? If so what would be the proper recommended sealant type, and what would be the proper application and set up procedure?

Again thanks for everybody getting me this far. I'm learning, albeit slowly.
    Last edited by tommott77; 02-19-2018 at 02:49 PM.
    PJR832 likes this.
    2017 JD 3025e TLB
    -Woods BH75 backhoe
    -Titan Pallet Forks
    -Ratchet Rake
    -Heavy Hitch
    -LMC Box blade

15. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 03:21 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tommott77 View Post
    Thanks to all the assistance thus far. So now a couple weeks later I have and put everything together needed. I bought the 2x 1/4 fittings recommend by Kenny, 2x 10' of 3/8" hydrualix line, and 2x 1/2" 4AGF4 fittings for the mower connection. I'm experiencing some leaks at the 1/2" fittings on the mower side though after getting things as tight as possible manually. Do I need to be using some sort thread sealant or tape with those fittings? If so what would be the proper recommended sealant type, and what would be the proper application and set up procedure?

Again thanks for everybody getting me this far. I'm learning, albeit slowly.
    You should not need any type of sealant with hydraulic lines although I have used plumbers tape before with success. It is NOT recommended because if a piece of it gets in your system it can potentially cause a restriction in the system.

When you say tighten manually, have you put a wrench on it or is this just hand tighten?
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 69project For This Useful Post:

tommott77 (02-20-2018)

17. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast